• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yard sale find

cetme24

NES Member
Not firearm related but definitely military surplus. Found a late WW2 Righter drone plane engine. These were commonly used for target practice rather than surveillance.you never know what you will find when people start cleaning out. I just ordered a fake prop off amazon and will hang the whole thing off the wall. I also found a 1945 navy rocket engine case
. image.jpg

Cool find. Growing up in a military and commercial aviation based house, I really enjoy seeing such stuff.

Recognize the model holding the prop?[smile]

a4047664-57-220px-MarilynMonroe_-_YankArmyWeekly.jpg

It's seized but I can see grease or cosmoline in the exhaust port so it appears to be more gunked up than rust seized.i also only tried spinning it by hand. I haven't put any force. I'm going to use it as a wall hanger so I haven't really dug into it. I'm sure I could remake the ignition system with some motorcycle coils but doubt I will. It's interesting because it appears both cylinders fire at the same time rather than opposing.

Back
Top Bottom