Yugo 7.62x39

Two quick questions:
First: I heard that Yugo brassed ammo 7.62x39 isn't reloadable, true/false? and why wouldn't it be? It isn't magnetic and it seems fine to me but I'm new to reloading.

Second: I bought a few boxes of this and it seemed like a good deal but I don't know alot about it. Has anyone seen this ammo before and please help me figure out if its good stuff or not?

View attachment 4291

Thanks in advance guys!

-Mark

Odds are that it's Berdan primed, which makes reloading very difficult compared to a Boxer-primed cartridge. Do a search on the difference between the two primers and it will be more clear.

What if I managed to take out the primers, about how much is the going rate for brass (I don't think I want to reload, but I want to sell the brass to help pay for my ammo). Just standard Yugo or Russian miscellaneous brass, nothing fancy. Thanks

It is corrosive and it is not reloadable. It's very good shooting ammo, I have put 160rd's of the yugo stuff though my SKS with out a hiccup. All you need to do is clean your gun correctly for corrosive ammo and your good to go. It is berdan primed, your standard dies will not decap these primers. the primer themselves are hard to get.

Thanks for the info. I thought if I was able to take out the primer I could sell the brass to reloaders but you set me straight. I was trying to find the cheapest ammo to shoot (normally wolf) but I figured if I could get brass cased for more, and sell the brass I may be able to find some with a lower cost per round that way. Thanks

Mark

Back
Top Bottom