Your New Knife!

SOG had emailed me a promo and I just ordered one of these for no other reason than I really like the look of it and I had a 15% off customer appreciation coupon I hadn't used.

Today's mental task - justify spending $50 on yet another knife. :p

9HZo8WWh.png

🐯

The SOG Tellus FX arrived today and it is a much beefier knife than I imagined from the website photos. The polymer sheath and metal belt clip is pretty nifty. I am pleased at $50.96 shipped.

Here it is next to a Sig P365XL for size reference...

eesK9DO.jpg

KDMM2Nr.jpg

30FygNR.jpg

🐯

After:
427BE267-9BA9-483E-84AE-7A9A476FFDF3.jpeg

Not new, per se, but a new factory edge and freshly refinished back from SPA treatment… this was a gift from my mom 20-ish years ago and in my younger days I abused it. I now plan to pass this down to my son, and recently sent it back to Buck under their lifetime warranty. If anyone has an old Buck knife with sentimental value, I’d highly recommend their SPA service. Only $6.95.

Before:

49A35E1F-DF46-42DA-B655-42FDA5266B2F.jpeg

John from, @The Edge Lab hooked me up once again. The Elementum turned into my favorite edc, and then they came out with an Elementum button lock so I felt the need to get one, so I did! It's a little thicker and heavier than the original without the button lock, but for the most part it's the same size. E4B28A25-4B2C-4794-9060-5C8D84A187FA.jpeg

John from, @The Edge Lab hooked me up once again. The Elementum turned into my favorite edc, and then they came out with an Elementum button lock so I felt the need to get one, so I did! It's a little thicker and heavier than the original without the button lock, but for the most part it's the same size.View attachment 718325
Thanks again…I appreciate it. Let me know if you need anything or have any issues.

picked up a masalong kni232 the other day. a fairly inexpensive edc that i set up for scout carry. to keep the cost down they used a cheap chinese steel, 9cr14mov. this is suppose to be hard stainless steel. don't know how hard, it almost rings when i rap it with my knuckle. since it's only made for one thing, it may shatter if it hit bone. so we have g-10 scales, a 2.75" blade, 7" overall and a decent kydex sheath that gobbles the knife with a positive snap holds holds the knife secure. i set it up for scout carry. it was really easy to reposition the belt clip. the clip can be configured for different belt widths by removing and aligning a couple of spacers that come with it. i had to remove one altogether for my belt to fit securely. i was seriously considering the crkt minimalist line but too small for what i was looking for. i didn't want a neck knife. this mesalong is exactly the size i was looking for. not high end or fancy by any stretch but it'll work.

20230208_104439_resized.jpg 20230208_104424_resized.jpg 20230208_104410_resized.jpg

John from, @The Edge Lab hooked me up once again. The Elementum turned into my favorite edc, and then they came out with an Elementum button lock so I felt the need to get one, so I did! It's a little thicker and heavier than the original without the button lock, but for the most part it's the same size.View attachment 718325
Elementum 2 with the button lock is the $hit. I’ve acquired quite a few button locks…this one is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom