Wow they actually popped a LEO for flipping Glocks

Tag for December sentencing fiasco.

Why does it take three months to issue a sentence when the conviction is air tight and the penalties clear as glass?

There is no justice in this country......anywhere.

With all the new laws from California straw purchase could really mean straw purchase.

He must have upset somebody, I was expecting 20-50 Glocks, he bought two, didn’t like em and sold them. Two, count um, two, while some guy somewhere in some back street as a trunk load full of them.

Insert face plant gif.

Complaint here:
https://www.universalhub.com/files/karani-indictment.pdf
No details of how long he waited to transfer them to the civilian or if it was the same person.

ETA: One of the weapons, however, was found in possession of Desmond Crawford, an alleged member of the Columbia Point Dawgs, at the time of his arrest in November 2015. Karani allegedly used his police identification to...

That would do it.

Wonder if he was stupid and bought and flipped same day. Thought would be fine because, cop.

No, it was worse than that according to an earlier article. One of the Glocks he bought ended up in the hands of a gangbanger, a member of the Columbia Point Dawgs. [laugh]
(It's not clear if the cop sold it to the Dawg or to a friend of the dawg.)

According to the Indictment, in November 2014 and September 2015, Karani acted as the “straw purchaser” of two firearms, a Glock, model 27, .40 caliber pistol and a Glock, model 30S, .45 caliber pistol, by purchasing them on behalf of acquaintances while falsely claiming the guns were for his official police use and not for resale. One of the weapons, however, was found in possession of Desmond Crawford, an alleged member of the Columbia Point Dawgs, at the time of his arrest in November 2015.

Former Boston Police Officer Charged in Connection with Straw Purchases of Firearms

Last edited:
Ya ya great minds think alike.

I love this line “State law bars civilians from purchasing those particular Glock models.”
No it does not! State law prohibits FFLs from selling them to civilians. Yeah I know preaching to the choir here but the more this BS gets called out the bettter!

I'm going to hazard a guess that this wasn't a "brains" kind of operation here, and someone got braced and then promptly ran their mouth about "their cop buddy buying a gun for them" etc.

-Mike

No it does not! State law prohibits FFLs from selling them to civilians. Yeah I know preaching to the choir here but the more this BS gets called out the bettter!

Is the AG's no-Glocks list actual law? I thought it was just made-up law. The EOPS is the law, and Glocks are ok by that list.

Is the AG's no-Glocks list actual law? I thought it was just made-up law. The EOPS is the law, and Glocks are ok by that list.

No, it's not, it's CMR640.

Then again, the compliance aspect has almost nothing to do with why this guy got busted, basically he answered "Yes" on a 4473 and somehow was proven to have lied about that, although the indictment doesn't seem to discuss this crucial piece of evidence. My guess is he bought these two guns, and then shortly thereafter flipped both of them, and somehow, someone found out about this flipping, or the buyers did stupid shit like pay him ahead of
time, etc...

-Mike

No, it's not, it's CMR640.

Then again, the compliance aspect has almost nothing to do with why this guy got busted, basically he answered "Yes" on a 4473 and somehow was proven to have lied about that, although the indictment doesn't seem to discuss this crucial piece of evidence. My guess is he bought these two guns, and then shortly thereafter flipped both of them, and somehow, someone found out about this flipping, or the buyers did stupid shit like pay him ahead of
time, etc...

-Mike
MA 940 CMR 16

Close. The enabling law for the CMR is MGL chap 93A sec 2(c)

I bought a blue label Glock from the chief of police of a small MA town 5 years ago, but I guess it was still legal then. I've since sold it to an NES'er but last I knew it is in the state

Tag for December sentencing fiasco.

Why does it take three months to issue a sentence when the conviction is air tight and the penalties clear as glass?

There is no justice in this country......anywhere.

Federal court sentencing is always 90 days after conviction to allow for a presentence investigation by pretrial services.

MA 940 CMR 16

Close. The enabling law for the CMR is MGL chap 93A sec 2(c)

Yes, correct, 940...typoee it and didn't check. Then again it could be that I've tried to forget it as much as possible..... lol

I bought a blue label Glock from the chief of police of a small MA town 5 years ago, but I guess it was still legal then. I've since sold it to an NES'er but last I knew it is in the state

it's ok for them to buy guns and then sell them later when they don't want them. Just can't buy them for the purpose of resellign, which is obvious I guess in some circumstances. I think this guy pissed someone off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom