• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro in march?

Decided to give the show a miss (as there's not that much that I'm looking for that I'm likely to find there) and went to the New Bedford Steel Challenge Shoot instead.

The wife and I got there around 8:15 and the line was starting to snake out into the parking lot. By the time they opened the doors, the line was pretty darn long, though it moved quick.

Spent about 4 hours total (including the wait in line) and a good chunk of change... [smile]

Some of the larger exhibitors were very busy and were backing up on the background/license checks.

The wife and I got there around 8:15 and the line was starting to snake out into the parking lot. By the time they opened the doors, the line was pretty darn long, though it moved quick.

Spent about 4 hours total (including the wait in line) and a good chunk of change... [smile]

Some of the larger exhibitors were very busy and were backing up on the background/license checks.

By the time I got there at 9, the line had found its way across the parking lot almost as far as the tombstone trailer by the pond [laugh]

Its nice having a friend who works for a dealer at the show, I walked right by the line [smile]

The jerky table smelled fantastic. The dude drinking beer selling t-shirts and stickers smelled funny. The guy at the table selling ambi-notch glock 17 17rnd mags for $50ea smelled like he wanted a smack in the face.
This was the first "real" gun show I have attended. I'm still amazed at how rude and smelly people are but I don't suppose it was too bad, I was tempted by the Remington 1911s for $599 and there was a like-new Sig P239 for $599 as well. I really thought there'd be some better deals on a S&W M&P15 Sport and ammo, guess i had my hopes a little high[laugh]

I really thought there'd be some better deals on a S&W M&P15 Sport and ammo, guess i had my hopes a little high

I was looking for a Sport too. Prices were not good. I talked to a few vendors and they all seemed set that they would sell at $700+/- so I didn't bother. I'll be picking one up on Tueday tho... [smile]

Got there at 10 and no line at all. Was my first gun show and really enjoyed it. Went with two friends also from the Cape. Saw Fuchi (sp) 115 gr 9mm ammo $220/k, that seemed like to good price. The jerky was good. The only food vender was very good, largest hot dogs I have ever seen, big sandwiches, but way too few places to sit to eat.

Tom

bought 1100 rounds of M855 Green tip on stripper clips for about 480$, def some wierdos there (walking around AND behind the booths), my girlfriend asked why there were so many guys wearing military camo and blousing their boots....and I had no answer....why do guys have to dress up like G.I. Joe to go to these? lol

I also feel so bad when I see people at the booths were vendors are selling the cheapest no name brand Chinese knock off scopes/optics/lights and guys are sitting there listening to them and thinking they really do know what they are talking about

Last edited:
Any members see any clean Beretta tomcats? or knuckle dusters? perhaps some SW .357 mag revolvers? debating if i'll make the trip out west tomorrow.

Luckily for me i picked up the MP15 sport when they first dropped. =)

Happy hunting for those who definitely are goin!!

Went, it was alright. Nothing special
Cases of 7.62x54 for $185

Mosins for 125, was looking at one m44 for 240, when i put it down someone picked it up and bought it.
Walked in, no line at 245, lots of space inside, but still people smell like sh1t

I was looking for a Sport too. Prices were not good. I talked to a few vendors and they all seemed set that they would sell at $700+/- so I didn't bother. I'll be picking one up on Tueday tho... [smile]
Yeah, $699 seemed to be the best anyone could do. I'd sooner give my local guy a couple more bucks and keep my money local or try and find time to get up to FS and buy one at some point. $12 a box for 9mm was no great deal either.

Went, it was alright. Nothing special
Cases of 7.62x54 for $185

Mosins for 125, was looking at one m44 for 240, when i put it down someone picked it up and bought it.
Walked in, no line at 245, lots of space inside, but still people smell like sh1t

If I had more time I probably would have at least left with a Mosin and some ammo, but $125 really wasn't that great a deal anyway. And, yes, I noticed how bad people smelled and all the guys dressed up as army men. Quite the interesting crowd (absolutely as strange as any other goofy convention I've been dragged to).

Last edited:
Well after weeks of toiling with the notion my 1903A4 sniper had an original A4 keystone military stock replacement someone modified the bolt notch cutout for some reason, I went on the hunt for an original unmessed with A4 stock. I found this very nice original A4 scant stock at a great price today, which would be correct for my early 1st block of A4's. Excellent condition, no rebuild marks, no cracks ect.

IMAG0126-1.jpg

IMAG0125-1.jpg

Fully cartouched and unsanded

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

Now I'm really happy with my A4 now

IMAG0129-1.jpg

IMAG0131-1.jpg

Yes, and the white contact lenses and the barcode tattoo on the back of his head. He freaked my fiance out wicked bad.

Show was decent, pretty crowded near all the gun tables.

Got 800 rounds 2 tshirts and a bumper sticker.

Decent time overall

ByeBye....He's a nice guy, with a different dresscode. He shoots at Southborough, and I'm sure that he, and I. would be happy to have you bust some clays with us.

We're hosting the GOAL Cup in april (thread in the Shotgun Competition section)...come on out to the Top of the Hill!

Can anyone tell me if primer sellers have 5k sleeves of Wolf 223 primers? If so what they are asking for them.

I didn’t see any wolf primers. I found one box of Winchester small rifle for $30 and some others were selling for up to $35 per box.

I was mostly looking for reloading and the usual parts I’m missing on some of my older guns. I did ok with the reloading. I was really happy to find a part for my old .22 that I haven’t been able to get my hands on for almost 10 years now.

ByeBye....He's a nice guy, with a different dresscode. He shoots at Southborough, and I'm sure that he, and I. would be happy to have you bust some clays with us.

We're hosting the GOAL Cup in april (thread in the Shotgun Competition section)...come on out to the Top of the Hill!

I appreciate that. Like people w tats, people who dress "outlandish" are usually some of the nicest people. Same w people i meet at the range

bought 1100 rounds of M855 Green tip on stripper clips for about 480$, def some wierdos there (walking around AND behind the booths), my girlfriend asked why there were so many guys wearing military camo and blousing their boots....and I had no answer....why do guys have to dress up like G.I. Joe to go to these? lol

I also feel so bad when I see people at the booths were vendors are selling the cheapest no name brand Chinese knock off scopes/optics/lights and guys are sitting there listening to them and thinking they really do know what they are talking about

It is a 'show' after all [laugh]

As for the crap being marked up, ya, centerpoint scopes you can get at wallyworld for nothing being marked up 10$ a pop or more...

Any members see any clean Beretta tomcats? or knuckle dusters? perhaps some SW .357 mag revolvers? debating if i'll make the trip out west tomorrow.

Luckily for me i picked up the MP15 sport when they first dropped. =)

Happy hunting for those who definitely are goin!!

Theres plenty of revolvers, was a couple 686's for fair price 550$ for a six inch I think it was, saw a 2 1/2 inch one in great condition but forget the price, other various models but wasnt really checking prices on them.

Well after weeks of toiling with the notion my 1903A4 sniper had an original A4 keystone military stock replacement someone modified the bolt notch cutout for some reason, I went on the hunt for an original unmessed with A4 stock. I found this very nice original A4 scant stock at a great price today, which would be correct for my early 1st block of A4's. Excellent condition, no rebuild marks, no cracks ect.

IMAG0126-1.jpg

IMAG0125-1.jpg

Fully cartouched and unsanded

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

Now I'm really happy with my A4 now

IMAG0129-1.jpg

IMAG0131-1.jpg

BEAUTIFUL rifle man!

I went and regretted it within the first two minutes. The only plus for me was seeing Greg and Carmen's nice table across from Mister PMAG.

Thanks buddy! We had fun today and met some very cool people. We also had some repeat customers from past shows, so we must be doing something right (God only knows what it is...[grin])

I'm still amazed at how rude and smelly people are

Apparently I should see an ear, nose & throat guy because I have no idea what you all are bitching about. Really? You all think that the people attending these shows smell bad? Either I'm just not paying attention or I apparently have a sniffer that's much less sensitive than normal.

It is a 'show' after all [laugh]

As for the crap being marked up, ya, centerpoint scopes you can get at wallyworld for nothing being marked up 10$ a pop or more...

Theres plenty of revolvers, was a couple 686's for fair price 550$ for a six inch I think it was, saw a 2 1/2 inch one in great condition but forget the price, other various models but wasnt really checking prices on them.

I didn't see too many 686 6" (if I had seen one for that price I probably would have picked it up). I did see a few different really nice looking Dan Wesson 357 revolvers although, admittedly, I know nothing about them.

Apparently I should see an ear, nose & throat guy because I have no idea what you all are bitching about. Really? You all think that the people attending these shows smell bad? Either I'm just not paying attention or I apparently have a sniffer that's much less sensitive than normal.

If you go to enough gun shows you will smell a few people as he describes. While not NEARLY as bad as a hamfest, there are usually a fair number of stinkers at a gun show.

It's not so bad if you use the "quick strike" method and get in when the door opens and get out by the time it gets crowded.

-Mike

My first few minutes there I didn't notice it and thought it was an NES myth, but after a while I noticed a few people whose hygene was sorely lacking. The fact that it felt like about 120 degrees in there probably didn't help their cause either[laugh]

I got there late, but my only reason was for custom molded earplugs. The place was near silent sounding while I was getting those made!

I did some poking around but just spent a few bucks at the beef jerky vendor.

I also know the guy you guys were talking about and he's a really nice guy and very knowledgable. Can never judge a book by its cover!

Back
Top Bottom