• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

X-mas bonus time

I have a Christmas bonus coming as well and am thinking of something to spend it on. I've been thinking maybe a M&P15-22 so that I can shoot it indoors, a 1911, a rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor, a nice revolver? I'm going to do some shopping but I might have to wait until Jan when I will be back in MA.
Mp 22 might be in the running as well. The more I look into it the more if I build an ar10 it'll be 6.5

I will 4th this..I use Fidelity so different ticker but same result.....I work in Asset Management and see the CFA's/Actuary's think they will beat the market, think they are smarter then the rest...been seeing it for 15 years...constant buying/selling....always chasing short term performance....and giving me tips....I will stick with Jack Bogle and Warren Buffet's advice...index funds..
Index funds are fine... but invest in what you believe in too... I believe China is going to be a problem sooner rather than later for us to address and we need rare earth's so I like those plays.

And ucaas is a smoking hot market due to all the wfh with covid. And like it or not agree with it or not and tinfoil hat or not. Wfh is here to stay investing in the number 2 solution for the last 3 years while it's stock is at 20-40 bucks and zoom and ring trade at over 300 is a no Brainer IMHO.

However don't fall in love with a stock i did that and got burned bad for 5k this year and don't lose more than your comfortable with.

Mp 22 might be in the running as well. The more I look into it the more if I build an ar10 it'll be 6.5

What I have been really thinking about lately is a backup gun. I don't have one but have wondered if I needed a couple of extra rounds what could I use? I'd like to have something in my carry caliber 9mm, but I just don't know. So far I haven't seen anything that wows me except maybe the bond arms derringer, but I would have to see that in person before I bought one.

What I have been really thinking about lately is a backup gun. I don't have one but have wondered if I needed a couple of extra rounds what could I use? I'd like to have something in my carry caliber 9mm, but I just don't know. So far I haven't seen anything that wows me except maybe the bond arms derringer, but I would have to see that in person before I bought one.
Springfield xds's are nice and they're about the same price.

I'm thinking of a lifecard but I don't wanna pay more than 200 bucks

Index funds are fine... but invest in what you believe in too... I believe China is going to be a problem sooner rather than later for us to address and we need rare earth's so I like those plays.

And ucaas is a smoking hot market due to all the wfh with covid. And like it or not agree with it or not and tinfoil hat or not. Wfh is here to stay investing in the number 2 solution for the last 3 years while it's stock is at 20-40 bucks and zoom and ring trade at over 300 is a no Brainer IMHO.

However don't fall in love with a stock i did that and got burned bad for 5k this year and don't lose more than your comfortable with.
VTSAX is the total international stock market. Not just the US....

dunno. i moved 98% of 401k into an MIP CL2. in an IRA - into FBNDX, which is not the best, but ,it worked OK before.
I do expect absolutely NOTHING good to happen in next 6+ months. new contributions will still go into the spread of stock funds, but, most of an existing money are in bonds.
i do think you can kiss any hot market goodbye as it is. at the very first set of idiotic EOs this new administration will throw at the free market it all will go upside down.

Last edited:
Your list is kind of varied... what do you have now or what gaps are you trying to fill? Or are you trying to give yourself some redundancy?

dunno. i moved 98% of 401k into an MIP CL2. in an IRA - into FBNDX, which is not the best, but ,it worked OK before.
I do expect absolutely NOTHING good to happen in next 6+ months. new contributions will still go into the spread of stock funds, but, most of an existing money are in bonds.
i do think you can kiss any hot market goodbye as it is. at the very first set of idiotic EOs this new administration will throw at the free market it all will go upside down.
True I'm not loving keeping a lot of money in the market.. f*** that noise thats basically fun money to play with

Your list is kind of varied... what do you have now or what gaps are you trying to fill? Or are you trying to give yourself some redundancy?
I have 6 556 ars 2 6.8 spcs 2 300 win mags

4 glock 17s and 1 poly 80 kit on the way
5 cz p10fs
1 pmr 30
1 cmr 30

Reasonably covered

2 p45 builds in the wings

Nothing pressing

I could do all goofy shit life cards 22 naa mags

You might want to go the NFA route. A suppressed SBR in 300 BLK would be a nice addition to your collection.

You might want to go the NFA route. A suppressed SBR in 300 BLK would be a nice addition to your collection.
You know I've never gotten the 300 blk thing i probably should get my stamp tho for a can

Poly 80 g17 is now off the table fantasy football winings and cc rewards points was enough to grab one off jsdsupply.com

I do cnc machining for a very sucessfull small buisiness, and recieved a nice bonus, more than expected. So treated myself to a new home hobby TIG welder , and then grabbing a .22 rimfire suppressor.

You know I've never gotten the 300 blk thing i probably should get my stamp tho for a can

Poly 80 g17 is now off the table fantasy football winings and cc rewards points was enough to grab one off jsdsupply.com
My understanding is that one of the reasons for the 300 BLK is that you can run it subsonic and suppressed and still get decent performance out of it. If you run a 5.56 subsonic, you end up with an expensive 22 lr. I'm in MA, no hope of getting a can, so I’m not that interested in 300 BLK myself.

My understanding is that one of the reasons for the 300 BLK is that you can run it subsonic and suppressed and still get decent performance out of it. If you run a 5.56 subsonic, you end up with an expensive 22 lr. I'm in MA, no hope of getting a can, so I’m not that interested in 300 BLK myself.
I've had like 3 and always just kinda been like mehhh

I really really like 6.8 spc

Idk if they suppress as well as 300 blackout but their supersonic stuff is the bees knees

Be careful with bonds when interest rates rise the price of your bonds will fall. Interest rates are at historic lows eventually they will go up

Be careful with bonds when interest rates rise the price of your bonds will fall. Interest rates are at historic lows eventually they will go up
MIP CL2?
12 Month Low-High
$1.00 - $1.00

I've had like 3 and always just kinda been like mehhh

I really really like 6.8 spc

Idk if they suppress as well as 300 blackout but their supersonic stuff is the bees knees
Because hunting with a suppressed SBR is the bees knees! 10” barrel, 6” can, you’re carbine length and suppressed. Also beneficial if you end up needing to fire a gun indoors.....

Got a small Xmas bonus not crazy big as I changed jobs 3800 so looking to grab a few things and wanted to get some opinions

Was thinking maybe another poly 80 g17 kit cuz... well you know jsd has em for 440

Maybe another czp10f

Maybe a 10/22

A larue build kit either 556 or 308

Maybe a keltec p17

Maybe another keltec pmr30 cmr 30

Maybe a glock 20

Maybe a pair of aero ars in 308 and 556

Maybe something in the Springfield family

I'll give some no's I'm out on 1911's... don't like em

Never had a sig handgun ive kept and hate their tread rails they look retarded

Have a ton of mags always could use more ammo

Have 2 sets of armor probably will grab a 3rd

I'll probably watch die hard at Xmas and buy a beretta that I'll sell again in a month because I've done that 3 years in a row...

Don't like hk handguns and not dropping 2k on a pcc

Out on scars

Am I missing anything new stuff to consider?

P80 kits go on sale for a lot cheaper hold off.
If you don’t have a 10/22 or 4 different variants get one.
308 AR Hell Yeah
Find a 1911 with a 4lb trigger pull and you will sleep with it.
Put the rest of the money away for when ammo prices drop a bit.
Except find a nice prime rib and your fav adult beverage and congratulate yourself for having a job and a bonus. Merry Christmas!!

Back
Top Bottom