Zero Hour has two website URLs?

Not unusual for a site to have many different URLs all pointing to the same server.

Yes, I am aware of that. I just found it strange that they have a proper domain URL and then they have the DIRECTCOMWIRELESS (nothing to do with guns). As a business I would probably want to stick with the correct domain name regardless of how is hosting my site.

I too use hosting service but the only way you can get to my sites is by using the correct URL.

The IP addresses for both of those appear to be in ranges owned by GoDaddy. Directcomwireless is based in Brockton (near Zero Hour).

I suspect this is just a case of two businesses owned by the same person (or somehow related) and the pages for Zero Hour were also parked in the Directcom web directory.

No big deal.

I too use hosting service but the only way you can get to my sites is by using the correct URL.

Or, that's the only one you know of.

The IP addresses for both of those appear to be in ranges owned by GoDaddy. Directcomwireless is based in Brockton (near Zero Hour).

I suspect this is just a case of two businesses owned by the same person (or somehow related) and the pages for Zero Hour were also parked in the Directcom web directory.

No big deal.

Not necessarily. Directcomwireless is the hosting company, but godaddy was used to register the name?

Domain name forwarding.

I own the domain www.vicpintophoto.com which forwards the requests to my Smugmug account. You can get to the website by either using the above link or the actual Smugmug link. In my case smugmug and comcast host portions of my site. GoDaddy is who I used to register my domain name - they do not host anything for me.

Or, that's the only one you know of.

Not necessarily. Directcomwireless is the hosting company, but godaddy was used to register the name?

Yeah, that's probably it. I looked at directcomwireless' address but not their services.

Incidently, there are also ways to host multiple domains on the same IP address. I forget how it's done exactly but it involves some sort of tag in the DNS record or some other DNS trickery. When they do this, they often have the same site in a subdirectory off the hosting company's main site.

Back
Top Bottom