Why is .22lr sold out everywhere? I never thought.

I have yet to have an issue finding 22lr, and I stacked it deep pretty early, and continue to do so - one brick at a time. People go to walmart or the lgs and don't see any and freak out. And, if you are not training with your 22lr, what the hell are you doing!

Since yesterday at noon I have been to Four Seasons (no 22LR available) and Dicks in Saugus (no 22LR). I found a decent selection at Collectors in Stoneham and picked up a brick of CCI target for $28 and a few boxes of Federal target at $5 a box - they did have a few other options, IIRC and they were stocking it as I came in, so I assume that was a shipment just arriving.

As of 30 minutes ago North Shore Firearms had the buckets of Remington Golden Bullet for $80 if you have a gun that will shoot it. Personally, I'd rather buy three bricks of CCI for $84 (1500 rounds) than a bucket of shitty GB at $80 for 1400 rounds. Maybe that's just me (not a slam on different store's pricing, BTW - just my preference for the actual rounds).

Took a trip up to vt only to be limited to 100 rounds of 22s. I did pick up 1000 small pistol primers. When to dicks in westside and nothing. Nothing at local shops either

In this day and age does it really matter?

Yes, since I have a brick of unplated 22LR already. I picked up Remington and Winchester today. North Shore was down to 2 325ct, Sports authority down to about 12 50ct boxes, and Walmart and none left. No 9mm at any of them. North shore has 12ga target loads, so that was a bonus.

I picked up 2k rounds on Monday. My LGS got in a good size ammo shipment I scored 2 bricks of blazer and two 525 round Winchester white boxes

Last edited:
On the other hand, when I get the trend for sex toys it seems just the opposite... These must be somehow related!

Trends Sex Toys And I don't even want to know what happened in January 2006, but I'm sure Blitz and Atilla were involved...

This is interesting, although not unexpected... check out the massive increase in the search term "Ammo" on Google Trends:

Google Trends

I was in a shop yesterday in western mass. They had a couple of boxes of 7.62 and that was about it. The only 5.56 they had was one box that was blanks. 12ga was empty except for about 3 boxes of remington gunclub target rounds and a box of 12ga blanks. They had a crap load of .410 though. The sign stated max 40 rounds/customer/day. Somone came in looking for .22LR and they were out with no resupply date. All they had were 2 bricks of .22 shorts.

I was also a little shocked at the gun prices. They had a Romanian WASR going with one pre-ban 30rd for $1000. I haven't been in there in a while and not looking at gun prices as my finances are really tight at the moment.

Just got me a bucket O bullets. Was happy just to get them until I see the price (at Dicks) posted by Mike. Ugh... $89 for 1400 rounds. I guess its supply and demand, but at least I have something to shoot without felling guilty.

Just wait a bit if you can. They had hearings today, what possibly will pass is expanded background checks, mental health, and no strawman. Then no more panic buying.

Back
Top Bottom