• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

X-mas bonus time

You got married at Gettysburg? Thats awesome. I got married in Russia at one of Catherine the greats old houses or castles whatever
Thats badass I've heard Russian churches are a sight to behold.

Yeah we were the second to last wedding they ever did. The dude who married us and his wife dressed like Robert e Lee and his wife..

Surreal place if you've never been go during late spring... walk the cemetery... there's a platform you can stand on and the fireflies look like ghosts coming out of the grave at dusk.

Or stand at picketts charge and it looks like both sides fight it out every night after dark with the fireflies.... can't recommend it enough

Thats badass I've heard Russian churches are a sight to behold.

Yeah we were the second to last wedding they ever did. The dude who married us and his wife dressed like Robert e Lee and his wife..

Surreal place if you've never been go during late spring... walk the cemetery... there's a platform you can stand on and the fireflies look like ghosts coming out of the grave at dusk.

Or stand at picketts charge and it looks like both sides fight it out every night after dark with the fireflies.... can't recommend it enough
Yeah russian churches and buildings in general are awesome. But im totes jelly about your wedding

Something from Henry, maybe a golden boy. More of a novelty than anything but that's what a toy is.
Yeah I've had an itch for a marlin 3030 but they pop up for like 300 bucks on armslist which every time I'm like damn but I want this instead... but knowing they come up for that price keeps me from buying one lol its a vicious cycle

Yeah russian churches and buildings in general are awesome. But im totes jelly about your wedding
Lol thats cool we did harpers ferry Antietam and gettysburg one year...

The balls at Antietam must've been something else the wheat field where thousands died was like the size of my row of townhouses.

Harpers ferry man f**( that noise no shame in surrender there the town is qt the base of the mountain super cool place tho reminds me of a creepy German village.

Gettysburg I love man I've been 5 times and learn something new every time

Where the Louisiana regiment took and held the hill on the end of the union line unreal.

Winnifield Scott Hancock is such a boss and he basically saved the united States those 3 days.

Lol thats cool we did harpers ferry Antietam and gettysburg one year...

The balls at Antietam must've been something else the wheat field where thousands died was like the size of my row of townhouses.

Harpers ferry man f**( that noise no shame in surrender there the town is qt the base of the mountain super cool place tho reminds me of a creepy German village.

Gettysburg I love man I've been 5 times and learn something new every time

Where the Louisiana regiment took and held the hill on the end of the union line unreal.

Winnifield Scott Hancock is such a boss and he basically saved the united States those 3 days.
Yeah that's super cool. I need to plan a trip

I got laid off in lieu of a Christmas bonus. Oh and I lost 3 weeks of vacation too. I really counted on my bonus every year.
Dude I'm sorry that sucks laying someone off around now is the shittiest thing you could do.

When I ran my own business I made sure I never did that and if anyone would've suffered it was going to be me. Hate that crap

Would a box of 300wsm make you feel better? I bought one by accident and I'm reasonably sure no one has one.

Dude I'm sorry that sucks laying someone off around now is the shittiest thing you could do.

When I ran my own business I made sure I never did that and if anyone would've suffered it was going to be me. Hate that crap

Would a box of 300wsm make you feel better? I bought one by accident and I'm reasonably sure no one has one.

I have nothing in 300WSM, but it's one of the few you can still find in gun shops. That and .300 Win Mag

I got laid off in lieu of a Christmas bonus. Oh and I lost 3 weeks of vacation too. I really counted on my bonus every year.
That sucks. Was that accrued vacation time? If you’re in MA, it is required by law that you get payed for all your accrued vacation time at time of separation. The law varies by state, here is a good summary of them:

Got a small Xmas bonus not crazy big as I changed jobs 3800 so looking to grab a few things and wanted to get some opinions

Was thinking maybe another poly 80 g17 kit cuz... well you know jsd has em for 440

Maybe another czp10f

Maybe a 10/22

A larue build kit either 556 or 308

Maybe a keltec p17

Maybe another keltec pmr30 cmr 30

Maybe a glock 20

Maybe a pair of aero ars in 308 and 556

Maybe something in the Springfield family

I'll give some no's I'm out on 1911's... don't like em

Never had a sig handgun ive kept and hate their tread rails they look retarded

Have a ton of mags always could use more ammo

Have 2 sets of armor probably will grab a 3rd

I'll probably watch die hard at Xmas and buy a beretta that I'll sell again in a month because I've done that 3 years in a row...

Don't like hk handguns and not dropping 2k on a pcc

Out on scars

Am I missing anything new stuff to consider?
Since, they will be banned, you should consider an ak or ar pistol. Also, the ak47 rifle, ammo still can be obtained for less than 40 cents a round , which is only double, not tripled and quadrupled like the other popular

I have a 300 win mag lol and bought this by accident because I'm a dumbass.
I still have a box of .41 mag I picked up by accident when doing a quick grab for a box of .44 mag. Some day I intend to get something in .41 mag to shoot it in, maybe a Henry Big Boy.

I worked with a guy who was on work release from prison. He'd get dropped off in the morning and picked up in the evening. He's a decent guy, hard worker. He shows up for work Christmas eve sick as a dog. It's snowing. Boss sends him outside to shovel the sidewalk. Guy does his best but he is simply too sick. Comes in out of the snow to stick up for himself. Boss (who I'm sure is bipolar) fires the guy and throws him off the property. Guy isn't exactly allowed to leave, since he's supposed to be either at work or in jail. Boss doesn't care. Guy ends up across the street at a store to wait for the bus to pick him up at the end of the work day. Guy gets 6 months added to his sentence for getting fired from work release.

Since, they will be banned, you should consider an ak or ar pistol. Also, the ak47 rifle, ammo still can be obtained for less than 40 cents a round , which is only double, not tripled and quadrupled like the other popular
Yeah im kicking myself in the head for selling my 3 and aks this summer.... das idiot

I worked with a guy who was on work release from prison. He'd get dropped off in the morning and picked up in the evening. He's a decent guy, hard worker. He shows up for work Christmas eve sick as a dog. It's snowing. Boss sends him outside to shovel the sidewalk. Guy does his best but he is simply too sick. Comes in out of the snow to stick up for himself. Boss (who I'm sure is bipolar) fires the guy and throws him off the property. Guy isn't exactly allowed to leave, since he's supposed to be either at work or in jail. Boss doesn't care. Guy ends up across the street at a store to wait for the bus to pick him up at the end of the work day. Guy gets 6 months added to his sentence for getting fired from work release.
Id have taken objection to that with the boss. That ain't right.

I've always said I know I can be the worlds biggest Richard but I always try to be the fairest one too.

Sorry to hear that. Lot of that going around despite the party on Wall St.

Vacation time is usually owed to you, how'd they pull that off?

Id have taken objection to that with the boss. That ain't right.

I've always said I know I can be the worlds biggest Richard but I always try to be the fairest one too.

If he wasn't so sick, I think he would've. I thought for sure once he got back to prison something would've been "arranged" for the boss.

Turned out getting fired from there myself (for being "late") was a blessing, and I'm glad all my coworkers saw the light and eventually left on their own.

Sorry to hear that. Lot of that going around despite the party on Wall St.

Vacation time is usually owed to you, how'd they pull that off?

My last place of employment withheld my vacation time as well. I nearly lawyered up, but decided first to go to HR and try to get them to rectify the situation. They did. If I remember correctly, in MA, they owe you triple if you bring suit against them for non-payment.

I’ll third VTSAX and SPY. It’s not about beating the market. It’s time in the market and how much you put in.

I will 4th this..I use Fidelity so different ticker but same result.....I work in Asset Management and see the CFA's/Actuary's think they will beat the market, think they are smarter then the rest...been seeing it for 15 years...constant buying/selling....always chasing short term performance....and giving me tips....I will stick with Jack Bogle and Warren Buffet's advice...index funds..

I have a Christmas bonus coming as well and am thinking of something to spend it on. I've been thinking maybe a M&P15-22 so that I can shoot it indoors, a 1911, a rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor, a nice revolver? I'm going to do some shopping but I might have to wait until Jan when I will be back in MA.

I have a Christmas bonus coming as well and am thinking of something to spend it on. I've been thinking maybe a M&P15-22 so that I can shoot it indoors, a 1911, a rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor, a nice revolver? I'm going to do some shopping but I might have to wait until Jan when I will be back in MA.

The M&P 15-22 is a blast to shoot. I put an EOTech 512 on it. Lot's of fun for $.06 cpr. Yes, I stocked up before the sh!tshow.. 😁

Back
Top Bottom