Worc. PD going to M&P

sahweet, I also herd that arbone combat engineer stated that us military are considering switching to mp 45 aswell. I was like wow!

sahweet, I also herd that arbone combat engineer stated that us military are considering switching to mp 45 aswell. I was like wow!

Wow. That would be a major coup for S&W. Have you seen anything official on that or is it just a rumor?

Wow. That would be a major coup for S&W. Have you seen anything official on that or is it just a rumor?

Rumor or more succintly wishful thinking. There was a move within DOD several years ago to adopt a .45 pistol and most of the major manufacturers produced new models (which many speculate was the impetus for the .45 M&P), but that initiative was squashed, and it seems unlikely that it will be resurrected in the neat future. Both the Army and the Navy are focusing considerable effort to introduce new uniforms (utility uniforms for the Navy, Blue Class A and B uniforms for the Army) don't ya know? Priorities, man, priorities [wink]

Mark L.

Rumor or more succintly wishful thinking. There was a move within DOD several years ago to adopt a .45 pistol and most of the major manufacturers produced new models (which many speculate was the impetus for the .45 M&P), but that initiative was squashed, and it seems unlikely that it will be resurrected in the neat future. Both the Army and the Navy are focusing considerable effort to introduce new uniforms (utility uniforms for the Navy, Blue Class A and B uniforms for the Army) don't ya know? Priorities, man, priorities [wink]

Mark L.

Sheesh.

Well, to be honest, the Army A's & B's are pretty fugly [laugh] They need to bring back the WWII Pinks and Greens.

Going OT here, but the Army considered Pinks and Greens and the current Army Blue uniform and decided to go with a variation of the Army Blue uniform.

Mark L.

Well the blue is definatly better looking then the current green uni.

OK /OT[grin]

bob, i think i read it on airborn combat engineer web site or something. dont remember, it was few days ago. i'll go search and find the link. It had bunch of stuff about rifles then started talking about mp's and stated that the military are considering on switching over. Probably wont, but they may will since more and more mp's are showing up.

Back
Top Bottom