CMP received some surplus ammo set to be on sale soon,

mac1911

NES Member
in3EN7Fn7f1NSjoQ9bNTf7g63QAxiIFtpJds6SgfR7LObG30HgAk6kl3ee2Hw3y28eQL81YbtUnQUGflUqM0wUrSa4cTREfebyG4ywvK1xK1SIs18HYuiW_1z_-y0Av0IEjGd-mjPmiOi1GShgQ4OEKT=s0-d-e1-ft

CMP Sales Update​

CMP ACQUIRES SURPLUS AMMUNITION, WITH PLANS OF SALES IN COMING MONTHS​

The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is pleased to announce the recent acquisition of .30 carbine, .22 pistol, M2 ball, and .22 Long Rifle surplus ammunition supply that will soon become available to CMP customers. Currently, the items are in the cataloging and assessment stage by staff members.

“The CMP plans to make the ammunition available to our loyal constituents sometime this spring, after the surplus ammo goes through all CMP in-processing procedures,” said Mark Johnson, CMP’s Chief Operating Officer and Director of Civilian Marksmanship. “Purchase limits and restrictions will be set to ensure that the mission of CMP is well served.”​

Ammo1_w image

The CMP intends on maintaining a surplus ammo inventory large enough to support CMP Matches for the next several years and to provide discounted surplus ammo to competitors attending CMP events. All sales will include set limits to remain in compliance with guidelines specified in the Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of the Army and the CMP.​
Ammo6_w image

CMP recently received significant quantities of surplus ammunition.​

Further surplus sales details will be forthcoming in the near future.​

Awesome. Need some 30 carbine and Garand food so will definitely follow this. Though I bet they put limits on it like they do with rifles now.
Damn. Just checked ammoseek and it’s slim pickings for 30 carbine. 75+ cpr from vendors who don’t ship to MA.

SGAmmo has 200 round cases of Garand PPU ammo. Free shipping to those in free states. $1.20 per round shipped. Oof

Will be interesting to see how much CMP will be. It obviously won’t be brand new ammo like PPU so I’d hope it’s less than a buck a round

I just shot my M1 carbine a couple weekends ago. Forgot how fun it is to shoot. Not much recoil and decent accuracy with my reloads.
Got about 800 rounds loaded
What was it like to trim those 800 rounds? That's the tough part for me since I can't use my powered unit (no shoulder)

I just did 1400 by hand

What was it like to trim those 800 rounds? That's the tough part for me since I can't use my powered unit (no shoulder)

I just did 1400 by hand
Yeah it kinda sucks lol. I use the Lee lock stud and cutting tool or whatever it’s called and chuck it into my handheld drill. Then use the wooden handle with the cutter and insert it into the case.
Follow up with the Lyman case prep tool for chamfer and deburring.

I’m trying to remember if they need trimming every time. I seem to think they can go at least every other loading
4F5F4699-09F9-49E7-9B11-C9B441762306.jpegBE044A0C-816D-4A61-A959-6AC5C549FD9F.jpeg

Damn. Just checked ammoseek and it’s slim pickings for 30 carbine. 75+ cpr from vendors who don’t ship to MA.

SGAmmo has 200 round cases of Garand PPU ammo. Free shipping to those in free states. $1.20 per round shipped. Oof

Will be interesting to see how much CMP will be. It obviously won’t be brand new ammo like PPU so I’d hope it’s less than a buck a round
I’m selling M1 Garand ammo in the classifieds. Just sayin…

Very unlikely it was pushing $1 rd when they where selling the 200 round loose mixed ammo
Last time I bought any surplus ammo from cmp other than some 22lr < military contract Remington
Was just before PPU started importing the M2 ball new ammo.
The new PPU stuff was .54 vs .87 for mixed floor sweepings.

Will be interesting to see the price as they haven’t had HXP in a while
if those pictures are what they got looks like LC. Seeing they put the “selling under the terms of the US Army” most likely a US stock pile
So hopefully the price will be ok.
Seeing that CMP only pays for shipping and handling .
I will be shocked if its less than $1 shipped.
Most likely under 2000 rounds a year limit.

Very unlikely it was pushing $1 rd when they where selling the 200 round loose mixed ammo
Last time I bought any surplus ammo from cmp other than some 22lr < military contract Remington
Was just before PPU started importing the M2 ball new ammo.
The new PPU stuff was .54 vs .87 for mixed floor sweepings.

if those pictures are what they got looks like LC. Seeing they put the “selling under the terms of the US Army” most likely a US stock pile
So hopefully the price will be ok.
Seeing that CMP only pays for shipping and handling .
I will be shocked if its less than $1 shipped.
Most likely under 2000 rounds a year limit.
LC should be slightly better than Greek HXP? A flyer in every other box instead of every box?

People will drive down to the store and load up on it to resell it.

The CMP intends on maintaining a surplus ammo inventory large enough to support CMP Matches for the next several years and to provide discounted surplus ammo to competitors attending CMP events. All sales will include set limits to remain in compliance with guidelines specified in the Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of the Army and the CMP.

Gone are the days when dudes backed their trucks up and left with 2 tons of HXP.

I'd even say it's 50/50 if the ammo even hits the e-store.

The CMP intends on maintaining a surplus ammo inventory large enough to support CMP Matches for the next several years and to provide discounted surplus ammo to competitors attending CMP events. All sales will include set limits to remain in compliance with guidelines specified in the Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of the Army and the CMP.

Gone are the days when dudes backed their trucks up and left with 2 tons of HXP.

Right for clubs only maybe?

Right for clubs only maybe?

@mac1911, you might have to finally make the Camp Ethan Allen CMP match to buy some ammo. Reading this again, it seems possible that the ammo could only be sold at CMP run matches- Camp Perry Nationals, Talladega events, Regional Games, etc.

If they limit to pickups all I can say is, it's time for another road trip. I wonder how much ammo I can get into my Jeep GC

@mac1911, you might have to finally make the Camp Ethan Allen CMP match to buy some ammo. Reading this again, it seems possible that the ammo could only be sold at CMP run matches- Camp Perry Nationals, Talladega events, Regional Games, etc.
The way things are going I will never get there.
Laid off from last job so starting at the bottom again somewhere back to 1 week vacation and most likely a hit in pay. At 51 years old I will be into my 60s before I get back to 2 or more weeks off. Sucks

I dont have the working capital to strike out on my own.

Im guessing its going to be a limit 2000 a year maybe
so 2k for me and 2k for each of my 4 kids [smile]
I'm not sure where I would store it, or if I can haul that much, but it's a nice dream. Besides, don't I deserve something for raising those kids?

If they limit to pickups all I can say is, it's time for another road trip. I wonder how much ammo I can get into my Jeep GC
Is it worth the time/gas?? This stuff would have to be super cheap to worth burning all that gas and time. Be better off buying new production PPU at that point no?

so 2k for me and 2k for each of my 4 kids [smile]
I'm not sure where I would store it, or if I can haul that much, but it's a nice dream. Besides, don't I deserve something for raising those kids?
As long as they are all are cmp qualified why not

Is it worth the time/gas?? This stuff would have to be super cheap to worth burning all that gas and time. Be better off buying new production PPU at that point no?
you don't just go for ammo, you also hand pick your guns and them soot them at the marksmanship center. It's worth the drive, did it once before.

Back
Top Bottom