11yo Girl Sets New Record for Field Stripping Her AR15

What would be the cause of her constantly having to tap and rack?

Possibly the way she holds the gun. Her hands are too small to hold the gun in proper way and reach the trigger at the same time. That causes the famous Glock *limp-wrist* problem and FTF/FTE.

You can see the web of her hand to the right of the back of the grip, when it should be more centered. Basically her grip somewhat emulates the one used here to cause the malfunction on purpose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE44BxvqNYk

Also she might not have seated the mag properly in one of those vids. I am curious if they actually used snap caps there...

Last edited:
Basically one of the members thought the videos were inappropriate.

If she were not interested in doing that and was forced then yes, I would agree. However she does appear to enjoy it, if only for the attention she gets from her dad for doing it.

Goes to show that with practice, anything can be accomplished. When I finally save up enough dough to buy a box of .233 maybe I can become that good. [wink]

Basically one of the members thought the videos were inappropriate.

I don't see why anyone in the firearms community would deam that inappropriate at all...she's in a controlled environment and has all the safety steps in place.It's no different than taking a child hunting...you see 7-8-9 yr olds with thier pictures in Hawkeye hunting and fishing news paper all the time with thier turkeys,deer,bear that they took in season.

i wouldnt call it inappropriate, but i do consider it on the odd side.
her father, or whoevers training her seems to be bent on turning his daughter into a child soldier, minus the war. teaching marksmanship skills and the fundamentals of shooting is one thing, being involved in weapon drills based around combat is another.

and the AR15 is a lot easier to take apart when you have tiny fingers.

Some view the times as uncertain and that her skill training now, may translate into survival later. She may also be a latchkey kid whose parents want to instill skills in her that may save her life when home alone - often 911 is not enough. I would jump at the opportunity if my 13 year old daughter wanted to take a defensive pistol/rifle class.... Plus it's fun! [wink]

this was posted sometime in the late winter/ early spring here at NES.
this same girl if i remember correctly can also be found doing combat drills with a glock.

i'll be the bad guy here and say i dont find it "cool" or entertaining at all.

im about to say something that everyone here will disagree with, and im having a hard time putting this into words here...

i dont think young children should be trained in combat drills or in depth experience with them (depending on what video this little girl is in, ive seen 3 so far).
lets get down to brass tacks here, guns are made to kill people, not have your 12 year old daughter learn it inside and out and post the video on the internet so daddy can feel good about himself.
whats this guy going to do next? send his daughter of to somalia to get some real combat experience? jesus.
when (or if) i ever have kids, they will learn how to shoot, but they will not be taught advanced things at young ages.

i dont expect anyone here to agree with any of the above.

Dench, I can see your point of view, but I must disagree. I think it's a good thing to teach children about guns, and if one gets this good at handling one, I think she is in a better position to respect and correctly handle a firearm. The fact she can tear it down and reassemble is a recognition of her ability and training.

When we were in the service (You and I), didn't we learn how to do this with our duty weapon? Did our proficiency with that weapon reflect on the person who taught us, or mean that they WANTED to send us to Somalia?

No, it meant we were prepared to take care of the gun and service it as needed. Even as a civilian shooter, knowing how to maintain your shooter is a good idea.

Hopefully, this young lady will never HAVE to do this to protect herself or family. One hope for our country is that she never has to. If for whatever reason she does, she is ready.

BTW, I don't think this is an "advanced" techniques. It's just the basics with that firearm, just done in 53 seconds.

Is it that she is 11 that bothers you? I could strip a Browning Hi-power blindfolded when I was 11. Not because I needed to, or my father taught me to, but because I wanted to to. I learned the gun, and took it apart and put it together all the time. I can still do it now.... easy, if not quite as fast.

Is it because she is a girl?

When I was in Vietnam, there was a special school for the sons of KIA Montegnard officers. It was called the Highlands Junior Military Academy in Pleiku. I once saw the kids there put on a demonstration of blindfolded disassembly and re-assembly of Thompson's, M1911's, M1 Carbines, M16's, AK47's and other guns. I was quite impressed with these Junior High School aged kids doing this.

It showed proficiency with their tools.

If you are for a young person learning to shoot, I can't see why you would be against them having complete familiarity with the maintenance and care of that firearm.

Don't you think she is better off than a kid who doesn't know anything, and stumbles across a gun in Daddy's closet?

I know we want to protect the innocence of our children, but to me, mechanical ability and being a qualified shooter doesn't mean I am training someone to kill.

It means I am training someone to live.

Bill

Last edited:
LOL did you notice how QUIET all the big boys in the background were after she finished that chair drill.... This girls got a future. That friggin AR strip .... I think she needs a new hobby.... cause that ones about worn out LOL.

It is just "something" she is doing - it could be anything. It is not about the gun, it is about the enjoyment of accomplishment and the challenge she feels about it.

Kinda like saying it is not the gun that kills...take the gun out of the picture and put anything in her hands...is about what she is doing that she finds pleasing.

It is just "something" she is doing - it could be anything. It is not about the gun, it is about the enjoyment of accomplishment and the challenge she feels about it.

Kinda like saying it is not the gun that kills...take the gun out of the picture and put anything in her hands...is about what she is doing that she finds pleasing.

+1.

I don't see anything wrong with it if she's getting some enjoyment out of what
she does.

-Mike

I think as important as it is to be concerned about a 12 year old learning the killer skills... how about the time she is sharing with her parent, growing and learning to respect things as an adult.

Kids go to karate without anyone questioning how horrible it is to learn to break some other kids nose, and theyre 1000 times more likely to actually DO that than to take their combat drill and run amok.

I think its great as long as its taught correctly and understanding that this is a very deadly skill. I dont think they emphasize that in karate kids classes ??

i dont think young children should be trained in combat drills or in depth experience with them (depending on what video this little girl is in, ive seen 3 so far).
lets get down to brass tacks here, guns are made to kill people, not have your 12 year old daughter learn it inside and out and post the video on the internet so daddy can feel good about himself.

So all those merit badge programs the Scouts and 4-H run are secret programs to train homicidal children?

That riflery program I was in at Y camp taught me to kill?

All those junior shooter programs should be terminated immediately?

If, as you claim, guns are made to kill people, that is the conclusion to be drawn from your premise.

It appears that your military service is the high point of your existence, probably the only one in which you had any great achievements and clearly the sole standard for all your analyses.

That is an extremely limited and largely inapplicable standard.

It appears that your military service is the high point of your existence, probably the only one in which you had any great achievements and clearly the sole standard for all your analyses.

& welcome to the ignore list.
you are not worth any effort, your a another version of jose with a larger vocabulary.
cheers.

im about to say something that everyone here will disagree with, and im having a hard time putting this into words here...

whats this guy going to do next? send his daughter of to somalia to get some real combat experience? jesus.
when (or if) i ever have kids, they will learn how to shoot, but they will not be taught advanced things at young ages.

i dont expect anyone here to agree with any of the above.

You can never start them off too young...

iverjohnsonsaferevolverad.jpg

& welcome to the ignore list.
you are not worth any effort, your a another version of jose with a larger vocabulary.
cheers.

Scriv has the larger vocabulary, but Jose's is more colorful. [smile]

lets get down to brass tacks here, guns are made to kill people, not have your 12 year old daughter learn it inside and out

Dench, the 2nd Amendment is all about giving human beings the right to "kill" another for their own self preservation. Your comments are not only out of step with multitudes of gun owners they are also out of step with American ideals.

Whatever Mod combined my Thread with the original,... thank you. I hadn't seen it until I posted that video last night. I hope this new bit of posts gets some attention. Frankly, I'm surprised at some of the opinions I got. Well, actually surprised at ONE opinion I got.

I'll say again, I think what this girl did was terrific.

When I posted it, and went to bed, there were only 3 replies.... the most notable being DENCH. My long post was mostly to him.

I guess we have to agree to disagree, or you can put me on ignore.

I'll have to watch this at home later but I'm sure she puts me to shame. You can bet if I have kids they will be proficient and safe in firearms use! As for the statement that guns are only made to kill people... I think you may have been looking for the brady campaign website and stumbled in here by mistake??? [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom