1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Witnesses say many dead, injured in shooting at New Zealand mosque

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reptile, Mar 14, 2019.

1. mibro

mibro NES Member

Women's instinctive behavior in the face of hostility is to placate and then submit. This strategy conferred a reproductive advantage relative to women who fought, which is why women do it.

Men who attempt to placate and then submit to the mercy of other men are generally not so successful, which is why men's instinctive behavior in the face of hostility is to attempt to establish dominance by force. Someone is going to end up face down in the ditch with their throat cut, better them than you.

2. bill o

bill o

[​IMG]

3. new guy

new guy NES Member

It makes people uncomfortable to think of humans as instinctive animals. People don’t think it be like it is, but it do.

4. teaser452

teaser452

Here’s the video. A better version.

View: https://youtu.be/liW-kWFiXtQ

5. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

View: https://youtu.be/iOKV9Stri_M

6. Horrible

Horrible NES Member

This is exactly it. Then when a bear appears, the reaction is to add moar of a bear patrol presence despite the fact that the previous bear patrol was useless

drgrant, 10thSFFD, Coyote33 and 2 others like this.
  7. wahsben

wahsben NES Life Member NES Member

8. wahsben

wahsben NES Life Member NES Member

9. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Are you implying that, mayhaps, women wouldn't make the best candidates for leadership positions such as Prime Minister? [devil]

10. MaverickNH

MaverickNH NES Member

I meet a lot of good immigrants who have taken the legal road to US Citizenship and work in industry - they often extol the virtues of the US and our way of government but express some quibbles with our specific Constitutional text or interpretation. I usually give them a US Constitution/Declaration of Independence pocket copy (I bought a case for $1 each way back) and tell them to draw a pencil line through the parts we didin’t need to be the country they wanted to emigrate to rather than Canada, England, etc.

They usually get it quickly. But I add that just because we don’t change the text doesn’t mean we all agree on what is means. As Alexis de Tocqueville said in observation of Americans in his 1835 Democracy in America, every American from all walks of life talks about government and politics as a daily point of conversation rather than restricting such discourse to the elite ruling class. I don’t wear a MAGA hat - I need a AISG hate “America Is Still Great.”

mibro and 10thSFFD like this.
  11. MaverickNH

MaverickNH NES Member

I meet a lot of good immigrants who have taken the legal road to US Citizenship and work in industry - they often extol the virtues of the US and our way of government but express some quibbles with our specific Constitutional text or interpretation. I usually give them a US Constitution/Declaration of Independence pocket copy (I bought a case for $1 each way back) and tell them to draw a pencil line through the parts we didn’t need to be the country they wanted to emigrate to rather than Canada, England, etc.

They usually get it quickly. But I add that just because we don’t change the text doesn’t mean we all agree what it means. As Alexis de Tocqueville said in observation of the Americans in his 1835 Democracy in America, every American from all walks of life speaks of their government and politics rather than such discourse the being the work of an elite ruling class.

12. NHCraigT

NHCraigT NES Member

LINK: Registration Always Leads to Confiscation - A Lesson From New Zealand - The Truth About Guns
    [​IMG]

Horrible, Jason Flare and 10thSFFD like this.
  13. Path-Finder

Path-Finder

I loved this skit. I always think of this when Maura says how safe Massachusetts is because of gun laws.

10thSFFD likes this.
  14. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Thank you for your post!

When I was sitting in various refugee camps in 1980's, filled with tens of thousands of refugees from all around the world, NOBODY was talking about illegal immigration. Everyone was waiting for the process to take place. There were families in camps waiting for 5 years, single guys stinking in the camp for 7 years because they did not say right things during the interview. American Embassy, back then!, was asking basic questions; Were you a member of the communist party? Did you ever build any explosive device? Did you ever participate in any terrorist activity? There were dudes who thought that they will "speed up the process" by saying that they hate communism and they would fight it all over the world. That was considered dangerous and as a result they were not accepted. Once this was revealed to refugees all refugees became sheep and all questions were answered with 'No!". Such reality led to funny situations when mujahadeens from Afghanistan who were fighting Soviets for years were answering "No". Back then people were coming to America because they were fed up with communism. There were some small percentages of economic migrants, like always, but most of the people left everything they had at home and went for America!

They are now American citizens and they will never vote for communism in America.

MaverickNH, teaser452, mibro and 3 others like this.
  15. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

My admittedly limited experience with US citizens of former communist nations is they hate communism, love America but espouse communist thinking. Almost like they're all for communism as long as it's a western government that's running the show.

mibro and Jason Flare like this.
  16. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Let's make sure we understand the lesson learned here! Madeleine Albright, slave of Hillary, who is now traveling all around the world promoting liberal hate behind our backs decided 20 years ago to bomb 14 targets in Serbia. This non-sense decision costed American taxpayers few billions $ and it led to artificial creation of " an independent" entity called Kosovo. This Kosovo is now controlled by you know who. How did we react to that fact? We have dragged to international courts many Serbs and some Croats and only very few Albanians in order to accuse them from war crimes. We have broken all international treaties and we have broken our own NATO rules. We came to that "bombing decision" in few days. We were never called to any court and nobody here remembers what we have done 20 years ago anymore.

Yet, we are all alarmed when we see one lady taking guns from all men in few days.

Constitution becomes a paper when nobody is defending it. We can say "AISG" but what was so great we have done lately? Anybody?

17. xtry51

xtry51

I had an older physics teacher in HS that hated Stalin with a vengence I'd never seen before. Most of her extended family was killed in WWII and by the government right after it ended. A group of us actually traveled to Russia with her in 1999 to see St Petersburgh and Moscow.

NHCraigT likes this.
  18. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Wait for Boris! [slap]

You think like this because you did not pay attention. Yes, they are some who would fit the profile you have outlined here, but the great majority can teach you about communism if you will only STFU, put down your phone and pay attention.

Since you represent a different opinion, please, give me few examples which would support your statement. Maybe we will correct your opinion together. [cheers]

19. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Communism has nothing to do with the country, as you can clearly see now. Communism is a religion. Once it is accepted, countries and people in them die.
    Communism did not die, it only metastasized in America and Europe after it tricked us. Communism is actually growing and the country we owe $, China, is a communist country with "human face". This human face is what Bernie and his bunch of idiots call Green New Deal. Green New Deal is nothing else but death to our lifestyle and out believes. Bernie and AOC will be all eaten by their own communist believers just like Stalin was.....

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  20. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

U.N. rights forum condemns Israel over deadly Gaza protests | Reuters

The vote was 23 states in favor, 8 against, with 15 abstentions and one delegation absent.

vote.jpg

Voting against the move were Australia, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Fiji, Hungary, and Ukraine. Sixteen countries abstained, including India, Iceland, Italy, Denmark, and the United Kingdom.

human.jpg

21. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

Mostly not having a good understanding of the bill of rights and why its important, being ok with extensive gov services and benefits and imo being too accepting of government control of every little aspect of everyday life.
    (I'm paraphrasing to try to avoid writing a book via phone)
    -"why cant the police just stop people and check their stuff/cars? Too much drugs, crime,etc. I have nothing to hide they can check me..."
    -"crazy that people have guns, why do they need them? Police and army should have guns but that's it."
    -"gov has plenty of money, they should pay for xyz"

FWIW ppl I'm referencing are Bosnian, Cuban, Chinese and Cambodian. Pretty common among the Hispanics I've come across as well. Bosnian was more accepting of firearm ownership but kind of fuddy. Hispanics tend to be more "gov should pay for everything " types in my experience.

10thSFFD and Jason Flare like this.
  22. cmcgraw2

cmcgraw2 NES Member

10thSFFD likes this.
  23. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

24. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

I agree with you. You see only one sample, though.

Communism was producing refugees to America from 1918. America also took many "progressive democrats" who were victims of the communist brutality. Cambodia is such an example. We all saw "Killing Fields". That was a pure killing over there and we have taken everyone we could get.

I have a very limited experience with Cubans, Chinese and Cambodians. I have trained Vietnamese back then and I think LA riots show that they may be thinking differently than others. :)

Bosnia is very specific. I will not comment on it any further.

My experience is with Russians, Ukrainians, Polish, Slovaks, Croats, Serbs, Afghans, Syrians, Hungarians, Germans. I do not think they want communism here!

People will always have different opinions about government. Some like strong government and some want no government. That is not a communism. Communism starts when you go and take what is not yours.

headednorth likes this.
  25. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

26. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

That is not what media is telling us:
    Imam Tells New Zealand: ‘We Are Not Broken’
    Fouda also acknowledged New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern for “Holding our families close and honoring us with a simple scarf. He said the prime minister’s leadership was “a lesson for the world.”

Women around New Zealand wore headscarves Friday to show their support and respect for the Muslim community.

Reuters reports that female police officers at the outdoor service also donned headscarves and wore a red rose on their uniforms.

Ardern has been swift in her reaction to the bloody attack on the mosque.

Weapons ban

She imposed an immediate ban on all military-style semi-automatic and automatic assault rifles.

The ban, which the prime minister announced Thursday in Wellington, includes high-capacity magazines, which can hold multiple rounds of ammunition, and accessories that can convert ordinary rifles into fast-acting assault rifles. Ardern said she imposed the sales ban to prevent stockpiling and that a complete ban on the weapons would be implemented after new laws take effect.

Ardern also announced a large-scale buyback scheme to encourage owners of such weapons to surrender them to authorities. She said the government could spend up to $140 million to buy back guns from owners who turn them in. The military and police would be exempt, as would pest control businesses. New Zealand police said on their website a “transitional period” would allow people to turn in their guns without penalty.

Parliament is expected to approve the proposed laws when it reconvenes in mid-April.

Authorities have charged 28-year-old Australian Brenton Harrison Tarrant with murder in connection with the March 15 attacks on the al-Noor and Linwood mosques. The self-proclaimed white nationalist did not enter a plea in his initial court appearance the day after the attack. His next court appearance is April 5.

27. teaser452

teaser452

What you say is true in my experience.

The problem with our current wave of illegals invading the country is that many of not most of them are here for the free stuff. They intend to go home eventually. They send their paychecks home and live in rooms with a dozen other people.

I knew a Brazlian dishwasher back a few years ago at the local watering hole I would frequent after work. I got to know him. He said he loved his home. But there was no work, at least no work that paid as well as washing dishes at a bar (!!!). Anyway, each week he sent his paycheck home and his wife bought another cow. His plan was to go home after a year and be a land owner with lots of cows.

The problem is, we need guys like that. But he wasn’t able to get his wife in legally and, frankly, he liked Brazil better. I’ve never been, so I can’t say whether he is right or not. His choice. To each his own.

I do know this. If I had found myself born in one of those shitholes, I’d do all I could to get my wife and kids to America, ASAP, legally or not.

If Europe had a land route to America, those refugee camps would have emptied quick as they simply would run across the border. Entering through a port and getting on a ship are things that are a bit more complicated.

xtry51 and 10thSFFD like this.
  28. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Egyptian Teenager's Actions Save Schoolchildren from Italy Bus Attack | Egyptian Streets

An Egyptian teenager was revealed to have aided and saved 51 schoolchildren in Milan when a bus driver hijacked the vehicle and set it on fire.

Quick-thinking Ramy Shehatah, a 13 year old, hid his phone when the driver had taken the other students’ phones and managed to make a call asking for assistance while feigning to pray in Arabic while he contacted his father who then contacted police authorities.

The driver, 47-year-old Ousseynou Sy, an Italian of Senegalese origin, had hijacked the vehicle, removed the hammers to break glass and doused the bus in petrol as his plan was to set the school bus on fire.

The incident occurred on Wednesday; Shehatah’s efforts were essential to the rescue of the abducted as he gave instructions of the bus’ location.

BBC reports that Sy had told the students that no-one would survive the attack which he was carrying out in protest for African migrant deaths at sea.

Italian police forces located the bus, forced it to stop and broke the rear glass windows to remove the children from danger.

Shehatah, who was born in 2005 in Italy despite not having official citizenship documentation, was hailed as a “hero” by his classmates.

“My son did his duty, it would be nice if he got Italian citizenship now,” he told the news agency. “We would love to stay in this country. When I met him yesterday I hugged him hard,” said Shehata’s father as per Italian news agency, Ansa.

In a bid to reward Shehata, the office of Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini said it would speed up his citizenship acquisition process.

“The Interior Ministry is ready to take on the expenses and speed up the procedures to recognize citizenship for the little hero. The hope is to attribute [… ]citizenship to Ramy and remove it from the bus driver,” said a statement from the interior ministry.

Jason Flare likes this.
  29. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Yes. This is now. I agree.

We have opened the house and the rest of the world thinks we are having some unsupervised yard sale. They come, check out the goods, and when they see no price, and no one is watching over them, they just take what they need and leave.

30. Bfatz

Bfatz

Coyote33, Horrible, 10thSFFD and 3 others like this.