• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You all in MA so screwed: Does not look good for gun owners in MA.

You realize you're responding to a person in MASS?
I replied to the wrong post.

And I forgot the following:
  • Universal background checks.
  • Red flag/ERPOs.
  • Waiting periods.
  • Purchase limits, such as one firearm per month.
  • Storage requirements.
  • In keeping with the MA-style licensing regime, restrictions on ammo sales.

Kids used to carry guns to school in MA too. NH is being slow boiled like MA was.
I grew up in a small western town and during the 6 days of deer hunting we could bring our guns and hunting clothes to school. We always had opening day off! We had a teacher that was an avid hunter and we kept all articles in his room. We just had to check them in. Try doing that today?

I replied to the wrong post.

And I forgot the following:
  • Universal background checks.
  • Red flag/ERPOs.
  • Waiting periods.
  • Purchase limits, such as one firearm per month.
  • Storage requirements.
  • In keeping with the MA-style licensing regime, restrictions on ammo sales.

Sometimes I wonder if you want these things to happen deep down.

Ya, I do not believe NH is the solution. The options are shrinking and I think New England over the long term is a lost cause if you are a true conservative and also feel strongly about your gun rights. Fight the fight for as long as you can. We owe it to each other and ourselves. But, once working is not a priority, set your sights on a tax friendly state for retirees in a midwestern State that is still normal. One of my kids already made the move to Utah. Kid number two will probably end up somewhere out there as well. My parents are here, which is a big challenge for me, but we have our sights set on Idaho, Wyoming or Montana. We have been going out there the past few years, camping, driving and exploring. @drgrant is right though, good earning power in this state forces many of us to hang in there. Work hard and save hard so you can retire at a normal age and find peace somewhere for the next thirty years of your life. I really believe that there will be major population shifts over during the next decade or two as the political environment gets more heated. No way is it going to get better. Conservatives with the will and means will get out these batshit crazy States and move into communities with similar values. I hope to be one of them.
The problem is that people keep running from a bad state and trying to hide in another state. So, your generation might be able to keep yours guns out in the west, but eventually it will spread there as well. Who'd have thought Montana would have any anti-gunners in office? Or Texas?

You realize you're responding to a person in MASS?
I'm sure that he did. He was letting people in NH know that they are not safe there, either, and can soon experience what people in MA are going through now.

The Left has organized themselves into a effective force....the Right would prefer to fight among themselves, born arguers. Organizations like Move On now have memberships that exceed that of the NRA and other groups. The Right doesn't want the NRA to ask them for any more money. The Left raised and spent more money on the mid-terms than the Right. The Left controls almost 80% of the media. The Left controls the majority of the schools and Colleges. They have brainwashed the kids now for going on 30 years. The majority of the Millennials voted Democrat.

The shocking thing to me is why some at shocked at the state of America today.

This. Everyone seems to think NH is the end all be all solution. NH is far from being safe from the moonbats and would not be at the top of my list for places for moving. Somewhere south or out west is where I'd like to go.

Even that isn't a panacea for any south or western state with a growing population. That cancer festers everywhere and is likely unavoidable in any state with an
urban population of any size. Plus also a lot of the southern states are rife with local corruption, crime in some areas, and shitty LE.

Frankly nobody is safe from moonbats, so its best to choose where to live based off factors other than purely political BS, too.

-Mike

I'm a New England Yankee. I love Massachusetts. The only thing that sucks is the Politics...

The Left has organized themselves into a effective force....the Right would prefer to fight among themselves, born arguers.

That's because "the right" is still larded up with a lot of RINOS, neocons, and BT'ing social conservatives that all need to be flushed down the toilet... nobody under 50 or so wants to vote for any of those frauds anymore unless they have to. (and some of my older conservative friends too, are sick of many of them. ) There's clearly a generational split/ paradigm shift amongst non-moonbats, and nobody really wants to talk about it. Trump is actually evidence of this political shift nationally, otherwise he would have never been nominated. Trump being nominated is partially a product of conservative angst. The old GOP hacks are still clinging to garbage while the younger contingent is trying to convert the otherwise dying GOP into something meaningful as an inclusive refuge for non-moonbats.

