Wisconsin blogger sounding off . . .

I thought perhaps some others would like to know of the trouble other states are having with carry permits. I never knew that there were two states that wouldn’t allow their citizens to carry…is this true, what is the other state, Hawaii?
mousebar.gif

no_guns.jpg

12 Jan

Concealed Carry — But they told us it would be a return to the Wild West

Here in Wisconsin, one of only two states in the nation that does not allow law abiding citizens to exercise our US and Wisconsin Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms to defend ourselves, they tell us about all if the evil thing that will happen if law abiding citizens are allowed to carry a gun. They can never point to any actual instance of these bad things happening, but they assure us that it will, because they have no trust in Wisconsin’s citizens.

Then a story like this one comes along, and you can just imagine them running around the room with their hands over their ears yelling “la, la, la, la… I can’t hear you… la, la, la, la” as they refuse to accept the facts.

Michigan sees fewer gun deaths — with more permits

Six years after new rules made it much easier to get a license to carry concealed weapons, the number of Michiganders legally packing heat has increased more than six-fold.

But dire predictions about increased violence and bloodshed have largely gone unfulfilled, according to law enforcement officials and, to the extent they can be measured, crime statistics.

The incidence of violent crime in Michigan in the six years since the law went into effect has been, on average, below the rate of the previous six years. The overall incidence of death from firearms, including suicide and accidents, also has declined.

http://badgerblogger.com/?p=6442

Last edited:
I believe the other state that does not allow carry by citizens is Illinois.

These 2 states should look at the other 48 who have very little (if any)problems with law abiding citizens and guns!this is why none of us gunnies will EVER move there![smile]

Every time there is a proposal to ease a gun restriction of any kind the response is always the same from the gun grabbers. "There will be Wild West shootouts and blood running in the streets". It's never happened but it's still the reason they always give even if there is nothing to base it on. It's called fear mongering. They try to scare people into opposing whatever the proposal is. Apparently they don't seem to care if they have to tell out right, bold faced lies to try and bring people to their side of the argument.

Were there even Wild West shootouts in the Wild West? Not talking duels, as I understand that was a socially-acceptable way of settling disputes in that day and age until the advent of the lawsuit.

Were there even Wild West shootouts in the Wild West? Not talking duels, as I understand that was a socially-acceptable way of settling disputes in that day and age until the advent of the lawsuit.

There was actually a book that came out a few years back that claimed that the "Wild West" really wasn't. It said a lot of the reputation of the west being place where there were constant shootouts and such came from the media and novelists who blew out of all proportion the things that really happened. I guess some things never change. Wish I could remember the name of the book.

one of only two states in the nation that does not allow law abiding citizens to exercise our US and Wisconsin Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms to defend ourselves
For all practical purposes a lie, as persons in HI, NJ, most urban parts of CA and a bunch of other may-issue states will attest.

Illinois is the one . . .

Boy was I ever wrong… USMC109 had it right with Illinois being the state, other than Wisconsin, that doesn’t allow carry. I have posted a graph of sorts from Wikipedia that shows the different states and the way things have changed for the better for the legal gun owner through a number of years (1986 thru 2006). Things are looking up…GENERALLY!!!
div255.gif

Rtc.gif

Back
Top Bottom