WW2 Flamethrower Shoot and Display

That is exactly what I'm thinking. Most likely a once in a lifetime thing.

Yup four ultra-rare flamethrowers operating at the same time, nothing like this has ever been attempted before. Additionally you get to see a tank mounted flamethrower which is unheard of today. So donate if you can and we can get this event going!

Last edited:
you guys should think about some logistics. With event this awesome and rare, you may end up with hundreds of cars showing up and a lot of people not knowing where to throw their trash.

I just want to see events like these come again and not have land owner pissed out of his mind.

Contact Sealteam2, George has been to several of the NES shoots at Monadnock and has an MP 40, he also is a WW2 re enactor, I think he's done the battles at Collings in the past (?)

you guys should think about some logistics. With event this awesome and rare, you may end up with hundreds of cars showing up and a lot of people not knowing where to throw their trash.

I just want to see events like these come again and not have land owner pissed out of his mind.

Yeah we are working on parking and will have trash cans available.

Great point, The owner is a friend, and I would like to keep it that way!
The ultimate goal is to make this an annual event. (How we behave this year will determine that)
The primary function of this event is to train the guys and gals on the safe use of the equipment and learn from the remaining field experts while they are still around.
If you contribute to this event, you will be given an invite to come out and witness. That is the only guarantee I can give.
If we are lucky Charlie may do a presentation for us. We may have a photo op with the vehicles etc. And if we can stock the field kitchen, maybe someone will cook for us.
Veterans are exempt from my rant as they have made their 'contribution' ahead of time.

Some logistical needs that will help defray the costs:
Food
Water
Ammo
Diesel
and if anyone has access to a 20 ton trailer and the means to haul it loaded.

This is awesome. I think I'll be able to go, and I'll definitely get myself in for a contribution. How do the spreadsheets work again? Put your name in both if you make a donation, or are there specific amounts that you have to contribute to enter each raffle?
And can I send this out as an email to a few friends, or is this NES only?

Oh, and the VW enthusiasts used to run a Spring Dustoff show in Rhode Island. Now THIS is a Spring Dustoff. [smile]

Last edited:
This is awesome. I think I'll be able to go, and I'll definitely get myself in for a contribution. How do the spreadsheets work again? Put your name in both if you make a donation, or are there specific amounts that you have to contribute to enter each raffle?
And can I send this out as an email to a few friends, or is this NES only?

Oh, and the VW enthusiasts used to run a Spring Dustoff show in Rhode Island. Now THIS is a Spring Dustoff. [smile]

It's not just for NES, we want people to come out and enjoy this stuff. We also need some donations and stuff we're figuring out how to give those who contribute a little extra at the show. The first spreadsheet is for a chance to win a ride in WW2 armor (assuming we can get it there).

The second sheet is for those who donated in December to help save my kitty. They will be entered into a different raffle the prize which has not yet been determined.

Thewiseone91is the organizer of this project all requests go through him.

There are a lot of people and equipment that needs to be coordinated to make this happen, Thewiseone91 staked his reputation in the living history community to make this happen, let's not **** it up.

Last edited:
NES WW2 Flamethrower Shoot

I'm not sure I'll be able to attend, and I'm a bit short of cash at the moment, but I can put in 300rds of 9mm Luger for the cause. Either 115gr WWB, or 124gr Federal American Eagle.

We will be there plus a couple. I will try and figure out what you would need for donations plus help with logistics / grunt work if needed. Low bed trailer? plus tractor from where to where? If the guy I know is available and not out of state I may have a line on one.

We will be there plus a couple. I will try and figure out what you would need for donations plus help with logistics / grunt work if needed. Low bed trailer? plus tractor from where to where? If the guy I know is available and not out of state I may have a line on one.

From Douglas MA to Athol Ma, thanks all the help is appreciated!

So I just sent out this email to friends and family:

Coming up this April 18 in Athol, MA, will be a day long event planned by a group of WW2 weapons owners. This event is a combined training session for the owners of these flamethrowers and machine guns, but is not a closed event. It is also a public demonstration, and I got the OK to share this info with friends and family. Some mechanized armor will also be there.

This event will also be free, but any donations that can be made will be appreciated, to defray the cost of operation of these pieces of history.

Here's the details from the event organizer:

Hey Everyone,

As you may know, I was looking for land where we could use Flamethrowers for an event. Well FSTC, a long time member on here, reached out to help me with my request. I went to Athol, MA today to do a safety walkthrough of the proposed location. Well, everything checked out and it is perfect.

So on April 18th we are going to be having a WWII Saturday, where we will have a total of four different Flamethrowers: an American M2-2, German Flammenwerfer 41, American M3 Auxiliary bow flamethrower, and finally a Vietnam-era American M9-7 flamethrower. Additionally there will be several different machine guns that we will be demonstrating for you guys. We will have many German and American reenactors coming out with equipment, uniforms, and weapons.

We want to bring out an M3 American Half-track and an M5 light Stuart tank as well. However, all of this stuff costs money. So while we won’t be charging admission, we would love it if we could get some donations to help cover the initial costs of this event. You will get to see the M5 Stuart live fire its Browning M1919 bow-mounted machine gun, as well as the M3 bow flamethrower used as it was intended to be used. You will see many German and American WWII infantry weapons demonstrated as well. Present will also be some WW2 German motorcycles with sidecars.

A flamethrower expert will be giving demonstrations and will be allowing people to handle the flamethrowers. As the event gets closer, we will send out an official schedule for the day as well as the address and start time of the event. As far as food is concerned, this will be a pot-luck type event. Everyone brings something so that everyone else can eat. Overall, this will be a great way to meet people from the Forum and learn about military history.

If we can get the armor to come out, anyone who donates will be entered into a raffle for the chance to ride in the turret of the M5 or the back of the M3, depending on circumstances. Is everyone ready for an awesome event? Any questions, comments, feedback or advice please let me know.

Also bring range eyes and ears.

Both raffle winners will be chosen via a random number generator and posted Friday April 17th!

Gofundme Campaign:

https://gofundme.com/ovcwmw

Note had to change the campaign because it was against the rules, I can't mention weapons or ammo.

Google Doc for raffle entries:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It's not just for NES, we want people to come out and enjoy this stuff. We also need some donations and stuff we're figuring out how to give those who contribute a little extra at the show. The first spreadsheet is for a chance to win a ride in WW2 armor (assuming we can get it there).

So there you go. Free event, but donations to help defray the costs are welcome but not necessary.

Bring hearing protection and safety glasses. And if you want to follow the progress of information, you can check out the thread here http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/276768-NES-WW2-Flamethrower-Shoot

And if you have an interest in firearms and want the latest information available and be a part of one of the best firearms community online, then sign up for a free membership which will allow you to take part in some great discussions.

And feel free to share this email with anyone who might be interested in the rare chance to see history in action!

And anyone here feel free to copy and paste that into an email of your own to share.

Yup it was taken down because there was mention of weapons and ammo. That's why the new campaign has all the vague wording in it, so they wouldn't remove it again.

I see that there's an "offline donation" from "NES" on the new campaign. I assume that's the aggregate of the donations you got from the first one that got removed?

Update: There are now 20 spots open on Saturday evening to use either the M2-2, M9-7, or the Flammenwerffer 41. This will cost money and you will have to sign a waiver. Please message me for details. We really want this event to be annual and the only way to do that is to raise the necessary funds to cover our expenses.

i bet the NSA/CIA/FBI will be taking lots of pictures there too. sounds like a scary event that will make the general public uncomfortable just knowing it is happening. [thinking]

i bet the NSA/CIA/FBI will be taking lots of pictures there too. sounds like a scary event that will make the general public uncomfortable just knowing it is happening. [thinking]

Well nothing illegal is going on, flamethrowers aren't regulated. And these are a lot safer than what the military used. We have first responders on site and the general public will be far away from any danger. It's going to a safe and fun event!

Well nothing illegal is going on, flamethrowers aren't regulated. And these are a lot safer than what the military used. We have first responders on site and the general public will be far away from any danger. It's going to a safe and fun event!
i'm with you but "moms against flamethrowers" doesnt use common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Our tinfoil hats will protect us from that.[tinfoil]
they will use facial recognition so use tinfoil will be useless. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom