• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WINNER of the Karma for my Collector buddies

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
I figured I would pick the winner tonight so that whom it ever it is would be able to make plans to go to Holbrook to pick the rifle up and complete the paperwork. I used a very scientific method to choose the winner. I had my daughter put all the names in a bowl and pick one..............and the winner is: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maninblue1861
CONGRATULATIONS[party]

I have an offer for folks of the collectors group here on NES. If you have a Mosin, or want to start collecting Mosins, both Russian and Finn captured I am offering a way for folks to add to a collection or to start a collection.
Now I am depending on the honor system here.

And as an extra bonus I left some cosmoline on it for you to clean. The bayonet is not shown but it is included. The wood is perfect, no dent or cracks, the bore is pristine and there are plenty more inspector marks all over the rifle. I got lazy and stopped taking pictures.

If you want a 91 or 91/30 rifle , I will be choosing the rifle, folks will have to write a short reason posted on the thread as to why they would want this rifle...Hows this sound? Also is this OK Ray? This Karma is for NES green members of the Mil Surp Collectors ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The winner can take possession at the Holbrook gun show, or pay shipping costs to their FFL

ALL STATE AND FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS APPLY.

Last edited:
That is awesome! Count me IN. [grin]

I need your Mosin Nagant M91 to fill a gaping hole in my collection!

Mosin_Nagants.jpg

See the empty spot? I need your help!

55_grain

Last edited:
Public statement or PM? You Mosin types extoll the virtues of a Finn M39 as the best there is. I'd like to see you convince a dedicated Mauser guy.

Cool thought.

[cheers]

MS

Who are members of "mil surplus collectors"? I have posted here and have a c&r I dont know that that qualifies as Im not a regular? Would you like a short reason via pm or posted in the thread?

either way, nice Karma!

Who are members of "mil surplus collectors"? I have posted here and have a c&r I dont know that that qualifies as Im not a regular? Would you like a short reason via pm or posted in the thread?

either way, nice Karma!

posted in the thread

more pictures

Last edited:
Dear Santa,

I would like you to give me your Mosin because I only have 6 and it is my dream to have as many as some of the other people on this board, (yes Martin I am talking about you). Thank you.

LOL Just joking I am good with what I have. I like the idea of it going to a someone who does not have one. It would be nice to spread the fever. :)

I need a Mosin because I have a pile of 7.62x54r ammo, and a worn out Chinese Type 53 carbine that needs a big brother, (more like a morally superior cousin) to keep him company in the safe. I have a C&R license too.

I have an offer for folks of the collectors group here on NES. If you have a Mosin, or want to start collecting Mosins, both Russian and Finn captured I am offering a way for folks to add to a collection or to start a collection.
Now I am depending on the honor system here.

If you want a 91 or 91/30 rifle , I will be choosing the rifle, folks will have to write a short reason posted on the thread as to why they would want this rifle...Hows this sound? Also is this OK Ray? This Karma is for NES green members of the Mil Surp Collectors ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL STATE AND FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS APPLY.

Sounds good to me. Might just want to list how the winner can take possession of the rifle.

I don't know if I qualify but what the hell might as well try. What's the worst that could happen you say no.

I have been himmin and hawning over getting a mosin, it seems everytime I want to get one somthing comes up and it just doesn't happen. The usual stuff eats up my mosin money like bills beer and college girls at the bar. I would like to receive your rifle because I recently got rid of my only bolt action rifle and I didn't think I would have such a soft spot for it and miss it as much as I do. I need to fill that dark hole in my heart where a bolt action rifle once was.

I have longed for a Moisin since my service days during the cold war. All I was ever able to obtain was a Chinese Norinco Carbine that had been arsenal refinished. I am almost ashamed to admit I own it. I know I could purchase one on the cheap but in these trying times I have used all my money on beer and porkrinds that I am hording for the zombie apocolypse. No not for me, for the zombies to keep them busy while I run away because I don't have a Moisin to shoot them with!!!

In please...

In. because I have yet to buy or even shoot a Mosin. For some reason I have only been accumulating Mausers in 7x57 and 8x57 and every milsurp collection needs at least 1 Mosin. If I win it could be a reason for my collection to expand to Russian and Finnish bolt rifles. Plus the ammo seems cheaper than shooting my Mausers.

In please. For a short while, I had a '43 Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 that I bought off of a friend a year and half ago when he was in need of money. I loved everything about that rifle and knew that I wanted to start collecting different variants. My friend got back on his feet about 3 months later and I could tell he regretted selling the rifle (it was his first Mosin), so I sold it back to him. Ever since Ive been meaning to start my own collection, but between going to college at MMA and feeding my RC Mauser k98 and SKS's it's been hard to cough up the money for it.

Thanks for the great karma!

In Please, I bought a 91/30 a while back and highly modified it, I always thought it would be cool to be able to display the original right next to it. Kind of a before and after in history.

In.

I'm a dedicated "Mauser Man." I do have a matching '39 Izzy I got to round out my WWII collection, but I am not impressed with it. Various posts from the "Mosin Types" here extoll the virtues of the M39 Finn as the best example of the type. I would like to literally put that to the test against my Mauser stable. I have also been fascinated by some of the recent posts on historical pieces; Czarist dragoon receivers rebuilt into Finn stocks, and Remington/Westinghouse M91 Contracts.

MS

You sir are a true gentleman! If I win there is a 6 pack of my famous Pumpkin home brew in it for you...Heck its yours even if I don't win!!

I'm not In Fred, as I own an M91/30 so let someone else who'd never owned a Mosin win this one. This is an awesome karma though! Just curious, when you said:

This Karma is for NES green members of the Mil Surp Collectors ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were you referring to the NES "group" that you have to be "allowed" into? I forgot about the groups on here like the one where everyone shares recipes? Did those groups disappear when NES switched to the current format or am I just too stupid to find them? I remember wanting to join the "milsurp collectors" group when I first joined here but no one ever got back to me on it. What gives man?! ;)

I am entering this Karma with the intention of growing my mil-sup collection. I have dabbled in different rifles from different countries and wars. The Mosin was an extremely well built rifle with a great history of service to its owners. I would like to be able to own one for myself and see how well I can handle it accurately. If for any reason at any time I would be looking to get rid of the rifle I will gladly re-donate it to another member here to continue the excellent karma you had started. Thanks for the chance and very kind of you.

I would love to have a Mosin to keep my very lonely one I bought a few months ago, I can hear it cry at night! I give it a good cleaning and extra oil but to no avail, it is soooooooooooo sad, please give it a brother!

Ok, well Ill call in...

I would like a second Mosin because im an idiot. I applied for a C&R to make it easier to collect as many battle rifles from WW2 as I could. I had 1 grandfather with a tank destroyer unit in Germany and another on Iwo Jima as an aircraft mechanic for the navy. I have always been facinated by history, but specificly the WW2 era.

My 91/30 was my 1st purchase, as it seemed an inexpensive way to start. I knew nothing ( read my posts and youll discover I still know nothing! ) I called up a nice C&R dealer and they sent me out my Mosin. It became a regular on range trips, and I honestly really enjoyed shooting it. But yes, Im an idiot. While at the range with the Mosin I was called home by my wife with a family matter, the rifles that were with me that day were shoved in the safe and more or less forgotten about for over a month while things were taken care of at home.....

Well, the ammo I purchased that was sold as "non corrosive" was.... and corroded it is. Ive cleaned,scrubbed,shot ect ect but its just not the same ( poor old girl ) Over 80 years that rifle had been fine, until it met me...

Leason learned. guns always get cleaned BEFORE going back in the safe, and always assume the ammo is corrosive unless I've personally tested it.

My original 91/30 still sits in my safe next to my small but growing collection, and I regularlly "show it off" when showing others my WW2 collection. I have many friends that that has been the 1st firearm theyve ever handled, and along with my entire milsurplus collection has done a good job of changing a few peoples minds on "guns"

Dan

Last edited:
What a Fantastic Karma, Thank you! I didn't know there are certain groups you could join, where would I be able to find the sign-up?

I'd very much like to be in, My Reason: My father was looking at purchasing a rifle, and when he asked me about my opinion I suggested the Mosin. There's something about the mil-surp firearms that seem to a have an allure, maybe its the build quality, or the history of the firearm, but they seem to have a charm, (I guess I have similar tastes in firearms as I do in Houses). In any case we researched the forum and found several reputable dealers in the area and made our purchase. Went home, cleaned it all up .... and there was a lot of clean-up required! But it worked out to our advantage as it gave us a chance to learn the inner workings of the rifle. Took it to the range and it performed flawlessly, we had an absolute blast and even though he has purchased several other rifles since, it remains our favorite.

Now I am looking for my first rifle and guess what I would like it to be ... the Mosin! It would be nice to shoot side by side.

Righteous gesture to bestow a Three-Line Rifle upon an NES Millsurp Collector member, brother. Rock on!

And my little statement of reason:

Please let this rifle go to any worthy recipient besides myself. Lord knows there are others in dire need. Amen. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom