YouTube to Remove Non-Political Gun Content

Oh, and the Android version of Brave is even more terrific. So many web sites are such utter crap that the native phone browser, or even Chrome or firefox, utterly can't load them at all. Install, Brave and nearly everything will load and load quickly. And no more pop-up messages that are often impossible to dismiss on a phone (because close button is off the edge etc.)

JDownloader took everything I wanted on TiborasaurusRex's channel (I skipped about 15 or 20 videos - music and news about stuff I didn't care about) It was about 100GB

What other channels should I look at for instruction and how to's?

Because if they ban political gun stuff, folks will have a leg to stand on when they start reporting videos in favor of gun control.

I use ProtonMail as well - it's GREAT!

"-No magazines or firearms with over a 30rd capacity can be shown"

Wonder how many movie trailer will be removed.... My guess is 0.

OK, so this sounds like the beginning of a strategy. Start flagging all anti-gun videos. Even if they get to repost them, make them spend more time doing that than their effort is worth (use their own tactics against them). I'll have to look up this ProtonMail. The hard thing is getting an Android phone to work without a Google account. Not sure how I can do that. Another thought - start flagging the trailers, as mentioned, with "guns, high capacity mags, and... perish the thought, Hollywood Stars - Violence!

Yes. It is Chrome, but modified to be more private and add some more features like ad blocking and tipping web sites with cryptocurrency and such.
It's a standard browser with build in Ad, tracker and script blocking and is 2X faster than Chrome

Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser

I wouldn't call it 2x faster than Chrome, but one of the cool things it does do is it is adept at blocking ads and stuff without triggering adblocker whining, etc... not sure how they do it, but it is pretty innovative.

-Mike

Youtube is censoring much more than gun related stuff:

I agree completely. Sometimes its not just censorship outright but it is demonetization of content, etc... a bunch of little "negs" to deter people from publishing shit. Even content that while not necessarily controversial is outside of the band of "clearly mainstream/vanilla".

JDownloader took everything I wanted on TiborasaurusRex's channel (I skipped about 15 or 20 videos - music and news about stuff I didn't care about) It was about 100GB

What other channels should I look at for instruction and how to's?

Does this just latch onto a channel and let you pick stuff to pull off the site.... I have gigabit internet at home and lots of disk space to waste.... lol...

-Mike

Yes, you select the channel videos page (not the main or you will get his liked/viewed as well) then it will display the list after scanning, you can deselect what you don’t want them hit download all - try a couple videos first then check the results, I had to go back and download a plugin - then no problem - his whole channel is now local

I think the heart of the matter or the argument if you will lies in how the big tech companies present the service they offer. They continue to maintain that they accommodate and promote freedom of speech and ideas. They say they support the 1st amendment. If that is the case, why are they censoring content they do not like? If companies like Google never claimed to offer a place accommodating all ideas, thoughts and lawful, legitimate information, then how can they kick out stuff they don't like? If they had created and maintained services that were specifically for certain types of content and ideas, then they do in fact have the right to remove content that does not agree with that goal. You cannot pretend to support the 1A and then do otherwise. If they changed and said we are now going to only support whatever group, then they could legitimately remove any other content.

Allow me to have a quiet moment remembering Netscape! Netscape - Wikipedia

Liberals dominate digital world but they have designed it with only other liberals on their minds. They would never imagine that some NRA old farts would know how to turn the computer on. Well, they were very wrong and now they have a problem.

Facebook is being eaten by liberals alive because Facebook has few billion users and no other service come close to it. So, Facebook is going to be their target and Google and Nomoretube are just softening the blow they know will hit them soon. Zuk is asking for some kind of the government control and once that is in place Facebook will become just another Netscape.

I recommend you all pull out of Facebook now before they start harvesting under government's supervision.

Facebook has a problem because they live from data mining. Google has other sources and they are moving in many other directions but Facebook's core business is what government wants to control.

The fact that all of these social media providers can download your contacts and mine your information should concern you more than few missing videos.

I have a faceplant, but my contacts are family and some of you reprobates that I happened across there.

I loathe fb yet find it (and google, which I also loathe) too incredibly useful not to use.

I would be thrilled to find an alternative. Yet not ONE of the video share sites mentioned in this thread are listed even on wikipedia. Go ahead and google "wikipedia video hosting list".

