Wilmington Firearm & Knife Show 2013

I'm debating on going despite my need for the jerky. Anyone remember the name of the jerky guy? If I remember you can just order it online and that will save me from the smelly people at the show and the crowds.

im thinking of going, so I can carry my riffle. It doesnt get out much in the metro area too much. I am assuming we can bring firearms to this event, since sales to/from vendors will take place. Plus it will be good to have on hand in case I find some accessories there for it.

and should I get an offer for it, all the better..... although there is no way I am selling it.

Last edited:
If you're really going just so you can walk around with your rifle slung....you need to get out more.

im going to look for some replacement stocks and accessories, but yes, there are very few places around me where I can walk in public with my rifle. Unlike in Nevada, where I can do so, 10 miles out of city limits.

- - - Updated - - -

How much does it cost to get in?

dont see it on the site info... not much info other than location and vendor tables. maybe a call is in order. just called the promoters, got a pre-recorded message with no price info.

Last edited:
If you go, swing by the Mystic Valley Gun Club table and say hi. We'll have a good deal for prospective new members.

If you go, swing by the Mystic Valley Gun Club table and say hi. We'll have a good deal for prospective new members.

Any previews of the deal? I've been hemming and hawing over joining a club, and MVGC is the closest to me

Any previews of the deal? I've been hemming and hawing over joining a club, and MVGC is the closest to me

I ~think~ it's $100 off of the initiation fee but don't quote me on that.

If I did go, you can bet I wouldn't unload my carry gun. A) there is nothing to justify asking me to do so and B) I'm not legally required to do so - I have to leave if they catch me with my weapon loaded or risk trespassing charges, but I really don't see that as a likely scenario - half the people in there have an unloaded gun, so even if accidentally flash my gun or print it, it wouldn't look odd or case anyone to come and inspect.

Concealed means concealed.[/QUOTE]

Errrmmmm.....not quite true on B). Notices that no CC firearms are allowed carry the force of law....even at a gun show. That's not to say it's not completely counterintuitive and cockeyed....but you would in fact be "legally" required to comply. Defy at your own risk.

If I did go, you can bet I wouldn't unload my carry gun. A) there is nothing to justify asking me to do so and B) I'm not legally required to do so - I have to leave if they catch me with my weapon loaded or risk trespassing charges, but I really don't see that as a likely scenario - half the people in there have an unloaded gun, so even if accidentally flash my gun or print it, it wouldn't look odd or case anyone to come and inspect.

Concealed means concealed.

Errrmmmm.....not quite true on B). Notices that no CC firearms are allowed carry the force of law....even at a gun show. That's not to say it's not completely counterintuitive and cockeyed....but you would in fact be "legally" required to comply. Defy at your own risk.[/QUOTE]

Wut??

Errrmmmm.....not quite true on B). Notices that no CC firearms are allowed carry the force of law....even at a gun show. That's not to say it's not completely counterintuitive and cockeyed....but you would in fact be "legally" required to comply. Defy at your own risk.

Uh hum, unless I missed a new law, MA doesn't give that power to establishments. Only the government ( local, state, federal ) can define gun free zones that would result instantly in a criminal offense. If its posted no guns otherwise, you'll be asked to leave and any further issue will be trespassing, potentially "for life"

Concealed means concealed.

Errrmmmm.....not quite true on B). Notices that no CC firearms are allowed carry the force of law....even at a gun show. That's not to say it's not completely counterintuitive and cockeyed....but you would in fact be "legally" required to comply. Defy at your own risk.[/QUOTE]

Like firearms being concealed , some things don't have to be mentioned . Sorta makes more sense doesn't it ?

My 6 month old daughter loves gun shows, so I'll go for her sake. I've got a couple guns to sell, maybe I'll shop for some reloading components.

Just what I was afraid if, not sure if I want to wait in line for the leftovers later this morning...

Never been to this show, is it $10 to get in?

I'm going to go tomorrow when all the dealers are desperate and want to unload their inventory at unsane prices before the show ends rather than pack it up and take it home. SUCKERS! [laugh]

It's not that bad in here now. Definitely busy but it's not too hard to get around. Prices are what you would expect, but oddball stuff is OK and the jerky is good.

$11 with $1 off coupon. Show wasn't bad - picked up some small pistol primers. No line outside when I left around 10:45 . Long line inside to buy ammo.

If you go, do yourself a favor and buy some teriyaki jerky. Better/less dry than the Marlboro show.

Back
Top Bottom