• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WHY are there no custom Hi-Power manufacturers?

I see quite a few perform custom work on Hi-Powers like Novak, but no companies make souped-up renditions of Hi-Powers. Why is that?

Custom 1911's are great, but why is the HP ignored?

It's because of things like this I wish had a degree in engineering and machining skills...

I'm banned from 1911forum.com but they had a section for those guns. Your jaw will drop if you see the pic threads.

Its not the type of gun you buy off the shelf all done up. Think of it more like Glock . You find a smith that knows then and you let them lose.

Zappa lol.

I'm banned from 1911forum.com but they had a section for those guns. Your jaw will drop if you see the pic threads.

Its not the type of gun you buy off the shelf all done up. Think of it more like Glock . You find a smith that knows then and you let them lose.

Zappa lol.

Since you opened them can o' worms, what the hell did you do to get banned from 1911forum? Tell them 45 sucks!

there are custom hi-powers :)

highpower1965right%20800x594.jpg

Zappa lol.

I really want to find another HP and have Novak work on it. I'd love a hard chrome HP with a spur hammer, wide trigger, and extended tang are definite musts.

Okay. I was beginning to think it was some crazy thing to do with patents.

I love the 1911A1, but damnit, the grips HP's and CZ-75's feel so right.

I'm cursed to love stuff outside of the super-mainstream.

I have a custom Hi Power myself, done by a former local guy from Woburn Sal Balesteri, who's now retired.
It started life as a plain Parkerized gun, Sal did it up in double-dipped hard chrome, and the controls are plated in real gold.
I had this done in the early 90's, back when gold was under $300 an ounce.
The whole custom job cost me $320, which was $20 more than I paid for the gun itself. [laugh]

Custom_Hi_Power.jpg

Back
Top Bottom