Your New Knife!

Picked this up a few weeks ago at an ongoing estate sale for a deceased friend of Glocklike Tendencies. Brand new in box. Also picked up a brand new Leatherman Juice S2 (original style) that is no longer made. Lots of things to check out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
found this in the street downtown heading into my club for a cocktail monday. ok, ok, not much i know, but it still has the tweezers and tooth pick...more than the one on my key ring has. i rescued it and it still is one handy little tool. guessing from the condition of the knife, file and scissors, it was barely opened during life with the original owner. hey, my gain, i'll use it.

20230317_110355.jpg

found this in the street downtown heading into my club for a cocktail monday. ok, ok, not much i know, but it still has the tweezers and tooth pick...more than the one on my key ring has. i rescued it and it still is one handy little tool. guessing from the condition of the knife, file and scissors, it was barely opened during life with the original owner. hey, my gain, i'll use it.

View attachment 732741
image.jpg
Seems like I’ve had this Wenger forever!

Seems like I’ve had this Wenger forever!
i've had my eddie bauer suitcase forever also. got it at sears in burlington 25 years or more ago i'd guess, when they liquidated the line. got a $100+ suitcase, my first with wheels and a pull out handle, for 12 bucks. still going strong. i think american tourister made it in mexico. but shit, who cares for that price.

View attachment 732741
Good find !

Good find !
last time i had any luck was in the '80's. i jumped out of the vehicle i had parked in my friends driveway...in winter. under foot, frozen in 2-3 inches of ice was a twenty. got the tire iron and started a mining camp in the driveway. 15 minutes later, i clutched the soggy $20 bill in my fist while holding off my buddy who had the impression that the twenty was his.

I saw this knife on YouTube and was intrigued mainly by the sheath. The blue one is a trainer.

Now the axe….holy shit! I wasn’t expecting it to be huge hunk of steel it is. Way to heavy to carry even backpacking. This thing is for zombies and showing to your friends. 49C4EEE8-71ED-435E-BF58-90587B2DA2DD.jpeg E03DB5DB-CA43-44BC-B09F-E732AE11D78D.jpeg 64F6308C-387A-4404-B93A-18C40BCA6CD6.jpeg 6B3BDF69-7AE9-4261-8A8B-825502939F8A.jpeg

Finally got my antique Japanese swords & stands over to my Apt.View attachment 733855View attachment 733852

Nice! Those are the real deal. Ever cut anything with them? I took some kendo classes back in the day, I always thought they cut like butter but it really surprised me how much energy it takes to cut a hanging rope or straw mat. I have an antique tanto that was a gift from my WKF grandmaster, he bought it for me when we were in Okinawa for my 3rd dan test. Also have a modern repro 1095 kubose katana. So sharp its weight alone will cut canvas.

Nice! Those are the real deal. Ever cut anything with them? I took some kendo classes back in the day, I always thought they cut like butter but it really surprised me how much energy it takes to cut a hanging rope or straw mat. I have an antique tanto that was a gift from my WKF grandmaster, he bought it for me when we were in Okinawa for my 3rd dan test. Also have a modern repro 1095 kubose katana. So sharp its weight alone will cut canvas.
Thanks!! Never cut with these ones, these ones i just display; but i purchased a Katana from Japan that i do use only for cutting tatami mats. i got a tatami stand and plenty of mats on hand.
The sword was in rough shape anyway and the price was right so thats how i justify using a 300 year old blade for my un-trained cutting. I also have a couple modern repro blades, but once you feel actual Japanese steel, the difference is amazing!

Enbloc would know the answer :-( (miss him) Are spring-assisted knives legal for us ma**h***s to carry out in public (as opposed to the the confines of our homes)?
I'm interested in the Benchmade Mini Barrage.
thanks!

Enbloc would know the answer :-( (miss him) Are spring-assisted knives legal for us ma**h***s to carry out in public (as opposed to the the confines of our homes)?
thanks!
Yes, they are perfectly legal. So long as your not pushing a button to automatically open it, it's fine.

thanks!
Lots of folders have a feature that is commonly called the “Emerson wave” feature (google it) which is essentially a nub that you snag on your pocket when pulling the knife out. It pulls the blade open and is faster than an auto and easier than a spring assist.

thanks!

With how good current folders are these days, spring assisted knives are obsolete. Most decent folders can open as or nearly as fast as a spring assist but absolutely crush them as far as closing goes, which is where spring assist knives are garbage.

Back
Top Bottom