• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will +10% springs make a Glock mag better?

Here is my situation. I would like to rebuild two Glock 23 mags. However, due to changes Glock has made to newer mag bodies I cannot have the latest followers (#8). I must stay with #5. This leaves me with only the spring to replace.

Should I go with a +10% magazine spring? Will this help? I hesitate to use non-Glock oem parts.

I will be picking up my G23 this week. I will get the preban mags sometime next week. Since the mags are used and new to me I want to rebuild them as soon as they arrive. And since I need to purchase new springs anyways I was not sure if stronger springs would benifit me.

The lack of being able to have the latest follower is a concern. I don't like the idea of placing my life in the hands of something that has been improved (i understand the improvment of newer followers represents only a slight update).

'Used' isn't a problem. 'Abused' could be.

I'd function test all the mags and then worry about rebuilds. Just take them apart and clean them.

I think you'll find that the mags are fine. Unless they have many thousand cycles in them, modern springs don't "go bad".

As for the +10 springs... More doesn't always = better. In fact, more can easily = Worse.

First of all, I don't think you can make a Glock mag "better". If you have a need to replace anything I would agree with Cross-X and keep things stock. Depending upon how many you have, it may be cheaper to ship them to Glock. For just the cost of postage down to them they will replace the internals and ship them back to you. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom