• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington Firearm & Knife Show 2013

Right down the street. I go to window shop. Occasionally I get lucky with some random parts.

This year I'll be scouring for reloading components and books. Haven't had the need to look for those in years past.

Do they have Metal Detectors at the door, or is turning in your Ammo on an Honor System ?

They have a Wilmington cop that sits at a table at the entrance and checks in your ammo. Thats how they did it the last 2 years I went. I just walked right in and nobody asked me anything, I wasnt carrying either though.

Don't be "That Guy" - leave it in the car, at home or where ever before you decide not to unload before entering the show.

I'll play nice.

All it takes it one idiot to ruin things for everyone. I won't be that idiot.

Leaving a mag in the car is no big deal. Doesn't even need to be locked - just hidden.

Or you can go to one of the weekly ones in Florida. That state has a lot of them.

I'll probably skip this one as I sat next to a smelly guy on the flight down to Charlotte. My wife mentioned it and I told her I didn't have to bring her to a gun show because now she knows that they are like.

I will be working the show. Its an OK show but the prices I am sure will be insane. Gun dealers cant find anything and the distributors have tripled their prices to dealers. Sometimes however like any other gunshow you may stumble upon something at a good price. If the prices seem to high you just keep waling. I have seen a Finn marked 91/30 that one dealer has and its price tag, $400. Its nothing rare but he thinks it is. Again gunshows are what you make of them. You can look around, see nothing, or find something which is worth the trip.
If you want a "REAL" gunshow buy yourself a plan ticket and go to one out west, like the one in Arizona at the end of this month. Once you attend one of those you wont look at what we call gunshows the same ever again.

I don't go to gun shows because I've never heard anyone say anything good about them beyond, "Everyone once in a while if you dig and dig you might find a good deal." Huh. Sounds remarkably like watching classified ads and visiting local gun shops every once in a while. Thanks, but I'll pass.

If I did go, you can bet I wouldn't unload my carry gun. A) there is nothing to justify asking me to do so and B) I'm not legally required to do so - I have to leave if they catch me with my weapon loaded or risk trespassing charges, but I really don't see that as a likely scenario - half the people in there have an unloaded gun, so even if accidentally flash my gun or print it, it wouldn't look odd or case anyone to come and inspect.

Concealed means concealed.

doesnt seem to be a lot of conversation about this show. are people just uninterested or have people already decided that gun show season this year is pisser?

There will be so many tinfoilers in line the crowd will be horrendous, and the prices are guaranteed to be worse than usual, too.

-Mike

Don't be "That Guy" - leave it in the car, at home or where ever before you decide not to unload before entering the show.

Since when have holstered, concealed guns been a problem? BTW half the dealers on the floor have loaded guns on them, stupid policy aside.

-Mike

I'm going as usual cause you just never know what you might see heck there might be some dirty women there that wanna get busy in the parking lot you just never know

By the way if any dirty women are reading this that do wanna get busy in the parking lot I'll be the guy with the "74" tattooed on the back of my neck[smile]

I am hoping that people that haven't thought much about guns will be there and if they have a BPD marked Boston Police gun they want to sell it to me! [smile]

If I was going to go and have to wait in line I would go Sunday, the downside is that if you are looking for something specific it will be gone. I spend $80 for a table that gets two of us in for 2 days, 2 hours early. so it really is only $40 for the table as if I went without it it is $10 each to get in. Of course you need a sales tax license to get a table and have to be selling or buying.

I am hoping that people that haven't thought much about guns will be there and if they have a BPD marked Boston Police gun they want to sell it to me! [smile]

If I was going to go and have to wait in line I would go Sunday, the downside is that if you are looking for something specific it will be gone. I spend $80 for a table that gets two of us in for 2 days, 2 hours early. so it really is only $40 for the table as if I went without it it is $10 each to get in. Of course you need a sales tax license to get a table and have to be selling or buying.

I believe you can sell personal items without a sales tax license. Bring a couple of things you wouldn't mind if they went away, and get in early.

I got a table there to avoid the line, so stop by to check out my Boston Police guns, just added two more, a 1892 Iver Johnson Swift and a 1872 S&W no 1 presentation to Officer F.W. Estes (BPD 1869-1893)

I like getting in a couple hours early to walk around.

If you have a Boston Police gun for sale, look me up!

I remember your table from last year! It was pretty cool!

I'll probably go if only to keep an eye out for an old lanyard ring for my Colt New Army. I've been going every year since I was a kid so why not this year.

Too bad most dealers prices are too high at the shows. The last few I have gone to, the prices were crazy, yet when I shop around at my local dealers, the prices are actually cheaper. It used to be the other way around. I think your best bet is to shop around the local dealers, check their websites, call etc.. save yourself some time and money if you are looking for anything in particular. If you just want to browse for accessories, hard to find parts and rub elbows with smelly people, the shows are still good for that. But I will not attend all of them like I used to, not worth my time anymore.

I'll probably go if only to keep an eye out for an old lanyard ring for my Colt New Army. I've been going every year since I was a kid so why not this year.

Have you ever checked with the parts guy from Maine .Can't think of his name at the moment , usually in a plaid shirt with a old golf hat on .

Have you ever checked with the parts guy from Maine .Can't think of his name at the moment , usually in a plaid shirt with a old golf hat on .

Pete Gordon from 2nd Amendment Sports in Westbrook? I remember him because he had a very rare Roth Steyr charger, plus he always has a lot of parts. I just called him and he thinks he has those old Colt lanyards which he'll bring to the show, so it looks like I'll be going.

I always have a shopping list, but don't expect to find anything at a price I'd pay. Of course there's always the entertainment factor.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom