17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

24 megapixel image contains a finite number of pixels. Enhancing the image results in inserting a larger number of pixels into the enhanced area that did not get captured by the camera in the file. These new pixels are a guesstimate of what would be there, but that guess is not reliable.
Which is why you get an expert to do the manual enhancements.

This is not correct. If the state causes a mistrial they cannot try the defendant again if they did so intentionally or in violation of the defendant's rights. This is because jeopardy has attached. The DA can not cause a mistrial if things are going bad to get a fresh try.

I’ve already said as much. And also, yes and no. In theory, that is correct. But it’s very possible and probably even more common for either the prejudicial event to be say, something a witness says (and therefore not tied directly to the prosecutor), or otherwise not rise to the level of intentional misconduct, and judges tend not give prosecutors far more difference than they should. You are far more likely to see a mistrial declared than a dismissal for prosecutorial misconduct.

Which is why you get an expert to do the manual enhancements.
If an image contains a cat that makes up about 6 pixels, can we tell with a legal certainty what type of cat it was, what color cat it was, what sex it was? Can an enhancement tell us if there is no other information to rely on?

I actually get where Binger was going with the zoom stuff, but it was darn funny when he accuses the defense of saying stuff without any basis, only for the defense to ask him what IOS he’d be using and him to not know. What a great way to make the point.

Also funny when he says it’s already in evidence and not enhancing anything, and both the judge and defense immediately asked him then why do you need to zoom in? 🤣🤣🤣

The anger of the judge was a little surprising.I wonder if the prosecution is just screwing up to get the judge to explode.

I hate the idea of welcoming another conspiracy theory into my life, but it really looks like the prosecution is willful in his push toward mistrial. Can he really be that incompetent? I guess so.

"There are four lights!"

IMG_0008.GIF

Is the prosecution stepping over the line to force a mistrial? No doubt the prosecution knows they are losing badly. Mistrial would allow for a new trial.

I hate the idea of welcoming another conspiracy theory into my life, but it really looks like the prosecution is willful in his push toward mistrial. Can he really be that incompetent? I guess so.

Not incompetence. If he knows he’s got a bad case with a judge that isn’t going to play ball with him, a mistrial may be the best outcome. That way there’s a chance, due to a number of reasons, that a different judge ends up presiding over the new trial. It’s smart. Of course if he pushes it too far he may find himself in the situation of not just a mistrial, but a mistrial due to misconduct leading to a dismissal with prejudice. And this judge is probably one of the few who seems willing to go that route if need be.

Not incompetence. If he knows he’s got a bad case with a judge that isn’t going to play ball with him, a mistrial may be the best outcome.
IANAL, but at this late stage I don't think the prosecutor himself can pull it off without prejudice. Frankly, I think he's already earned it, and a directed verdict to boot, but the judge really seems to want to hand it to the jury.

The prosecutor was attempting to portray the selection of FMJ as more dangerous because it is more likely to pass through the intended target and continue on.
It was a trap with no correct answer.
FMJ it could have passed through ten people , so you intended to commit mass murder , didn't you ?
JHP, your intention was to inflict horrific injuries on anyone you shot wasn't it ?

Back
Top Bottom