• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CDNN Selling LEO Trade-In Pistols

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I get the daily emails from CDNN, I usually just take a quick look and then delete it, on a very rare occasion I may jump on a deal if it's too good to pass on.
This is not one of them.

I like the guns with the department markings, but I found this one especially interesting (and ironic) because you can't get one in California (or Mass) because it comes with a 15 round mag, and good luck if you get caught carrying one while inside a California State Park.

smi1000csp_th.jpg

As someone who was a big .40 fan 10 years ago, IDK what is left in .40 that I would actually buy. Beretta Px4 has that rotary barrel thing that is supposed to help reduce recoil, so I have thought of that, but the closest I came to getting a .40 was a used Kahr MK years ago as I figured the steel frame would soak up more recoil.

If I ever do get another .40, it's a 90% chance it's going to be in a single stack. This CDNN deal tho for some M&P's? You could price them at Hi Point levels and I still wouldn't care.

M&P's have never felt good to shoot. A few old codgers I have coffee with constantly try to convert me, being they work for S&W. But there's no appeal for me.

Once upon a time (2010’ish), you could buy HK P7s retired from Lower Saxony police service for $550 from CDNN, iirc. Those were the good times. Come think of it, the earliest production P7s will be C&R eligible in 5 years (2029). That’s something to be cheered for!

Last edited:
M&P's have never felt good to shoot. A few old codgers I have coffee with constantly try to convert me, being they work for S&W. But there's no appeal for me.
The stock trigger blows but if you swap it out I actually enjoy shooting mine.

The stock trigger blows but if you swap it out I actually enjoy shooting mine.
Yep. Even at half price, there's nothing in the S&W catalog I like or would want outside of a 15-22. Maybe a Performance Center 1911 or a model 41

Last edited:
Someone posted on here that they wouldn't want to buy a seized released to auction piece. There reasoning was it may have been used to kill or hurt someone.
Keeping in that mindset I wouldn't want one of these .......it could have been used to shoot a dog or beat a spouse!!!

Someone posted on here that they wouldn't want to buy a seized released to auction piece. There reasoning was it may have been used to kill or hurt someone.
Keeping in that mindset I wouldn't want one of these .......it could have been used to shoot a dog or beat a spouse!!!

It's just a gun.

It's what /you/ do with it that matters, not the intentions of the previous owner or even who made it.

It's just a gun.

It's what /you/ do with it that matters, not the intentions of the previous owner or even who made it.
I know. Someone on here ( if I could find and cross post I would.)
It was a post about a selling of seized firearms from crimes being sold off .
Someone commented that they wouldn't buy it because it would bother them know it was used to hurt or possibly kill someone.
So thought I'd play on that hence the comment of dogs getting shot spouses being beaten.
Ya know Leo stuff .

Back
Top Bottom