• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington Firearm & Knife Show 2013

Regular old gunshow: smelly people, crowded, jerky guy, check your carry piece at the door, lots of overpriced guns and accessories. Same as Marlboro.
Yep, sums it up. Same old MA compliant guns at fairly high prices, curios, milsurp. Most out of state vendors are paranoid of MA gun laws, I'm surprised you don't have to show a LTC to buy jerkey. Last year was like a giant flea market, ended up with a few magizines I was looking for but paid dearly for them. If you see something that you think is a good price, like ammo, buy it cause by the time you figure out you can't do any better in the building, they're sold out. And sometimes you need to dig around ,you never know what you'll find.

There are a few different vendors that I only see at this show, one of them being the other NY guy. I think his business is called 308ammo.com

doesnt seem to be a lot of conversation about this show. are people just uninterested or have people already decided that gun show season this year is pisser?

After the line situation at Marlboro, I'm thinking its not worth the trip. With the prices vendors ask
it mostly just for something to do with me anyways.

It's too bad we can't let the vendors know that it's their prices that are keeping customers away. Boycotts CAN be effective, but in a situation like this, it could backfire on us, in that they may pull out of future shows, thinking there is diminished interest.

It's too bad we can't let the vendors know that it's their prices that are keeping customers away. Boycotts CAN be effective, but in a situation like this, it could backfire on us, in that they may pull out of future shows, thinking there is diminished interest.

very true, I am planning on going since its closer, but I have little intent on purchasing anything-- unless an amazing deal slaps me across the face. I just try to make it to one or two shows a year to hang out with friends and take in the sights.

It's in my town so ill be going. It was pretty crowded last year will probably be double that this year. I hate huge crowds so i probably wont last long.

How much was a crate of 7.52x54r going for at Marlborough?

The "308ammo.com" AMMO4GUNS.COM guy, doesn't do Marlboro, but the other NY ammo guy was getting $200.00 a crate for 7.62x54R.

You better beat me there, I gotta alotta crap for cleaning him out @ Marlboro [laugh] .

He's bringing much more to this show because I asked him to.

Attachments

• Marlboro 7.62x54R.jpg
    Marlboro 7.62x54R.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 158
How much is this show ? Any way to score discounted tickets ? Senior Discount, maybe ? AAA? NRA?

How's parking ?

I should leave my CC home ?

They have a bunch of parking, but typically big events spill out onto the street.

If it's anything like marlborough, weren't they checking guns at the door?

I emailed RCN, who runs the Show, and asked them if CC was allowed.

They responded "Only unloaded....All guns are unloaded at the front door. We hold the ammo, you hold the gun..."

Sounds good. That's why I have an extra, empty mag.

I got a table there to avoid the line, so stop by to check out my Boston Police guns, just added two more, a 1892 Iver Johnson Swift and a 1872 S&W no 1 presentation to Officer F.W. Estes (BPD 1869-1893)

I like getting in a couple hours early to walk around.

If you have a Boston Police gun for sale, look me up!

I will be working the show. Its an OK show but the prices I am sure will be insane. Gun dealers cant find anything and the distributors have tripled their prices to dealers. Sometimes however like any other gunshow you may stumble upon something at a good price. If the prices seem to high you just keep waling. I have seen a Finn marked 91/30 that one dealer has and its price tag, $400. Its nothing rare but he thinks it is. Again gunshows are what you make of them. You can look around, see nothing, or find something which is worth the trip.
If you want a "REAL" gunshow buy yourself a plan ticket and go to one out west, like the one in Arizona at the end of this month. Once you attend one of those you wont look at what we call gunshows the same ever again.

I've given up on finding deals on guns or ammo at shows, I mainly go for obscure parts or accessories that have escaped the insane markups. Grip screws, sights, etc.

I picked up a spam can of 7.62x54 at a fair price last year in Wilmington.

That was last year. Brace yourself for current pricing.

Not 7.62x54R, last spring I paid as little as $175.00 a case, so given the increase of most other ammo, I don't think just over 2 ¢ per round is a big deal. Each wooden case is two spam cans.

Back
Top Bottom