WHY WE NEED AR15

I am watching C-Span on the gun control issue.
I think the people trying to write these bills need to go out and shoot these weapons to see why we need the AR15 for self defense.

They say a 12 gauge shotgun is a perfect choice for home defense. Why do you need an AR15. I will tell you why.

Have they fired a 12 gauge 870 Pump shotgun using buckshot(best defense round used by police and the FBI)?

IT HURTS after three or four shots! What if you have a phone in your hand calling 911. You need both hands to rack another round after each shot fired.

With an AR15 there is virtually NO recoil, you can effectively fire at accurately one handed.

If I was a 110 Lb mother defending her kids, the AR15 is the ONLY choice!

The 2nd amendment isn't (only) about home defense.
I know it isn't. I am just referring to what the argument was on CSpan a few minutes ago.
The question was "The 870 is NOT on any gun ban bill, so why couldn't people being worried about defending them selves need an AR instead of a 12 ga"

Because I am an American and want one.
This is the first answer and the correct answer, but unfortunately, I am coming around to the logic that we need to go ahead and engage in this debate.

Let's talk specifics because the rifle's values speak for themselves when you do.

Among the very few things the US government is good at, it is putting police and military in harm's way and bringing them back alive. It has learned a lot here.

So, its wisdom in this domain is well earned. It also matches up with those who don't live in a progressive bubble and have experienced some of the worst that real life has to offer.

When someone asks me why I need an AR15, I ask them "what will be the next major crisis in this country?". They can't answer that, so I tell them I'm not taking chances; I want an AR-15.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has pointed out how much more killy Biden's shotgun is than an AR15. If you load a shotgun with seven "00" buck shells, each of which contains about nine pellets/bullets, when he fires his shotgun seven times, he's launching 63 "bullets". When I fire my AR15 seven times, I only launch seven. Guess Biden is just a sick baby killer at heart.

My answer is that I don't need an AR-15.
I also don't need more than a 6 shooter to protect myself.

I also don't NEED to take the Lord's name in vain when I stub my toe.

I don't need to tell my wife that I love her.

I don't need to be free from unreasonable searches because I have nothing to hide.

I don't need to be free from having soldiers quartered in my residence because I have a spare bedroom and a large basement. I would actually let a squad crash here for the night if they asked me nicely.

I don't need due process of law or the right to remain silent right now, because I am not the defendent in any pending legal matters.

There are lots of freedoms that I enjoy that I do not NEED. I still want them though and will fight to protect them. Don't get sucked into the "need vortex" when debating libtards. The onus is on them to prove why we need to ban them. They know that there is no rational answer besides that "they are scary" so they try and put the burden of need on you. Don't fall for it.

Last edited:

I don't need to be free from unreasonable searches because I have nothing to hide.

I don't need to be free from having soldiers quartered in my residence because I have a spare bedroom and a large basement. I would actually let a squad crash here for the night if they asked me nicely.

I don't need due process of law or the right to remain silent right now, because I am not the defendent in any pending legal matters.

There are lots of freedoms that I enjoy that I do not NEED. I still want them though and will fight to protect them. Don't get sucked into the "need vortex" when debating libtards. The onus is on them to prove why we need to ban them. They know that there is no rational answer besides that "they are scary" so they try and put the burden of need on you. Don't fall for it.

⬆This is good.

My usual response is "Why shouldn't I have one? I'm a veteran (trained by the gov't to use a similar firearm so I'm familiar with it), a firefighter, mentally stable and haven't committed any crimes."

Or I just tell them I saw " Red Dawn" and want to be ready when we get invaded.

- Todd -

I'm surprised no one has pointed out how much more killy Biden's shotgun is than an AR15. If you load a shotgun with seven "00" buck shells, each of which contains about nine pellets/bullets, when he fires his shotgun seven times, he's launching 63 "bullets". When I fire my AR15 seven times, I only launch seven. Guess Biden is just a sick baby killer at heart.

Great comparison!! Buy your shot-shells now before the craze starts!!

Oh come on, if I'm going to go this route I would say,
1.) Politicians don't need campaign money.
2.) Politicians don't need $100,000 per year. I mean everything you get is paid by the state anyway!
3.) Politicians, and their staff, don't need to fly first class. Unfair burden on the taxpayers.
4.) Politicians don't need fancy dinners. Go get some Denny's or McDonalds!

2.) Politicians don't need $100,000 per year. I mean everything you get is paid by the state anyway!
3.) Politicians, and their staff, don't need to fly first class. Unfair burden on the taxpayers.

All true. You could make thousands of legitimate arguments like this. Bottom line, its the Bill of Rights, not the bill of "needs".

Technically, the first family is supposed to reimburse the tax payers for all food consumed in the private residence and while on unofficial trips as well at camp David.
( as I'm Certain the oscuma's do )

- - - Updated - - -

Why would he do that? They've all got trigger locks.
there are twice as many on that wall now, but the side by side 12 gauge isn't locked. F#>k 'em

Last edited:
I think 3 or 4 rounds of buckshot isn't going to hurt any more than 1 at reasonably close range. If anything, in the grand scheme of things, it would end you that much quicker, so it would probably hurt less.

Just ask the DHS:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...globe-reporter-tweeted-me-13.html#post2864157

They agree that the AR15 is a good "personal defense weapon"

The nonsense arguments to the contrary are based on TV/movie delusions of what risks people face. The reality is that a light rifle with a hi-cap magazine is a very good all around self defense weapon.

Don't forget, it is an "assault weapon" when it is in your hands and a "personal defense weapon" when it is in the government's hands. Just need to reinforce that idea that violence/force from the government is always legitimate while violence/force from a private citizen can never be legitimate.

When someone asks me I just tell them that the FBI and the Mass State Police say it's a safer choice than a handgun or shotgun for home defense. If they want to know more i give them a 1 minute ballistics lesson. That usually shuts them up. Or puts them to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom