17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd prefer my Kris to a Katana.
That's not proof against all defenses.
il_fullxfull.3058445035_lfjd.jpg

P.S.> I despise these websites that post opinion pieces without any means of public comment.

🐯
It's nature's way of telling you that the site is made out of Very Fake News.

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Meh. She bought the prosecution's provocation claim. I'm not shocked.

See, since the actual SD component of the incident is not debatable, the left has no idea how to react to the verdict. They need a reason why Kyle was still, somehow, wrong. The prosecutors gave them that narrative. It was a hail-mary pass by Binger at the end of the trial, and it (not surprisingly) didn't work legally, but we're talking here about people who NEED Kyle to be in the wrong. Somehow. The facts don't suit that narrative, so they're clinging to an explanation that does.

This is cognitive dissonance in action. It's human nature. We all do it, but it's not usually so obvious.
Heck, there are posters here who've bought and sold the prosecutor's claim.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Written by a Trump deranged supporter of Biden, pretending that she is not anti 2A from the jump as she condescends to rural gun owners.

P.S.> I despise these websites that post opinion pieces without any means of public comment.

🐯
AND she is just not important. The follow/followers ratio is almost 2.0

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Meh. She bought the prosecution's provocation claim. I'm not shocked.

See, since the actual SD component of the incident is not debatable, the left has no idea how to react to the verdict. They need a reason why Kyle was still, somehow, wrong. The prosecutors gave them that narrative. It was a hail-mary pass by Binger at the end of the trial, and it (not surprisingly) didn't work legally, but we're talking here about people who NEED Kyle to be in the wrong. Somehow. The facts don't suit that narrative, so they're clinging to an explanation that does.

This is cognitive dissonance in action. It's human nature. We all do it, but it's not usually so obvious.

Yes, folks need to deal with accepting the verdict and still maintain their position on guns and systemic racism. Yet, more Democrats approved of the verdict (31%, MorningConsult) than believe firearms laws are About Right or a Too Strict (19%, Pew Apr 2021). Leftist riots/looting/burning has more than a few Moderate/Conservative Democrats reconsidering armed self-defense.

2BCD9F2B-2666-42DF-8021-B0CF1061349A.jpeg

Gun ownership is not a rarity among women and POCs but…

708ED47C-B9B9-452D-A204-2D61E549BE65.jpeg

…is still largely a Conservative/Republican thing.

25038C2B-078F-4E72-B693-6DECC5AA805E.jpeg

chuckules

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, folks need to deal with accepting the verdict and still maintain their position on guns and systemic racism. Yet, more Democrats approved of the verdict (31%, MorningConsult) than believe firearms laws are About Right or a Too Strict (19%, Pew Apr 2021). Leftist riots/looting/burning has more than a few Moderate/Conservative Democrats reconsidering armed self-defense.

View attachment 546636

Gun ownership is not a rarity among women and POCs but…

View attachment 546644

…is still largely a Conservative/Republican thing.

View attachment 546645

Pew Research Center doing…Pew Pew research?

meh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Recent election-related polling performance has forced me to attach a pro-left bias to polls conducted by traditional methods. I think this is a function of participation and, to some extent, of left-wing browbeating rather than to the poll construction itself. If the approval ratings for Biden are polling in the low 40's by traditional methods, I'm thinking the correct number is probably in the high 20's or low 30's. If 39% disapprove of the Rittenhouse verdict when polled by traditional methods, I'm thinking the real number is probably somewhere in the 20's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Eugene Volokh, in his blog Volokh Conspiracy, is “…researching the cases dealing with self-defense rights of people who go to a place armed, knowing that it's likely to be dangerous…” to address the subject of self-defense when claimants could be accused of “probably looking for trouble.”

This is, of course, relates to the Rittenhouse case, where KR went to a place “he had no right to be, with an AR rifle, looking for trouble.”

My perspective posted: “If government withholds resources to maintain order of law in otherwise previously safe areas, or is implicit in the violence itself, can going to those areas become “looking for trouble”, and disable any positive self-defense claim?

ACLED observed: “Approximately 94% of all pro-BLM demonstrations have been peaceful, with 6% involving reports of violence, clashes with police, vandalism, looting, or other destructive activity.
In the remaining 6%, it is not clear who instigated the violent or destructive activity.” [Presence of far-right at these small number of sites where violence erupted is inferred as a cause]
A Year of Racial Justice Protests: Key Trends in Demonstrations Supporting the BLM Movement | ACLED

Wouldn’t entering any of the 3000+ locations in the US that saw 11000+ demonstrations May 2020-2021 be “almost certainly not looking for trouble” with a 94% statistical justification?”

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eugene Volokh, in his blog Volokh Conspiracy, is “…researching the cases dealing with self-defense rights of people who go to a place armed, knowing that it's likely to be dangerous…” to address the subject of self-defense when claimants could be accused of “probably looking for trouble.”
He doesn't seem to have addressed whether
by the time of the 2010 Arkansas Criminal Code,
the legislature had superseded the precedent from that 1915 case.

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are better/less contravercial places to go......if I were a young person today determined to get a degree I'd look at Liberty U and a couple others.......

Hillsdale College would probably let him teach a course in riot disincentivizing through the use of ballistic counter-skateboard technology.

🐯

Top Bottom