DTube and the rest will wither unless a freaking STORM of viral publicity makes them household names.

I created a MeWe account but I haven't really tried it out yet. Somehow I suspect it will never catch fire like fb did.

I WANT TO BE WRONG.

OK, so this sounds like the beginning of a strategy. Start flagging all anti-gun videos. Even if they get to repost them, make them spend more time doing that than their effort is worth (use their own tactics against them). I'll have to look up this ProtonMail. The hard thing is getting an Android phone to work without a Google account. Not sure how I can do that. Another thought - start flagging the trailers, as mentioned, with "guns, high capacity mags, and... perish the thought, Hollywood Stars - Violence!

Just go to ProtonMail.com and start using it. You will love it. And once comfortable with it start transferring all your email from Gmail to it until what you get in your gmail is just unsolicited spam which you can ignore.

Using Android without a Google account is a problem. You at least need it to use the app store. Downloading everything via apk would get annoying quickly. I would suggest keep the Google account to use Android but sync nothing with it and do as little as possible with it. You can turn off sync for all your apps. Be careful you aren't accidentally syncing photos too, and delete any that may have accidentally made it to Google Drive. You can even turn off sync for contacts and calendar. If you add a contact or calendar event with sync off, your phone will have the only copy of it. What I did is delete every Google contact and put them all in a separate app. I used one called b-folders. Although the drawback here is your contact info won't show up in your phone app when you need to dial someone or receive a call. And every calendar app out there wants to sync with Google calendar.

Just joined Patreon and am regularly donating to those that I follow. Even if I put in $30/mo across my donations, it's still way cheaper (and better content) than cable tv.

I have a faceplant, but my contacts are family and some of you reprobates that I happened across there.

I loathe fb yet find it (and google, which I also loathe) too incredibly useful not to use.

I would be thrilled to find an alternative. Yet not ONE of the video share sites mentioned in this thread are listed even on wikipedia. Go ahead and google "wikipedia video hosting list".

DTube and the rest will wither unless a freaking STORM of viral publicity makes them household names.

I created a MeWe account but I haven't really tried it out yet. Somehow I suspect it will never catch fire like fb did.

I WANT TO BE WRONG.

In the last few days, there seems to be a sudden increase in libertarian oriented groups popping up on MeWe. I think the word is starting to get out and volume should be increasing greatly So don't give up on it yet.

So, a thought/question ?

Has YT become, in effect, a monopoly and could (should be) regulated as such ? Would even the threat of such a bill being introduced be enough for them to reverse course - basically if it's legal it stays ? Are any of the more Conservative congress critters speaking out against these new YT policies ?

P

So, a thought/question ?

Has YT become, in effect, a monopoly and could (should be) regulated as such ? Would even the threat of such a bill being introduced be enough for them to reverse course - basically if it's legal it stays ? Are any of the more Conservative congress critters speaking out against these new YT policies ?

P

Google / Youtube / Facebook are clear monopolies. Sure, there are "alternatives" but nothing that even approaches the utility of these.

Facebook: German Justice Minister vows stricter regulations | News | DW | 26.03.2018

German Justice Minister Katarina Barley met with Facebook's European leadership on Monday, including public policy chief Richard Allan. The talks were the latest development in the fallout of revelations that data analysis firm Cambridge Analytica was able to cull information on millions of Facebook users without their knowledge.

Barley said that in the future, Facebook's guiding principle in Europe must be "privacy by design," and that promises of tighter controls were not suffcient – perhaps a reference to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's vague vow to increase privacy during a CNN interview last week.

To that end, Barley said that algorithms would be made more transparent, and that the social media giant would have to inform every user whose data was misused either by Cambridge Analytica, or in a similar fashion.

"Facebook admitted abuses and excesses in the past and gave assurances that measures since taken mean they can't happen again," she said. "But promises aren't enough. In future we will have to regulate companies like Facebook much more strictly."

I got the regular one, I think. Unless you put your age as 12.
I'm on it. Now wtf do I do.
Never Faceplanted. I had a MySpace. Didn't use it. Tom was my bff. [rofl]

There's a pic on the internet of Howard Cosell with O.J. Simpson and Bruce Jenner, back in the day. You can imagine the captions....

1ufdeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom