• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WW2 Flamethrower Shoot and Display

Hey Everyone,

As you may know, I was looking for land where we could use Flamethrowers for an event. Well FSTC, a long time member on here, reached out to help me with my request. I went to Athol, MA today to do a safety walkthrough of the proposed location. Well, everything checked out and it is perfect.

So on April 18th we are going to be having a WWII Saturday, where we will have a total of four different Flamethrowers: an American M2-2, German Flammenwerfer 41, American M3 Auxiliary bow flamethrower, and finally a Vietnam-era American M9-7 flamethrower. Additionally there will be several different machine guns that we will be demonstrating for you guys. We will have many German and American reenactors coming out with equipment, uniforms, and weapons.

We want to bring out an M3 American Half-track and an M5 light Stuart tank as well. However, all of this stuff costs money. So while we won’t be charging admission, we would love it if we could get some donations to help cover the initial costs of this event. You can donate to the gofundme campaign and we'll private message you the location, you can bring your whole family. You will get to see the M5 Stuart live fire its Browning M1919 bow-mounted machine gun, as well as the M3 bow flamethrower used as it was intended to be used. You will see many German and American WWII infantry weapons demonstrated as well. Present will also be some WW2 German motorcycles with sidecars.

A flamethrower expert will be giving demonstrations and will be allowing people to handle the flamethrowers. As the event gets closer, we will send out an official schedule for the day as well as the address and start time of the event. A food vender will be onsite to sell food or you can bring your own in if you like. Overall, this will be a great way to meet people from the Forum and learn about military history.

Vehicle List:
-M5 Stuart Light Tank
-M3 Half-track
-K750 Zündapp Motorcycle
-
BMW R75 Solo Motorcycle
-BMW R71 Motorcycle
-Kübelwagon
-Willy's Jeeps
-Weapons Carrier

Change to the raffle guys if you donate $25 or more to the campaign and you win the raffle you will have your choice to ride in the back of M3 halftrack OR one of the spots being sold to use a flamethrower of your choice.Is everyone ready for an awesome event? Any questions, comments, feedback or advice please let me know

Here is the Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1600165543553113/

Also bring range eyes and ears.

Update: There are now 20 spots open on Saturday evening to use the M2-2, M9-7, Flammenwerffer 41, or the tripod mounted M3. This will cost $200 and you will have to sign a waiver. Please message me if you're interested. We really want this event to be annual and the only way to do that is to raise the necessary funds to cover our expenses.

16 of 20 spots claimed

Update 2:

It will cost $650 to get the tank and half-track there! We are almost to our first campaign goal guys!

Update 3:

Guys the event starts at 10am and will go to 5pm the schedule of the day will be released a week before the event with the address so we have a complete, up-to-date, and accurate schedule!

Update 4:

Guys I've had many people ask me if there were going to be any shirts or anything made up for this event. So I decided to have some custom shirts made up. Would there be any interest for these? They come in both black and OD green and will cost $20 for each one. Let me know!

shirtMockup_Black.jpg shirtMockup_ODGreen.jpg
Update 5:

If you want to preorder a shirt please PM me with the size color and # of shirts, you can paypal me the funds. Thanks guys.

Update 6:

Because of the amount of people coming out to the event we are having the Dog House Grille come out to sell food and drinks at the event. They are same guys selling food at the HSC USPSA events.

Both raffle winners will be chosen via a random number generator and posted
Friday April 10th!

This winner is Ralph M! Congratulations!

Saturday April 18th Schedule

Time EventDescription
10:00-10:30 AMFlamethrower Filling and Charging DemonstrationThere will be two fuel depots set up and the staff will demonstrate how each unit is refueled and tested for firing.
10:30-11:15 AMF41 German Training DemonstrationA squad of Germans will train on the F41 and prepare for battle.
11:15-12:00 PMM2-2 USGI
Training Demonstration
A squad of Americans will train on the M2-2 and prepare for battle.
12:00-1:00 PMFirearms demonstrationEverything from WW2 pistols to belt-fed machine guns will be live fired by reenactors dressed in full uniforms and equipment.
1:00-1:15 PMM3 in StuartA US tanker crew will man a M5 Light Stuart tank and demonstrate one of the most powerful flamethrowers on site.
1:30-2:00 PMGerman F41 Battle SimulationWatch as German forces secure and destroy an emplacement. They will have rifle and machine gun support.
2:00-2:30 PMAllied Battle SimulationWatch as Allied forces secure and destroy an emplacement. Both the M2-2 and the Stuart’s M3 will participate in this simulation. They will have rifle and machine gun support.
2:30-3:00 PMFlamethrower Expert PresentationThe Flamethrower Expert will explain the history and use of Flamethrowers.
3:00 – 5:00 PMPublic Flamethrower OperatorsOur lucky guests will get trained and use one of the four flamethrowers on site. This will be an opportunity to see all these flamethrowers being used in close succession of each other.

Gofundme Campaign:

https://gofundme.com/ovcwmw

Note had to change the campaign because it was against the rules, I can't mention weapons or ammo.

Google Doc for raffle entries:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kQArsNVuff8nddoOOTNQWD8ZCNFVWqAL_a1pYFctOpA/edit?usp=sharing

Additionally, if you guys donated to my gofundme to save my cat Fido please enter your name in this google doc for a separate raffle:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14kHDfyIVHNCmjqarT4Y3D76AFEoeAVZssx1SDZxTSlU/edit?usp=sharing

F41 Captioned Full Size 11 Sept 10.jpg Stuart Flame Captioned.jpg Two Flamethrowers Captioned.jpg

Attachments

• Two Flamethrowers Full and Captioned.jpg
    Two Flamethrowers Full and Captioned.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 207
  • mockup.jpg
    mockup.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 4.13.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 4.13.19 PM.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 4.12.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 4.12.43 PM.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 6.16.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 6.16.51 PM.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Just curious - what are you using for fuel? I'm a bit rusty on gelled gasoline w/improvised thickeners.

Awesome event, but I have to miss it. [sad]

It's kids vacation week and I already plan with the kiddos.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Plain diesel with inert nitrogen gas as a propellant.

I'll bring some extra [laugh] This sounds great!

clean-diesel-tanker.jpg

ETA: Will spectators be limited in number?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom