Yet another online ordering question

Ok, here it is. Let's suppose there was a company, though there isn't, that would ship to your doorstep via a company like ups, though there isn't, would the said company or the individual get in any trouble? Would any body be responsible? That's if there was those factors in place, which there isn't. Some honest answers would really help me right now seeing as I just like to have useful knowledge for later use if anything changed. [wink]

The AG would (and has) gone after the vendor that shipped the components. The recipient is OK as long as s/he has at least an FID.

Or, if said person (who isn't) lived in a free state (which is), and ordered said merchandise (which isn't) from a company that doesn't really exist, and had it shipped (which really wouldn't happen) via a public shipping company (which would never happen), all would be fine, even without a FID. Which, for this person, in said free state, who wonders what a FID is, is fictionally confused.

15024.jpg

By the way, FID's are on sale:
http://us.binnacle.com/p474/SPLICING-FID-3/8&#34/product_info.html

The AG would (and has) gone after the vendor that shipped the components.
We know the AG has gone after ammo vendors, and that components are considered ammo under MGL.

Has the AG gone after any vendors that sell only components and not complete ammo or would doing so be a first?

free state friends are a must, just think free state friend close to skiing, and great ice fishing, hey I got the snow mobiles running come up and lets have some fun,,,oh yeah get this box of shheeet out of my garage!

free state friends are a must, just think free state friend close to skiing, and great ice fishing, hey I got the snow mobiles running come up and lets have some fun,,,oh yeah get this box of shheeet out of my garage!

I'm sure this is [horse] but is this legal (straw purchase)? I need 2 powders that I can't find locally and I have a friend in NH that I've been meaning to catch up with.

I believe "straw purchase" would only apply to an actual firearm. If you can find a company that will ship components/accessories to you, and you're legally entitled to own those items where you live, order away....and only share the company info with people that you trust. [wink]

as far as I know, there are only some quantity transport laws to be aware of. Also per tip from my firechief after getting my silly CMR501 storage permit thing?

When transporting black or smokelss powder its a good idea to store it in a heavy lockable wood box.
goal has info on the storage rules, ATF has transport rules. DOT has regs also.

We know the AG has gone after ammo vendors, and that components are considered ammo under MGL.

Has the AG gone after any vendors that sell only components and not complete ammo or would doing so be a first?

At least 2 AGs in MA have gone after vendors who sold pellet/BB guns, sling shots, knives, etc. into MA.

From a phone conversation that I had with an ammo component vendor and subsequent action on their part, I suspect that they got whacked too. If you want specific info on that, you know how to reach me off-forum.

Straw buys are for guns.

That's the way it's used, but it's not just guns. It's a straw purchase to buy anything for someone else who wouldn't be allowed to possess the thing, or who wouldn't qualify to buy it on his own.

e.g. buying alcohol for a minor, or ammo/components for an unlicensed person (in MA), putting your name on a car loan for someone with bad credit (yes, really, there are laws against it in Texas)

Lots of people buy each other guns as gifts, perfectly legally. The difference is that the recipient is legally allowed to possess the gun. Which is to say, it's legal to buy a gun (or ammo or components or alcohol) for someone who can legally own it but doesn't happen to be at the gun shop or gun show at the time. As long as you fill out any appropriate paperwork and the transfer is legal, it's not a straw purchase.

Back
Top Bottom