With a NH Nonresident license, can I buy guns there?

You can buy a long gun now in New Hampshire, even without the non-resident license, as long as you have a Mass LTC. Handguns are another matter - even with the non-res license, you can't buy direct from a NH dealer (or individual) without going through a Massachusetts FFL (ie, set up a transfer). The problem there, of course, is that if the gun is not on the Mass "Approved Firearms Roster," or does not meet the AG's requirements, the Mass FFL will not be able to sell it to you - so it's best to check ahead.

The NH non-res license does give you the ability to conceal-carry in NH, so that's a good thing.

Don't forget that if you do buy a long gun from outside Mass, it is YOUR responsibility to fill out the FA-10 and mail it to the state within 7 days.

Another word of caution...

Make sure that any long gun you buy in another state, is either in "pre-ban" or "post-ban" configuration. Possession of "no-ban" guns in MA will result in a felony.

Adam

As the others have stated, your NH concealed carry license has no impact on what you can or cannot buy in NH. All it does is let you carry concealed in NH (and in other states that recognize it).

When my son (NH resident) bought his pistol in a NH gun shop, they
asked for his driver's license. They didn't care about his pistol license.

Shemp said:
I have applied for my NH non res license and I'm curious, does that allow me to purchase a gun in New Hampshire?

"When my son (NH resident) bought his pistol in a NH gun shop, they
asked for his driver's license. They didn't care about his pistol license."

Probably because the pistol license is needed only for concealed carry, not mere possession.

Scrivener said:

Probably because the pistol license is needed only for concealed carry, not mere possession.

Why in God's name don't I live in NH?

dreppucci007 said:
Scrivener said:

Why in God's name don't I live in NH?

Most of us ask the same question. [lol]

Nickle said:
And I keep asking why more of you don't live in free states like NH or VT.

The Burlington area up here has adequate employment opportunities.

Yeah...but there's all that....snow....ick. I need a warmer clime. [wink]

Lynne said:
Nickle said:
And I keep asking why more of you don't live in free states like NH or VT.

The Burlington area up here has adequate employment opportunities.

Same here. As beautiful as VT and NH are, I'm headed south and perhaps west, when I can finally escape the people's republic,

Lynne said:

Yeah, especially right now, when you've got double or triple what we have.

I've done warmer, it doesn't like me, except for out West, and that wouldn't work for other reasons.

Back
Top Bottom