• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester Model 1894 - Repair / Restoration

Hey all,

For my father's upcoming birthday I want to get his Winchester Model 94 (.38-55, mfg 1907) repaired/restored into shooting condition.

Right now it is missing a hammer pin/screw, so the hammer is "loose" in the receiver and the lever action jambs at about 1/4 operation (may or may not be related to the hammer pin/screw).

I dont know much about these guns, and since the action is jambed I can't really investigate the mechanics much.

Would really like to find someone in the New England area (preferrably RI/MA) who knows about these guns and might be able to do some work on it for me.

I have already been referred to the Winchester Collector's Forum, but was hoping to find someone more local in the meantime.

Thanks for any help you can give to bring this old gem back to life!

Also, should I be asking for some sort of paperwork/insurance from whichever gunsmith I have do the work? Something that insures my gun in the event that some unintended damages are incurred, etc? Is this normal practice for this line of business? I have never had any gunsmithing done before. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom