0 to 100mph LEO shootout

The only question that comes to mind for me is why does anyone chose to be a cop these days?
I went back and forth on a few things that I wanted to be when I grew up. Glad I didn't actually settle on cop. I'm far from a cop apologist, there are way too many bad apples and way too much of the thin blue line shit with them protecting their own, but there a also a lot of good, honest, decent people in that line of work and dealing with these garbage f***ing animals day in and day out must really get to you after a while.

Dup.

House wasn't cleared.
Cops took the DV victim's word that the abuser w/ gun wasn't home.
The question about what car perp was driving should have been asked and verified outside as well as someone had to remain outside on the lookout just for that in addition to your valid point.

How did that guy get a handgun in NYC ?????

Like all criminals and whackos, they get guns illegally. That's why gun control doesn't work.
He was a security guard.
From the article:
"Goppy surrendered his guns following an argument with his wife in July in which he talked about killing himself, said police.
But two psychiatrists later cleared Goppy to return to his security guard job, and he got his guns back. Sharon Goppy also felt his weapons should be returned to him, and wrote a letter to the NYPD saying at the time that she did not feel her life was in danger. "

The question about what car perp was driving should have been asked and verified outside as well as someone had to remain outside on the lookout just for that in addition to your valid point.
Hey, NYC. Uber, subway train, ...

But I evidently didn't read very carefully.
I didn't absorb the proximate cause for her moving out,
why he was (once again) a threat, ...

The cops were being very supportive.
But absent some tale about an imminent threat
("I'm coming home right now and fix your wagon"),
I can't fault NYPD for not staffing a DV victim night-valise move-out
like it was Boston PD's fugitive warrant squad serving a no-knock at 6AM.

(BPD saddling up is, quite justifiably, "a process not an event":
someone stationed at every doorway, and on every side of the house; maybe K-9; etc;
all planned out meticulously beforehand).

Last edited:
I went back and forth on a few things that I wanted to be when I grew up. Glad I didn't actually settle on cop. I'm far from a cop apologist, there are way too many bad apples and way too much of the thin blue line shit with them protecting their own, but there a also a lot of good, honest, decent people in that line of work and dealing with these garbage f***ing animals day in and day out must really get to you after a while.
Exactly. Lot easier and safer ways to make a quarter of a million a year. That is after all, only $700 a day.

If you talk to LEO's they all seem to hate Domestic Violence calls and they all seem to have stories where a simple disturbance went south fast. I remember being told about an incident where the LEO pulled the husband off the wife and then as they restrained the husband the wife cold cocked one of the LEO's for hurting her husband (the guy who moments ago was beating the heck out of her). My non LEO take on this is situational awareness is not an issue when dealing with completely whacked people and yes drugs/alcohol plays in these situations.

I know some of those people. One was a company owned by 3 brothers. 2 would be in an argument with 3rd (didn’t matter which 2 or 1). Someone is waiting to deal with them. Usually a customer or vendor.

“you want to weigh in here?” They’d be asked. They would say the single is just pure-D wrong. The other two would then gang up on the person to defend the brother.

and they would go completely down the wrong path agreeing with the WRONG opinion.

They aren’t in business anymore. Lol

Those cops look like they let their guard down a little bit. I'm not t a cop or tactician, but once the house was clear, one of those guys should have been on/at the door. I didn't notice in the first cops video, but in the second cops video that one cop was standing there with his back to the door and his arms crossed. You'd think at the least one or both would be standing sideways to see either end of the house.
Hindsight is almost always 20/20.

I bet those states that are proposing to have counselors and mental health professionals answer a lot of these calls didn't do research if any of those professionals would be willing to do it...I'm in the mental health field and no way in hell would I respond to a vague call with just a social worker.

...lots of folks mouthing off here that I am pretty sure never had any small (and larger) objects whizz in a hurry by their heads... just observing.

As somebody else mentioned above- very little could be done in situations like this to prevent the shoot out. If one cop stayed outside, or if there were more cops present than things would have happened differently. But it is what it is. The only problem with the cops behavior as I see it is that none of them was facing the door when the guy barged in. That should be part of their training, but I believe they had their guard down because they were discussing changing locks and so on.. so there was no assumption that the perp could be that dangerous.

Btw, that bleeding appeared arterial to me- probably an arm. I am sure they tied it off quickly after the shootout was over.

I am glad the officers survived the ordeal.

Last edited:
...lots of folks mouthing off here that I am pretty sure never had any small (and larger) objects whizz in a hurry by their heads... just observing.

Btw, that bleeding appeared arterial to me- probably an arm. I am sure they tied it off quickly after the shootout was over.

Aside from a handful who have said they don’t have experience, what precisely are you “just observing”?

Also, yes almost certainly arterial, being so brightly red. Don’t know where he was hit thouh

Aside from a handful who have said they don’t have experience, what precisely are you “just observing”?

Also, yes almost certainly arterial, being so brightly red. Don’t know where he was hit thouh

Pretty much any armchair quarterback fits my observation. And we have quite a few of those here. I have zero problems with them, but from the comfort of your own computer/ phone discussing kinetic situations is very easy. I might be wrong of course

I think he's saying that you hardly see any Desk Pops during first shift these days.

Back
Top Bottom