We almost got this with the tea party movement a little bit, but standard jingogarbageservatives came along and pissed in that well. A lot of people could get behind "fiscal conservatism and f*** everything
else" and it almost happened. Ironically that ended up being a sidecar message on Trump's platform... (eg, focus on jobs and economy, and reduction of taxation etc).

Organizations like Move On now have memberships that exceed that of the NRA and other groups. The Right doesn't want the NRA to ask them for any more money.

NRA never had problem with money, the real problem with gun activism is not the now nearly worthless NRA, its about not getting a lot of grassroot support. A lot of people "sit on their ass" and don't vote or
apply pressure on gun issues at a local ground level, because there's no guidance coming from anywhere. The NRA is not good at organizing this stuff outside of a few places. We need a new brand of activism that goes beyond tired fearmongering BS that the NRA pulls out every election cycle. People who are intelligent see that bullshit and call it out for what it is, and then it gets ignored. While moonbats were sulking around trying to do sneaky shit like close gun ranges etc, and villify gun culture, the NRA ran 9000 bulletins about the UN gun ban that nobody cared about that the US never ratified. The NRA is running around with a fire extinguisher discharging it on things that aren't burning trying to gin up drama and attention in the wrong place, etc. It's also clear that they never want to fix anything either, lest the checks stop coming in...

The Left raised and spent more money on the mid-terms than the Right. The Left controls almost 80% of the media. The Left controls the majority of the schools and Colleges. They have brainwashed the kids now for going on 30 years. The majority of the Millennials voted Democrat.

If a lot of the GOP candidates weren't absolute dog shit, that wouldn't likely be the case, at least with the "kids". Young non-moonbats literally have nobody to vote for in most cases. So you know what they do? They get pissed off and don't vote. I ran into the same problem growing up, I literally didn't start voting until I owned guns in my 20s, because looking outward I just saw two groups of a**h***s that largely didnt respect any of my interests as a citizen.

-Mike

I just started browsing for houses in NH an hour ago. Nice property taxes you people have up there. J.F.C.!

why?

Over the last 2 yrs I've bought 4 NEW firearms Maura says can't be sold in Ma. and a Tavor X95. Same shit, different day. When you live behind enemy lines you learn to adapt and plan for D-Day.

NH has 2 far left female Senators who are almost as bad as Liawatha. You're one voting cycle away from being North Massachusetts.

Really? you mean one voting cycle away from....having an impotent progressive RINO governor, dems controlling both sides of the state house, and all dems in national office?

No, you're ZERO voting cycles away from that. NH has fallen.

It is Massachusetts north, now just a legislative session away. Taxes and restrictions inbound.

I say this after investing my (literal) life savings into a house up there. It's on acreage, gravity septic, water on the property, manageable taxes, over-insulated/built, generator, stunning views, etc. Now it's as behind enemy lines as Cambridge. Literally depressed.

That's because "the right" is still larded up with a lot of RINOS, neocons, and BT'ing social conservatives that all need to be flushed down the toilet... nobody under 50 or so wants to vote for any of those frauds anymore unless they have to. (and some of my older conservative friends too, are sick of many of them. ) There's clearly a generational split/ paradigm shift amongst non-moonbats, and nobody really wants to talk about it. Trump is actually evidence of this political shift nationally, otherwise he would have never been nominated. Trump being nominated is partially a product of conservative angst. The old GOP hacks are still clinging to garbage while the younger contingent is trying to convert the otherwise dying GOP into something meaningful as an inclusive refuge for non-moonbats.

We almost got this with the tea party movement a little bit, but standard jingogarbageservatives came along and pissed in that well. A lot of people could get behind "fiscal conservatism and f*** everything
else" and it almost happened. Ironically that ended up being a sidecar message on Trump's platform... (eg, focus on jobs and economy, and reduction of taxation etc).

NRA never had problem with money, the real problem with gun activism is not the now nearly worthless NRA, its about not getting a lot of grassroot support. A lot of people "sit on their ass" and don't vote or
apply pressure on gun issues at a local ground level, because there's no guidance coming from anywhere. The NRA is not good at organizing this stuff outside of a few places. We need a new brand of activism that goes beyond tired fearmongering BS that the NRA pulls out every election cycle. People who are intelligent see that bullshit and call it out for what it is, and then it gets ignored. While moonbats were sulking around trying to do sneaky shit like close gun ranges etc, and villify gun culture, the NRA ran 9000 bulletins about the UN gun ban that nobody cared about that the US never ratified. The NRA is running around with a fire extinguisher discharging it on things that aren't burning trying to gin up drama and attention in the wrong place, etc. It's also clear that they never want to fix anything either, lest the checks stop coming in...

If a lot of the GOP candidates weren't absolute dog shit, that wouldn't likely be the case, at least with the "kids". Young non-moonbats literally have nobody to vote for in most cases. So you know what they do? They get pissed off and don't vote. I ran into the same problem growing up, I literally didn't start voting until I owned guns in my 20s, because looking outward I just saw two groups of a**h***s that largely didnt respect any of my interests as a citizen.

-Mike
While Rome burns.....

this is awesome

Let’s not oversell things, we’ve made great progress in the last few years. Constitutional carry, Trump instead over Hilary, and we now have a conservative majority on the SC. It’s becoming a civil war without the shooting, but I wouldn’t say we’re losing. The backlash against Progressives has made them more desperate and dangerous.

Last edited:
While Rome burns.....

Yeah well, too bad. It has to happen at some level, otherwise we ultimately have no chance at all. The GOP infighting frankly should have happened eons ago, when GWB senior was elected, that shit should have been cut off at the pass at that point and the toilet flushed. And now because non moonbats didn't have the balls to stand up to "their own" and just kept pushing the "Republican Robot" button, we're dealing with the obvious fallout and garbage of that... that GOP "strategy" directly yielded us 8 years of Obama...

-Mike

Well Maine didn't do so well either by electing Janet Mills to replace outgoing Paul LePage. I get to deal with 2 anti gun states now. Fear is she may end constitutional carry.
Geez, and I had been considering keeping my job here and moving north, probably still better up there for now but this doesn’t inspire hope.

View: https://youtu.be/E3R5AmxsCMg

why?

Really? you mean one voting cycle away from....having an impotent progressive RINO governor, dems controlling both sides of the state house, and all dems in national office?

No, you're ZERO voting cycles away from that. NH has fallen.

It is Massachusetts north, now just a legislative session away. Taxes and restrictions inbound.

I say this after investing my (literal) life savings into a house up there. It's on acreage, gravity septic, water on the property, manageable taxes, over-insulated/built, generator, stunning views, etc. Now it's as behind enemy lines as Cambridge. Literally depressed.

This post is the NES version of a pussy hat gathering screaming with their vagina.

Not sure what changed specifically in mass to make it worse. Still run by Dems at the state house......still have Maura. What got worse? It's actually situation as usual.

NH has to worry about getting worse.

The problem is that people keep running from a bad state and trying to hide in another state. So, your generation might be able to keep yours guns out in the west, but eventually it will spread there as well. Who'd have thought Montana would have any anti-gunners in office? Or Texas?

I'm sure that he did. He was letting people in NH know that they are not safe there, either, and can soon experience what people in MA are going through now.

Can I get an A? Can I get a Freakin? Can I get a Men?

Put it all together!!!!

A'FREAKIN'MEN!

Basically, those willing to run are effectively handing the problem to their children and grandchildren for their own selfish intentions. :(. But don't worry. Mike thinks that's bunk. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom