1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Witnesses say many dead, injured in shooting at New Zealand mosque

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reptile, Mar 14, 2019.

1. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Let's see our own track record:

Iran - we got involved = hijab
    Iraq - we got involved = hijab
    Afghanistan - we got involved = hijab

xtry51 likes this.
  2. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Nothing! You will pack your bags and leave. That is exactly what I have done and I do not mind repeating it.

Jason Flare likes this.
  3. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

So where do you go? There really aren't many alternatives that remain.

4. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

You will go where they will need you again. You will go where nobody wants to go yet, and you will get few decades of a good life over there. Do not look for countries, they are all screwed up, look for areas where you can still make a difference. There are plenty of areas like that left in Spain, Eastern Europe, Austria, Portugal......I am not a hero who plans on fighting stupids over here.

5. 308rifleman

308rifleman

Down the rabbit hole, somewhere in Paradise.
    The countries that you mentioned are not gun-friendly at all. Expect red tape, required licenses that are difficult to obtain and inspections by police, restrictions on carrying, restrictions on caliber, etc. For example, Spain prohibits semiauto military-caliber rifles, so no .308 or .223. Portugal limits handgun calibers to .32 ACP or smaller. Be careful about trading the frying pan for the fire.

The5thDentist and Jason Flare like this.
  6. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

You have misunderstood my post. There are no gun friendly countries anymore. That is the fact. But, as I said, there are areas where you can still live according to YOUR OWN RULES and you will be left alone. That is what I am after. One area just like that used to be New Hampshire.

When commies will take over Americas playing by rules will become collaboration. I never played by commie rules.

7. durask

durask

Those who do not agree are silent because in the current climate if you open your mouth you will be immediately fired, ostracized, tarred and feathered.

Coyote33 likes this.
  8. Coyote33

Coyote33

This needed repeating.

So much truth here! We had two kids, and wanted more, but decided that was all we could afford. Little did we know we could have as many as we want, and just let everyone else pay for them. I am saddened thinking I could have a nice family of 4 kids but opted not to, though realizing I am blessed to have such awesome kids.

It should be the EXACT 180* of that! Who will go first? The sheriffs in Colorado?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Jktu-B, wahsben and 10thSFFD like this.
  9. DarkNet

DarkNet NES Life Member NES Member

Not sure how you added it to this thread, as my post was in another thread. It was in response to mention of a few computer languages. My post mentioned four more, Assembly, GO, SWIFT and RUBY.

10. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Dems will be chasing Trump to the grave instead of providing solutions. Maybe we do not want them to provide solutions like Green New Turd, but if I would be them, I would ask how come families on welfare tend to have more kids supported by government than families not on welfare. This disparity will eventually tax any system. Thinking that they are getting more voters out of the sheep on welfare is misleading because these people do not know what are elections and they have a tough time to get to their own appointments.

Jktu-B, buckfarack and Nick Fury like this.
  11. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Thats why many social welfare programs include voter awareness and even transportation if nessessary. Not much different than a trip to Social Security or a med provider...

12. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

Go listen to Brigitte Gabriels accounts of islam

13. AHM

AHM NES Member

Doubtless another Tragic Forum Global Post Quote Buffer Accident.

drgrant, DarkNet and Jason Flare like this.
  14. Coyote33

Coyote33

Probably, but I get what he meant now anyhow. Been battling a wicked cold since Saturday. I think it is one step short of the flu.

AHM likes this.
  15. AHM

AHM NES Member

Well, it's how I chose to interpret the ambiguity, anyhow.
    (But it's a good thing to consider even if he meant something different).
    It sucks to be interested in an issue,
    but distracted by something (illness, work, life, ...).
    Get well soon.

16. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

Yes. What AHM said.

Get well soon Coyote.

AHM likes this.
  17. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

I watched my ex mother in law and other family members do this for years (she's dead now): She'd stay here the requisite 180 something days in order to maintain their green card and go back to the home country for the remainder of the year while her benefits were deposited electronically. She collected SSDI as well as EBT and had medicare/medicaid. She'd come back to the US when she had a doctor appointment. She died of cancer, zero out of pocket expense for a couple of surgeries, chemo plus end of life care (all at an Ivy League teaching hospital). I had cancer two years ago and maxed my out of pocket expenses a couple of years in a row, to the tune of around $18k plus time out of work and other expenses. The thing is, there was nothing to report her for because it was legal, that's the problem. She got her citizenship a couple of years before her death and when there were immigration protests on TV a few years back with people waving Mexican flags she would yell at the TV about how they were degenerates, how dare they. An uglier soul, I have never encountered.

10thSFFD and Jktu-B like this.
  18. whatluck

whatluck

QFMFT. It's your duty as an American at that point to resist. Otherwise you're a soy-drinking limpwristed daylady.

Horrible, Reptile and 10thSFFD like this.
  19. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Welcome to Australian Soviet Union:
    FAQ: Australia’s new ‘abhorrent violent material’ laws
    This is what happens when nation elects idiots to destroy what was built for centuries.

New Australian Law Targets Social Media Companies Showing Violent Content

According to the law, which passed overwhelmingly Thursday, social media companies would be fined 10 percent of their global annual turnover if material deemed "abhorrent violent material" is not taken down quickly, and its executives could face as much as three years in prison. Abhorrent violent material is defined as acts of murder, terrorism, torture or rape.

The legislation was drafted in response to the March 15 shooting deaths of 50 worshippers at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, which the suspected gunman, Australian white supremacist Brenton Harris Tarrant, livestreamed over Facebook. The footage was widely shared over the popular U.S.-based platform before it was taken down. Facebook said it removed as many as 1.5 million videos of the attacks in the first 24 hours afterward.

The new law was drafted and passed in the final days of the parliamentary session, prompting criticism by some lawmakers and digital advocates that it was rushed without proper hearings. Sunita Bose, the director of the Digital Industry Group, which represents Facebook, Google and Twitter, issued a statement saying the issue "is a highly complex problem that requires discussion" with technology and legal experts.

Arthur Moses, the head of the Australian Law Council, the nation's top lawyers' group, said the law could lead to some "unintended consequences," including media censorship and muzzling people from calling attention to various wrongdoing.

friend.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  20. xtry51

xtry51

Guarantee the first thing it is used for is to pull down videos showing government use of violence, such as police brutality.

Boris, KBCraig, Nick Fury and 2 others like this.
  21. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

22. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  23. xtry51

xtry51

Lol. Good luck cracking down on 1000 gang members who openly tell everyone they aren't going to comply.

Horrible, Cipher, 10thSFFD and 2 others like this.
  24. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Now we know the entire process:

1. Register them and finger print them. Call it " a common sense".
    2. Ask them to register their purchases. Just in case you are evaporated by unknown space force.
    3. Notify them that some purchases in the past are no longer legal and call them "potential felons". Execute Maura's Massage Step #1.
    4. Order them to bring all their toys. To protect children!
    5. If they show you a finger upgrade their status from felons to gang members. Activate nuclear watch option!
    6. Now you are not terrorizing citizens, you are fighting gang members! Concerned public will understand your terror better!
    [thumbsup]

Let's see how many NEW gang members Green New Zealand will get in the next few months.[popcorn]

25. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

26. strangenh

strangenh NES Member

The "hand them back" language is infuriating. They weren't given, loaned, etc. They were purchased, and not from the government.

The "buyback" language in the US is similarly awful. Manipulative messaging. It's (intentionally) reminiscent of "Ok, you've had your fun, now put away the toys" schoolmarmy language. Utterly condescending. Utterly manipulative of the public discourse.

27. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

NHCraigT likes this.
  28. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Yesterday, New Zealand became a penal colony again:
    Parliament overwhelmingly votes for tougher new gun laws in wake of Christchurch terrorist attacks

The final vote came in at 119 for the amendment and one against.

The changes to New Zealand’s gun laws are set to include a ban on semi-automatic weapons and military style semi-automatics, a ban on parts, magazines and ammunition that could be used for modification into a semi-automatic and a ban on pump-action shotguns with more than a five shot capacity.

The amnesty period for unlawful weapons, magazines and ammunition to be handed in will be until September 30.

It is anticipated the gun law reform will become law on Friday.
    -----------

It takes less than one week to convert democracy into a tyranny. It was never any different! Take a note!

Jason Flare and Nick Fury like this.
  29. cockpitbob

cockpitbob NES Member

Never waste a good crisis.

Jason Flare, xtry51 and 10thSFFD like this.
  30. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Were they ever a real democracy ?
    The UK pretends they are until push comes to shove and then the real nature of their government comes out.

10thSFFD and Nick Fury like this.