10/22 mags

Does anyone know of any RELIABLE high capacity mags for the ruger 10/22?
My stock mags work well but my 25 rnd mag jams frequently. (I got it at a gun show and it has no manufacture marks,...could be a Hotlips)

I've got an Eagle 30 rounder that I bought about 25 years ago... works perfectly and I've NEVER had any problems with it. Other than the fact that it takes so much longer to load than to empty it. [devil]

Eagle makes EXCELLENT mags! I wish I could find more for my AR.

Eagle would be my recommendation for your 10/22.

I've got pre ban Butler Creek mags with red plastic ramps that hold 25 rds and are black plastic. They clip together side by side. I've also got a pre ban Eagle 30 rd mag thats smoke colored. Both feed 100% and function great.
I think some mags need to be broken in a bit. Try lead nosed ammo and not copper washed as those seem to hang up in some magazines.

You guys seem sure that your Eagle mags are pre-ban. Anyone way to tell one from another? I have an Eagle 30 rounder, that came with my pre-ban 10/22, and it looks old as dirt, but I can't find a DOM or anything on it. I'd be interested in buying another one if I could verify pre from post ban.

Thanks!

You guys seem sure that your Eagle mags are pre-ban. Anyone way to tell one from another? I have an Eagle 30 rounder, that came with my pre-ban 10/22, and it looks old as dirt, but I can't find a DOM or anything on it. I'd be interested in buying another one if I could verify pre from post ban.
I don't recall any datestamp on mine. I did look at a year or two ago to see what brand it was and checked at the time. I know that it's preban because I bought it the same year I bought the rifle - 1981.

Besides several 10rd mags I have an older Butler Creek 25rd.
It's a clear one with a red follower which functions flawlessly except
with the WIN lead HP's. It works fine with any standard .22's.

Butler Creek Steel Lips, and Hot Lips are probably the best for the
money.

FWIW, I've never seen a 10/22 mag with a date code on it. So, finding a
"bonafide preban" is about as sure as mud.

-Mike

I believe .22 long rifle is not included in the ban stuff.

This is untrue, unless the magazine is of tubular construction and integral
to the weapon.

This basically allows dealers to sell lever action or semiauto 22s that
hold more than 10 rounds in the feeding tube.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom