17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

I like this shirt better:
20170504_214723-scaled.jpg

[grin]
When I was studying AMOK, they sold a shirt that said "If you blink, you'll die in the dark"

Eugene Volokh, in his blog Volokh Conspiracy, is “…researching the cases dealing with self-defense rights of people who go to a place armed, knowing that it's likely to be dangerous…” to address the subject of self-defense when claimants could be accused of “probably looking for trouble.”

This is, of course, relates to the Rittenhouse case, where KR went to a place “he had no right to be, with an AR rifle, looking for trouble.”

My perspective posted: “If government withholds resources to maintain order of law in otherwise previously safe areas, or is implicit in the violence itself, can going to those areas become “looking for trouble”, and disable any positive self-defense claim?

ACLED observed: “Approximately 94% of all pro-BLM demonstrations have been peaceful, with 6% involving reports of violence, clashes with police, vandalism, looting, or other destructive activity.
In the remaining 6%, it is not clear who instigated the violent or destructive activity.” [Presence of far-right at these small number of sites where violence erupted is inferred as a cause]
A Year of Racial Justice Protests: Key Trends in Demonstrations Supporting the BLM Movement | ACLED

Wouldn’t entering any of the 3000+ locations in the US that saw 11000+ demonstrations May 2020-2021 be “almost certainly not looking for trouble” with a 94% statistical justification?”

Eugene Volokh, in his blog Volokh Conspiracy, is “…researching the cases dealing with self-defense rights of people who go to a place armed, knowing that it's likely to be dangerous…” to address the subject of self-defense when claimants could be accused of “probably looking for trouble.”
He doesn't seem to have addressed whether
by the time of the 2010 Arkansas Criminal Code,
the legislature had superseded the precedent from that 1915 case.

There are better/less contravercial places to go......if I were a young person today determined to get a degree I'd look at Liberty U and a couple others.......

Hillsdale College would probably let him teach a course in riot disincentivizing through the use of ballistic counter-skateboard technology.

🐯

Remember when that NBC reporter person got busted following the jury and they denied he worked for them and that nothing like that happened?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SVd3p9wJJVo

I know you will all be shocked to find out, but they lied.

The producer on the phone doesn't know how to speak properly? Uh UH Uhuh , more likely trying to get the lie correct and not admit anything

Here’s the hero bailing on his gun.

“We don’t want anything to do with that,” he said.
Why?? It's not the gun that did anything. It saved your life!
If it's for the sake of erasing bad memories, then sell it to someone else who could use it. Or auction it off and use the proceeds for charitable purposes.

It reminds him of a traumatic experience where he thought he was going to die and ended up having to kill people, lost a year of his life, and won't live a normal life after. I can see why he doesn't want to keep it.

Also, lessens the 'gun night right wing white supremacist looking for trouble' image I guess.

Back
Top Bottom