• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Reason to Hate the War in Ukraine...

Mountain

NES Member
And yet another reason to hate the war in Ukraine. It truly is a significant cause of poor availability for reloading components:

Message regarding Lapua case availability

Due to the continued high product demand and the prevailing market conditions impacted especially by the Ukraine situation, the availability of some of our products is unfortunately limited and delivery times have become extended. To better serve our civilian and military obligations, some of our components will be temporarily suspended from production. This is due to prioritizing production lines. So what does this mean for you as a consumer? It means that some Lapua products will probably be out of stock in many places in the world for some time to come. This doesn’t mean that we are cancelling any products. It is our intention to resume production of these products as soon as market conditions stabilize. We’re also taking necessary steps at our production sites to improve production capabilities with e.g. new production lines installed during 2023 and 2024. We work as hard as we can every day on all of our sites to produce high-quality ammo and components for you and aim to serve you at normal levels as soon as possible.

Temporarily suspended cases:

image.png

Some of the suspended cases are a real bummer for competitors, as Lapua is often the brass of choice for 6mm CM, 6.5x47, and the 308 Palma brass. The 7.62x53R (same as 54R) brass is excellent for anyone who might shoot that caliber in a match.

Probably this situation is the reason I have not seen any Creedmoor .30-06 ammo available from the CMP. It is made from Lapua components. I buy it, shoot it, then reload the brass forever.

Unlike Hornady (Steve Hornady, you suck!), at least Lapua is investing in new production lines.

That's really old news and not 100% accurate.
The Scandinavian manufactures are hammered by the "War" in Ukraine, among other things.

Norwegian company says TikTok data centre is limiting energy for manufacturing Ukraine ammunition

Who still shoots some of the calibers listed and is willing to pay for the quality Lapua provides?
I was talking with a Lapua rep down in PA a couple of years ago, asking about 45-70 and 45 basic brass.
He kinda chuckled, and asked how many times we reloaded our brass.
My honest answer was - years.
His honest answer was why would we market to you?

Lapua brass is available.
It's expensive and always has been.

308 Winchester - Rifle Brass - Metallic Reloading - Graf & Sons

Back
Top Bottom