WW2 Flamethrower Shoot and Display

What a great event! I'll be editing pictures for weeks, if this is you send me a PM and I'll get you a full rez file when it is complete.
AiWKp0e.jpg

Last edited:
Good Lord that was awesome. Couldn't wipe the permasmile off my face. [smile]

Great day. I'll definitely sign up again for next year. Thanks to Wiseone for putting together such a great event, thanks to "the landowner" for the use of their land, and thanks to Charlie for bringing the flamethrowers and training us on them.

Last edited:
Thank you to all the organizers of this event, my buddy and I had a blast! Good crowd, lots of cool hardware, beautiful weather, got to see some friends... Good to knock an item of the bucket list! So glad I got to shoot the M9-7! Had a good time chatting with some of the reenactors, and got some good leads for more events [grin]

I put my pics and videos together (all taken with cell phone and one part by gopro), hit that HD button and enjoy;

[video=vimeo;125392358]https://vimeo.com/125392358[/video]

Link for mobile: https://vimeo.com/125392358

Last edited:
Definitely, thanks to the organizers for a fantastic, less than once in a lifetime opportunity! I mentioned what I did to some friends of mine and they all looked at me blankly and said, "You did what??"

I have about 1300 shots to filter through, and post-process, so it'll be a little while before I have them ready.

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from the event. I want to thank every single one of you for this. Without your support this would have never happened. I would love to get some feedback, favorite parts? Did everyone have a good time? I'm the one in camo with the green hat instructing our wonderful NES operators!

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from the event. I want to thank every single one of you for this. Without your support this would have never happened. I would love to get some feedback, favorite parts? Did everyone have a good time? I'm the one in camo with the green hat instructing our wonderful NES operators!

Favorite part was shooting a flamethrower! I don't know if I'll ever top that experience, so thank you VERY much for the chance to do so.

Second favorite part was watching a bunker get torched then run over with a TANK!

Goddamn it, if this happens again I'm cancelling EVERYTHING to go That looks AWESOME!

Thank you to all the organizers of this event, my buddy and I had a blast! Good crowd, lots of cool hardware, beautiful weather, got to see some friends... Good to knock an item of the bucket list! So glad I got to shoot the M9-7! Had a good time chatting with some of the reenactors, and got some good leads for more events [grin]

I put my pics and videos together (all taken with cell phone and one part by gopro), hit that HD button and enjoy;

[video=vimeo;125392358]https://vimeo.com/125392358[/video]

Link for mobile: https://vimeo.com/125392358

Great video.

Goddamn it, if this happens again I'm cancelling EVERYTHING to go That looks AWESOME!

It was badass! Blasting off that flamethrower was easily one of the coolest things I've ever done. Thanks again to Dave and his crew.

My only minor suggestion would be to have some music playing in between events. I think it would fill any quiet time while waiting. Perhaps some war-relevant tunes from Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth would kick ass.

I would like to give a shout out to my staff from New England Gun Events. We had 13 volunteers on site to make sure the event ran as smoothly as an unprecedented dynamic presentation could. Not all are pictured here.
And a special thank you to fellow NESr SPCantwell for helping out as well. staff nege.jpg

Just another guy saying I had a great time. Thanks to all involved as well as OneyedJack for demoing his subguns. Glad I was able to help him out on that end. My buddy (also a member) has a crapton of pics to go through before posting.

For anyone who was thinking of going and missed it, you missed a great and unique event.

For those that went or are now interested in this type of event I would suggest you check out the Colling's Foundation battle at the airfield later this year and their Wings of Freedom tour that stops in Worcester and a bunch of other local airports.

It was good seeing a "Greatest Generation" member there also. I was privileged enough to speak to him for a short while and hear some of his history, post war.

Back
Top Bottom