• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

0 to 100mph LEO shootout

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Two NYPD officers assisting a family violence victim inside her residence when the suspect suddenly returns with not one but two handguns. 8 seconds later, both officers lay wounded and the suspect dead. 0-100 in the blink of an eye.

Skip to 3:50 mark for the shooting from the 1st officers bodycam. 2nd officer starts at roughly 8:35

Thankfully both officers and the woman survived their injuries.

If they had sent in a "counselor" there would have been no survivors and an armed murderer on the loose.

Last edited:
Armchair quarterback statement, but wouldn’t they have their sidearms drawn typically if there was even a possibility of the guy being in the house with or without a gun? Is that determined by threat level based on why they were initially called in?

So next time there is a video showing cops being pretty militant over a potentially dangerous situation it might be because this type of shit can happen and all you idiots here that talk shit about it might not run your mouth.
Nope. Instances like this one do not give officers carte blanch to be oppressive and violent anytime they want. There are situations where they should be given the benefit of the doubt, but there are also plenty where there is no reason for their actions and they need to be called out.

Nope. Instances like this one do not give officers carte blanch to be oppressive and violent anytime they want. There are situations where they should be given the benefit of the doubt, but there are also plenty where there is no reason for their actions and they need to be called out.
I’m not saying that. But if they went in the house with guns drawn, stepping and dragging clearing rooms guys like you would be calling them Nazi’s so try again.

Those cops look like they let their guard down a little bit. I'm not t a cop or tactician, but once the house was clear, one of those guys should have been on/at the door. I didn't notice in the first cops video, but in the second cops video that one cop was standing there with his back to the door and his arms crossed. You'd think at the least one or both would be standing sideways to see either end of the house.

So next time there is a video showing cops being pretty militant over a potentially dangerous situation it might be because this type of shit can happen and all you idiots here that talk shit about it might not run your mouth.
Uncalled for.
Just because of someone else's actions doesn't give you the right to be an a-hole to everyone else. Very little could've prevented this situation, perhaps securing the entrance while the other cop was inside handling business.

I’m not saying that. But if they went in the house with guns drawn, stepping and dragging clearing rooms guys like you would be calling them Nazi’s so try again.
Guys like me? I’ve been called a boot licker on this forum several times. I guess being called the opposite means that I’m doing something right and am pretty neutral.

Uncalled for.
Just because of someone else's actions doesn't give you the right to be an a-hole to everyone else. Very little could've prevented this situation, perhaps securing the entrance while the other cop was inside handling business.
LOL like clockwork I knew you were going to disagree. I guess I will repeat myself for you, I’m not saying anything about being an a-hole to anyone but again had they went in with guns at the ready clearing rooms and came up empty you would be leading the charge shitting on them for being too militant. Im not talking about interacting with people so don’t spin, I’m talking about stuff that you have shit on over and over again when cops are taking precautions.

Without a warrant or clear and present danger, then yes. Otherwise, good situational awareness would've served better than staring at the walls like these guys did.

LOL like clockwork I knew you were going to disagree. I guess I will repeat myself for you, I’m not saying anything about being an a-hole to anyone but again had they went in with guns at the ready clearing rooms and came up empty you would be leading the charge shitting on them for being too militant. Im not talking about interacting with people so don’t spin, I’m talking about stuff that you have shit on over and over again when cops are taking precautions.
And frankly, I don't blanket "shit on cops". I apply criticism strictly on those that violate the rights of others. I guess that feedback is too much for you to handle.

Holy sh*t!

That was so fast.

Questions for the cops, I noticed the front door was open. Is there a reason why it was left open? Is it standard procedure? Or should they have locked the door?

And frankly, I don't blanket "shit on cops". I apply criticism strictly on those that violate the rights of others. I guess that feedback is too much for you to handle.
It’s nothing to me since I’m retired and don’t give a F’k what your opinions are really, if you want to engage me that’s fine but don’t expect me to accept that you know what your talking about because you really don’t. You think you got all the answers but again you have probably never dealt with a confrontation in your life lol

Holy sh*t!

That was so fast.

Questions for the cops, I noticed the front door was open. Is there a reason why it was left open? Is it standard procedure? Or should they have locked the door?
Locking the front door so if they are upstairs and need backup the responders need to kick the door down? The cops in question let their guards down which is easy to do, hopefully they recover from their injuries.

Locking the front door so if they are upstairs and need backup the responders need to kick the door down? The cops in question let their guards down which is easy to do, hopefully they recover from their injuries.
Good call. Didn't think about backup being able to get in.

Oh come on. Police brutality all over this mojo. They were looking to killl someone. I'm headed down for the vigil and chain-coffee-shop burning later this evening.

If you talk to LEO's they all seem to hate Domestic Violence calls and they all seem to have stories where a simple disturbance went south fast. I remember being told about an incident where the LEO pulled the husband off the wife and then as they restrained the husband the wife cold cocked one of the LEO's for hurting her husband (the guy who moments ago was beating the heck out of her). My non LEO take on this is situational awareness is not an issue when dealing with completely whacked people and yes drugs/alcohol plays in these situations.

Eat shit.

So did the woman give the cops any warning that this guy would be potentially armed and dangerous? It seems like she didn’t give them any warning besides the call out which turned out to be huge at the time but there was definitely a failure to communicate here prior to the shooting.

Hmmm... and don’t give a F’k what your opinions are really. Sound familiar.

Back
Top Bottom