• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

wife will be applying for LTC-A

So I was hoping to get some tips.

I've read some on here already (Scirv's post) but just had a couple minor questions.

1 - My wife is a CPA. Will adding this to the app help?

2 - My wife is also a Controler to a car dealer and transports large sums of cash/checks to and from the store on her own, would putting this on the app help? Would she need some sort of proof that she does this? seeing she is the one in charge of the dealer... who the heck would she need to obtain that proof from?

3 - We live in Brockton (unfortunatley not the most gun friendly town).

4 - In my wife's 32 years, she has had 1 speeding ticket for going 10 miles over limit. Never ANYTHING else. She has her Masters degree, something insane like a 3.98 GPA (brainy type) and all... would it benifit her to include any of those facts?

Any help would be great. Thanks. [smile]

Last edited:
"I am an intelligent, professional woman who handles large amounts of money and live in a scary neighborhood and fear for my safety."

?

So I was hoping to get some tips.

I've read some on here already (Scirv's post) but just had a couple minor questions.

1 - My wife is a CPA. Will adding this to the app help?

2 - My wife is also a Controler to a car dealer and transports large sums of cash/checks to and from the store on her own, would putting this on the app help? Would she need some sort of proof that she does this? seeing she is the one in charge of the dealer... who the heck would she need to obtain that proof from?

3 - We live in Brockton (unfortunatley not the most gun friendly town).

4 - In my wife's 32 years, she has had 1 speeding ticket for going 10 miles over limit. Never ANYTHING else. She has her Masters degree, something insane like a 3.98 GPA (brainy type) and all... would it benifit her to include any of those facts?

Any help would be great. Thanks. [smile]

Would her academic background and unrelated really have an affect on her ability to handle/own a firearm?

I was debating the same but decided that it probably wasn't worth putting on the application.
I've been an EMT in two states, have a good employment history, have my bachelors degree... but I don't know if that necessarily would benefit me on the application.

I'm glad to hear that she's going for the license, Matt. I don't think her CPA job or the GPA will do much, but adding in that she carries money to the bank alone might.

"I am an intelligent, professional woman who handles large amounts of money and live in a scary neighborhood and fear for my safety."?

While far more concise and pertinent than anything containing irrelevancies about being a CPA, her GPA, etc., it is not specific enough.

As a comptroller who carries large sums of cash on a regular basis as part of her job, she has a very specific need to be armed. The letter should state that.

If she's carrying in Brockton, she has an even more specific need and the locations she carries from, to and through would be relevant.

Thanks for the help. That is what I was looking for.

Not to get into a "Title" battle with Scirvy. Her official title is "Controller". I know why you would assume "Comptroller" her being a CPA and all... but she actually oversees everything in the dealership, not just cash flow [wink]

Thanks again for the info though [smile]

Last edited:
Not to get into a "Title" battle with Scirvy [sic]. Her official title is "Controller". I know why you would assume "Comptroller" her being a CPA and all... but she actually oversees everything in the dealership, not just cash flow [wink]

Odd, but if that is her title, use it. The detailing of her duties is more important, however.

Odd, but if that is her title, use it. The detailing of her duties is more important, however.

Yes, main the detail of her transporting cash by herself should do it.

I know several people in Brockton that have their own businesses and got an APL (none under restrictions) because they simply stated that they carry large amounts of cash.

Funny... considering that the state does not allow for protection of property, but will give you an ALP if you carry large sums of cash. Yet to simply protect myself (which the state does allow) you can't [thinking] how effed up is that?

Funny... considering that the state does not allow for protection of property, but will give you an ALP if you carry large sums of cash. Yet to simply protect myself (which the state does allow) you can't [thinking] how effed up is that?

I think the reasoning behind that is they feel you do not have a need to protect yourself with deadly force unless you are a target because of valuables that you may be carrying. In this case cash.

That's what I was told...

I think the reasoning behind that is they feel you do not have a need to protect yourself with deadly force unless you are a target because of valuables that you may be carrying. In this case cash.

That's what I was told...

Could a woman claim her genitalia are "valuables"?

Don't expect anything even vaguely resembling logic to apply here. After all, we're already discussing applying for or issuing a license on the basis that one carries valuable property (which one has no legal right to protect with lethal force) since one's life and person (which one has an unquestionable right to protect with whatever force necessary) isn't a good enough reason to carry a gun. Forget it Jake; it's Chinatown.

Ken

ABsolutely talk about how she carries LONG amounts of $$$..... I as a business owner and do all the banking..along with being a Constable in Ma.. is the reason ,i believe, the chief is/will issue it to me!

Back
Top Bottom