• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

‘Bad and Getting Worse’: Dianne Feinstein Is Losing Her Memory, Concerned Senate Sources Say

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Colleagues are worried Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who turns 89 in June, is no longer fit to serve, according to a new report from the San Francisco Chronicle.

The Chronicle spoke to four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, three former members of Feinstein’s staff, and one California Democrat in Congress about how the longtime senator has been losing her memory, that she often fails to recognize colleagues, and that she is no longer able to engage with the job in the way she used to.

The California Democrat recounted a recent exchange in which they had to reintroduce themselves to Feinstein several times over the course of a single conversation, and that Feinstein kept repeating questions, like asking what mattered most to voters in the lawmaker’s district. “I have worked with her for a long time and long enough to know what she was like just a few years ago: always in command, always in charge, on top of the details, basically couldn’t resist a conversation where she was driving some bill or some idea. All of that is gone,” they said. “She was an intellectual and political force not that long ago, and that’s why my encounter with her was so jarring. Because there was just no trace of that.”

“It’s bad and it’s getting worse,” added a Democratic senator, noting that Feinstein has had difficulty keeping up conversations.

One staffer for a California Democrat said there’s a joke on Capitol Hill that Democrats have “a great junior senator in Alex Padilla and an experienced staff in Feinstein’s office.”

Sen. Padilla was one of a handful of Democrats who defended Feinstein’s cognitive abilities to the Chronicle. So did Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Pelosi said it was “unconscionable that, just weeks after losing her beloved husband of more than four decades and after decades of outstanding leadership to our City and State, she is being subjected to these ridiculous attacks that are beneath the dignity in which she has led and the esteem in which she is held.”

The Chronicle notes its sources’ comments about Feinstein’s declining mental acuity took place before her husband’s death in late February. Feinstein said in a statement to the Chronicle on March 28 that the “last year has been extremely painful and distracting for me, flying back and forth to visit my dying husband who passed just a few weeks ago.”

Feinstein has her defenders, but even those questioning her fitness to serve acknowledged that it was hard to do so because of the immense respect they have for her and what she’s accomplished over the decades she served in Congress. The Intercept’s Ryan Grim spoke to a Democratic staffer who was a little more blunt in their appraisal of the situation. “Feinstein’s decline is an open secret on the Hill and anyone claiming otherwise is a liar,” the staffer said.

This isn’t the first time concern has been raised over Feinstein’s ability to carry out her job. The Chronicle points to 2020 when it was possible that she could head up the Senate Judiciary Committee should Biden win and Democrats control the Senate (Sen. Dick Durbin is the current chair). She told the Los Angeles Times at the time that she didn’t believe her cognitive abilities had declined, but that she “quite possibly” forgot things.

Read the rest:

'Bad and Getting Worse': Dianne Feinstein Is Losing Her Memory, Concerned Senate Sources Say

Unless the Chronicle is trying to position a narrative that supports a "strong, Progressive candidate" to primary her, and protect "her" seat...
Agreed. Any time the left wants to push out an old D, I can think of no other reason except that they actually found someone even more sleazy to replace them.

Unless the Chronicle is trying to position a narrative that supports a "strong, Progressive candidate" to primary her, and protect "her" seat...

I'm certain they are.

I'm not sure when she's up for reelection, but if it's this year? Then that's definitely what the Chronicle is a-doin'.

Her term runs through 2024. She has filed initial paperwork to run again, but hasn't committed.

I suspect this is a now open whisper campaign to get her to resign before the condition becomes too embarassing. Newsome appoints a new moonbat, who then is in a stronger position to hold the seat.

Even the commiefornian dem's see tough election trends in the next few cycles.

Her term runs through 2024. She has filed initial paperwork to run again, but hasn't committed.

I suspect this is a now open whisper campaign to get her to resign before the condition becomes too embarassing. Newsome appoints a new moonbat, who then is in a stronger position to hold the seat.

Even the commiefornian dem's see tough election trends in the next few cycles.

Newsom's moonbat will be like Ketanji Brown Jackson: he has already promised to appoint a black woman.

Which would leave CA with two appointed senators, both needing to run ASAP and then again once their term expires. Lordy.

I wasn't aware she was ever fit to serve .

These peoples priorities are completely f*cked .
Flying back and forth to see her dying husband ? JFC
Couldn't take a break from screwing up the US long enough to be by his side till the end ?
There isn't anything in heaven or hell that would keep me from my spouses side .

89? What the f*** is wrong with our country that we keep sending these 100% out of touch, corrupt, career political dinosaurs back to DC as our representatives?

Our system rewards seniority in Congress. The longer a person serves, the more pork they can return to their districts. Voters understand that.

It's a huge part of "the swamp." Both parties have made it happen over the past several decades; it serves both their interests.

Our system rewards seniority in Congress. The longer a person serves, the more pork they can return to their districts. Voters understand that.

It's a huge part of "the swamp." Both parties have made it happen over the past several decades; it serves both their interests.
It feels like it's all government. Trump, Biden, Hillary, Bernie, they're all older than dirt.

Didn't Strom Thurmond "serve" until he was 99 or 100 and needed assistance from aides?

Meanwhile Finland's PM is 36...
1649975279092.png

It feels like it's all government. Trump, Biden, Hillary, Bernie, they're all older than dirt.

Didn't Strom Thurmond serve until he was 99 or 100?

Meanwhile Finland's PM is 36...
View attachment 603677

I'd vote for her.

I'm sure there are many ways in which she can serve effectively...

In all seriousness, parliamentary systems lack the committee structure that makes seniority so important in Washington. It's harder to become rooted in those systems, for a number of reasons.

Technically it was Hitler, but that was just the name of the single rifle. Feinstein applied it to an entire class of common-use arms.

Lol actually schloque/pap gun rags were using the term in the 70s-80s, but antis quickly glommed onto it and made it their thing. Awhile ago someone actually posted the pictures of the gun rags (maybe old sof?) that had the term "assault weapon" printed on it.

s-l400 (1).jpg
s-l300 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom