winter carry? gloves?

was carrying the other night and had a pair of thin leather gloves on. later on I realized that besides the added difficulty of getting it out of my itw holster, I could barley get my finger on the trigger. What do you guys do to solve this? is this where the fingerless glove came from?

Since you already have sufficient good information, I'll toss out these solutions, no longer legal to use!

http://throk.net/blog/277/awesome-antique-quotspyquot-guns-ring-guns-pen-guns

Glove Gun
image2.png

Ring Gun
image3.png

Sleeve Gun
image4.png

Sorry, I don't follow.
In other words, not carrying because something slows you down is not the correct solution... Saying you won't carry because clothes or gloves result in a less than stellar reaction time fails to recognize that there are many possible scenarios in which your slowed reaction time will be "good enough"...

It's like saying that until you can hit a 10 ring shot every time on a quick draw from holster, you won't bother carrying a gun...

"perfect is the enemy of good [enough]" is a phrase used in many engineering realms as a recognition that often times a perfectly adequate solution is made ineffective, abandoned or made much more costly by virtue of tinkering trying to get it "perfect".

Would the first combustion engine have been made if the builder were concerned about getting 100% combustion of the fuel?

OK here's a thought for all the guys and galls that say you rarely wear gloves. I wonder whats a faster draw, a gloved hand, or one thats stiff and cold from being out in the elements? just a thought maybe mystbusters should take a look. but thanks to everybody for all the glove links.

OK here's a thought for all the guys and galls that say you rarely wear gloves. I wonder whats a faster draw, a gloved hand, or one thats stiff and cold from being out in the elements? just a thought maybe mystbusters should take a look. but thanks to everybody for all the glove links.

I'd guess a gloved hand, although it would be interesting to find out. I rarely wear gloves because I don't spend much time outdoors when it's cold. My time outdoors consists of the time spent quickly walking from my car to a building or vice versa. The cold air is my enemy and I flee it with haste, so I don't even take the time to put gloves on. I just get my a$$ inside, lol.

Back
Top Bottom