• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7.62x39 ammo, just for the hell of it...

I’m going to sit on this info for a few months until everyone else is REALLY broke from inflation. Hopefully the price drops a bit.

And by a bit I mean a lot. I’d be ‘happy’ around $300/case. I doubt it will get there, so I’ll stick to being ‘mildly satisfied’ that there’s at least a new option for $350/case.
I think everyone is waiting to see what PSA does.

That x39 in the classifieds seems a little sketch after a quick Google search. Doesn’t seem worth it unless ultra cheap IMO.
1671908455738.jpeg

FEDARM Brand: 7.62x39mm 124 Grain FMJ Steel Cased Ammunition

This ammunition was manufactured in the USA by FedArm. This 7.62×39 steel-cased ammunition has been made from excess military stock soviet headstamp steel casings with classic polished copper-washed plating. The casings were primed in Russia in 2019, and laser marked with various third-party brands (which failed to take their casings, thus we received them).

Primers have been replaced with new production berdan primers, while in our testing they tested as non-corrosive, we recommend that you still treat the ammo as corrosive as we did not control the primer insertion ourselves.

The rounds are loaded in the USA with surplus pulled projectiles with heavy bi-metal (magnetic) projectiles. The powder is 2020 US made powder.

Projectile: 124 Grain Bi-Metal FMJ
Bullet Diameter: .311″
Average Muzzle Velocity from 8″ Barrel: 2,280 FPS
Average Muzzle Velocity from 16″ Barrel: 2,410 FPS

NOTE:
Due to sanctions, this ammo was loaded with a fast 5.56 powder instead of typical 7.62×39 powder. Thus, it has abnormal under-pressure curve. Although, it functioned perfectly in all soviet block firearms. We tested it in ourselves: AKM, AKMS, RPD, RPK, SKS. See our guarantee given below. You may also find pull marks on the bullets from the pulling / recycling process but will not affect functionality.

This ammunition is available in:

• 500 rounds loose within a heavy-duty shipper box.
  • 1,000 rounds loose within a heavy-duty shipper box.
  • The mfg. usually puts few rounds over to account for any blemished rounds
Note: Since this ammo is not made by us (), we will offer a 100% guarantee to cover return costs to refund or exchange the returned quantity of ammo if you are unsatisfied with the original manufacturer (FedArm).

That x39 in the classifieds seems a little sketch after a quick Google search. Doesn’t seem worth it unless ultra cheap IMO.

Primers have been replaced with new production berdan primers, while in our testing they tested as non-corrosive, we recommend that you still treat the ammo as corrosive as we did not control the primer insertion ourselves.

The rounds are loaded in the USA with surplus pulled projectiles with heavy bi-metal (magnetic) projectiles. The powder is 2020 US made powder.

NOTE: Due to sanctions, this ammo was loaded with a fast 5.56 powder instead of typical 7.62×39 powder. Thus, it has abnormal under-pressure curve. Although, it functioned perfectly in all soviet block firearms. We tested it in ourselves: AKM, AKMS, RPD, RPK, SKS. See our guarantee given below. You may also find pull marks on the bullets from the pulling / recycling process but will not affect functionality.

Yeah... pass. Don't want to trash the seller's post, but WTH is this stuff? Looks like a 1980 made Combloc case, 5.56 powder charge/wrong pressure, maybe corrosive, old bullets that were pulled and reinserted? Weird. Seems like a COVID ammo panic mode made deal.

Yeah... pass. Don't want to trash the seller's post, but WTH is this stuff? Looks like a 1980 made Combloc case, 5.56 powder charge/wrong pressure, maybe corrosive, old bullets that were pulled and reinserted? Weird. Seems like a COVID ammo panic mode made deal.
Yeah it’s really strange.

View attachment 701881

This ammunition was manufactured in the USA by FedArm. This 7.62×39 steel-cased ammunition has been made from excess military stock soviet headstamp steel casings with classic polished copper-washed plating. The casings were primed in Russia in 2019, and laser marked with various third-party brands (which failed to take their casings, thus we received them).

NOTE:
Due to sanctions, this ammo was loaded with a fast 5.56 powder instead of typical 7.62×39 powder. Thus, it has abnormal under-pressure curve. Although, it functioned perfectly in all soviet block firearms. We tested it in ourselves: AKM, AKMS, RPD, RPK, SKS. See our guarantee given below. You may also find pull marks on the bullets from the pulling / recycling process but will not affect functionality.

Note: Since this ammo is not made by us (), we will offer a 100% guarantee to cover return costs to refund or exchange the returned quantity of ammo if you are unsatisfied with the original manufacturer (FedArm).

Sounds like some pallets of hot doodoo..... 🤣

Sold off my 700ish Igman x39 brass for $100. Well minus $14 medium flat rate shipping so $86. Paid $289 for the 720 round case a year ago. So after selling the brass it cost me like 28 cpr 😂
Could have probably got more for the brass but wanted a quick sale.
Not bad considering steel case x39 is 35-38 cpr
I got a 840 round case of PPU but that will take me some time to blow through.

View attachment 701881

NOTE:

Little late to this but if I remember right that headstamp was 711, I believe that's chinese, makes sense with the copper wash. Was tempted as well, but was very skeptical of it and passed. Glad I did now knowing the whole 5.56 powder swap.
The price keeps dropping on this over in Ohio. I’m getting tempted to buy some…might have to wait a few weeks to recover from buying Xmas prezzies.

$.50/rd of 7.62x39 tracer.

Looks corrosive, but IDGAF.

View attachment 704156
I have a 150rds of this. Haven't shot any of it but from what ive read/heard it's all lit up no problem.

View: https://youtu.be/FdVrD8BL5xE

3’-5’

…but I shoot my AK’s like a freedom fighter.

View attachment 706379

That’s an actual picture of me.
3-5 is about what I get also depending on the gun. Just wondering.. I think it's about average, and depends on the ammo.

Nah bruh you forgot the part where you take the stock off completely and ululate while shooting it from OVER your head

3-5 is about what I get also depending on the gun. Just wondering.. I think it's about average, and depends on the ammo.

Nah bruh you forgot the part where you take the stock off completely and ululate while shooting it from OVER your head
Just so you know I meant feet…not inches.

…but ‘yes’ to all of the above.

to answer your question seriously (and not like a smart Alec)…anything under 5” is gravy, but realistically I’m probably a little worse than that with most of mine. Bench shooting is tough with a banana clip.

to answer your question seriously (and not like a smart Alec)…anything under 5” is gravy, but realistically I’m probably a little worse than that with most of mine. Bench shooting is tough with a banana clip.
Thanks, I require serious answers to MY questions on this forum and have a low tolerance for Funny Making, Tom Foolery or Smart Alecing

@Picton do you notice a differecne in accuracy between the VZ and an AK(M)?

Yes. My groups are probably about 40% smaller on average than with any of my AKs. The Vz's tolerances are much tighter, but I think most of the difference lies in the short-stroke vs the long-stroke piston.

Yes. My groups are probably about 40% smaller on average than with any of my AKs. The Vz's tolerances are much tighter, but I think most of the difference lies in the short-stroke vs the long-stroke piston.
I've had similar results with my vz(csa) as well. Most accurate x39 i have, and much smoother doing it too.

About 'FedArm' recently posted on an another forum

"AS to the brand name I can't say, but I ordered a 1,000 round case and what I received was 1,000 loose mixed headstamp rounds loaded with M 43 Steel core FMJ bullets. Date ranges were from the 50's with the letter codes up to the mid 1980's.

I have not had a chance to shoot them yet. The bullets do have slight pull marks and are seated below the normal cannelure to hide the pull mark."

and

"Someone brought some to the range this week, the pull marks were horrible. Looked liked someone pulled them with dikes.

Fedarm is notorious for only replacing powder and using original primers. Treat this stuff as 100 percent corrosive. Hard pass if you ask me.

I have some "reman" 1940s German 8mm from Fedarm that was supposed to have new primers. It has the original German sealant on it still... Definitely was corrosive."

Azerbaijan "TelaAmmo" lol.... "Kalashnikov USA" and Atlantic are selling this stuff now. Good to see another source alongside Romania and Bulgaria who are big producers of the combloc calibers starting to sell to the US commercial market. I saw some info on the AKFiles that it was tested by an individual and it's non corrosive.

I think somebody there is gonna do an accuracy test and break it down, weigh powder, bullet, etc if anybody is interested enough to sift through the mental ilness-teir neo-Confederate and white supremacist drivel on that forum.

Last edited:
For those in free states or those shipping to a NH UPS Store. Coupon code gearup to save 20%. Shipping is $35. Just under 38 cpr shipped

Back
Top Bottom