• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yankee Hill Machine Uppers - Any good?

mu2bdriver

NES Member
I'm looking at a Specter XL 5.56. Years ago, before the market got flooded with other options, they were considered a premium product and now they've virtually disappeared. Any recent knowledge/reviews on quality? Other manufacturer options in the 'nicer' range also appreciated. I'm not looking for cheap stuff.

When I bought my 2002ish Bushmaster 24" Varmint I actually noticed that Bush used some YHM machined components on the rifle for production. The folding front sight, and the tubular FF handguard was YHM , very impressive quality. I would say GTG with YHM

They build quality stuff, family owned and run business. (I own a number of their products, uppers/lowers included). They still build and sell all sorts of accessories, uppers, lowers, complete AR's, but they have been leaning towards suppressors the last couple years.

I'm looking at a Specter XL 5.56. Years ago, before the market got flooded with other options, they were considered a premium product and now they've virtually disappeared. Any recent knowledge/reviews on quality? Other manufacturer options in the 'nicer' range also appreciated. I'm not looking for cheap stuff.
Since you're not looking for cheap stuff...

I don't have a Yankee Hill upper but I am pretty sure the NES lowers from an older group buy are Yankee Hill. They are first rate.
The NES lower I have is nice and its the only YHM product I have seen on the line at the 2 clubs I belong to. Just dont see much YHM stuff here in MA

Quality was so much better when they were in Florence . . .

J/K don't we always say that? :)

Did some yankee hill on my "all new england" crowd pleaser upper.
YHM 7" quad rail.
YHM flip up front sight gas block.
YHM brake. Welded. (the crowd pleaser. Its LOUD)
Green Mt barrel. 14.5 (VT)
Matrix flat top. (NH)

Back
Top Bottom