Your New Knife!

20230224_172345-jpg.725174

That is exquisite! Quality is something that holds no price tag and is often most appreciated by simply admiring its beauty.

And, of course, I’ve stripped two of the Allen screws holding the factory clip. Sigh.
Dude I almost did that last night. My eyes are weak and I thought they were Philips head. It’s torx I found out and they are really locked in. I’m waiting on a smaller set of bits now. Who the F Carries a knife tip down?

Here is my new spyderco PM2 in maxemet steel. Just came in the mail yesterday

04D94EAB-FF36-4D2E-8849-FE70A8C6E832.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude I almost did that last night my eyes are weak and I thought they were Philips head. It’s torx I found out and they are really locked in. I’m waiting on a smaller set of bits now. Who the F Carrie’s a knife tip down?

Here is my new spyderco PM2 in maxemet steel. Just came in the mail yesterday

View attachment 727391

I grabbed this in the factory 2nds sale a couple of years ago. I didn’t love the shape, or the clip, or the lock, but the price was right and I wanted to check out maxamet. It definitely won me over. It’s a really great knife with top shelf steel. I treat it like shit and the action’s still smooth and the blade looks like the day I got it.

I grabbed this in the factory 2nds sale a couple of years ago. I didn’t love the shape, or the clip, or the lock, but the price was right and I wanted to check out maxamet. It definitely won me over. It’s a really great knife with top shelf steel. I treat it like shit and the action’s still smooth and the blade looks like the day I got it.
Yeah this is my first spyderco and I’ve been a collector since I was a kid. Like you, the blade shape kind of put me off as I figured the tip would be weak.

I got to play with one a buddy has and I fell in love. I actually like the liner lock on the back side. Seems safer and my hand isn’t on it when I hold it.

I’m not a great sharpener though and this steel has a reputation for being a bitch to sharpen

I’m not a great sharpener though and this steel has a reputation for being a bitch to sharpen
You won’t need to for a while. That’s the whole point of this steel that it keeps its edge a long time.

One thing to give spyderco, my Para 3 was really sharp from the factory. Most knives I end up sharpening immediately on either my 1500 or 6000 grit stones. The Para 3 I just stropped a bit and it is wicked sharp. This thing really cuts.

Back
Top Bottom