• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP received some surplus ammo set to be on sale soon,

Not surplus but the CMP has Match 9mm and 30-06 up for sale. Expensive though. Especially the 30-06
If you like factory match ammo and did not stock up on the creedmore Match with lapua components when it was $1.20 rd , tisk tisk
The stuff on cmp is plain jane Federal 150gn FMJ at $1.56/rd no thanks I will reload 168 match at that point.

CMP M1 "Special". Criterion bbl, Ulitmak optic mount, Leup 4-12x shooting benchrest. "As issued " condition no accurizing mods.

Hornady 150 fmjbt, 48.4g of 4064, LC match brass

I recorded 2.42 MOA @ 100 yds. 2762 fps avg , SD = 16. Pretty respectable imo.

Never tried heavier match bullets but at some point just for knowledge i'll test 168's

Last edited:
I looked and couldn’t find it anywhere on the e-store. Did they send out an email? Is the for a 192 round can?
I think that guy is mistaken. No word yet from the CMP, and their forum is horrendous at the moment due to server migration/update.

I can’t imagine CMP selling can for much more or much less than what is being sold person to person. I’d expect 200-250 a can shipped from the CMP. Then again, people pay a premium for anything with a CMP sticker on it, so maybe they jack up the price.

Last edited:
I think that guy is mistaken. No word yet from the CMP, and their forum is horrendous at the moment due to server migration/update.

I can’t imagine CMP selling can for much more or much less than what is being sold person to person. I’d expect 200-250 a can shipped from the CMP. Then again, people pay a premium for anything with a CMP sticker on it, so maybe they jack up the price.
Think of it like this, the last of the CMP# floor sweeping loose packed random in the rusty ammo can if I remember correctly $.89 cents rd shipped. At the time you could get the new PPUM to ball for like $.67c/rd

It is not Greek HXP they’ve recently gotten, but instead US LC.
Well, shit…even better! LC is damn good brass.

Why’s everyone walking around like they have poop in their pants. A year or two ago you would have probably sucked a man’s dick to get a can of Lake City 30-06 at ANY price.

Why’s everyone walking around like they have poop in their pants. A year or two ago you would have probably sucked a man’s dick to get a can of Lake City 30-06 at ANY price.

The brass may be good, but the skuttlebutt on the CMP forum (before the forum vanished) is that the crates that could be seen in the photos were from ‘69, which apparently isn’t known to be as accurate/consistent as other lots.

The brass may be good, but the skuttlebutt on the CMP forum (before the forum vanished) is that the crates that could be seen in the photos were from ‘69, which apparently isn’t known to be as accurate/consistent as other lots.
I guess they probably didn’t care much about accuracy that year. Most of their targets were too retarded to move. 1680833015962.jpeg

In all seriousness, it’s military surplus. The tolerances for what was deemed acceptable ANY year are probably more than a professional shooter would want in a match setting, but how many of us are really THAT good a shot and are using surplus in a match? Not too damn many of us.

I easily get 10 reloads shot from my Garand out of commercial brass. Military brass can probably go 15+ reloads without too much effort on the reloaders part.

Regardless, it’s SOMETHING of an offer to the public, which is better than nothing.

YMMV.

Nah , when old surplus approached $1 round instead of spending $1k on 1000 rounds I spent it on primers, bullets, bullets
That $1000 bought me enough primers,bullets/powder to load 5000 rounds.

I'm ordering 2 x 240rnds of the 30 carbine ammo. 50cpr for USGI (Lake City?) is a good deal.

I'm ordering 2 x 240rnds of the 30 carbine ammo. 50cpr for USGI (Lake City?) is a good deal.
Right 30 carb wad $.50 around or more for a long time. I might have to scratch up some scrap metal get me a couple cans of that stuff.

Last edited:
Actually 1 can limit for 3006, and @$392 + shipping all set
There’s another vendor who ships to MA who’s got the S&B Garand ammo for $1.17 per round shipped (if you spend $250 free shipping)
But I find S&B brass to have tight primer pockets, so might be iffy for reloading. Where as the federal stuff from CMP would be good to go.

There’s another vendor who ships to MA who’s got the S&B Garand ammo for $1.17 per round shipped (if you spend $250 free shipping)
But I find S&B brass to have tight primer pockets, so might be iffy for reloading. Where as the federal stuff from CMP would be good to go.
Oops. I didn’t see the surplus when I responded. $1.05 per round shipped isn’t terrible in today’s world, unfortunately. Good luck finding it elsewhere for that price.
So it’s $1.03 per around shipped could be worse. At least it’s not for sweeping. It’s like the last remnants they had.

Very tempting. I haven’t looked and the CMP forum is not great at the moment, are they consistent years for the headstamp or truly random loose rounds in a can?

Back
Top Bottom