Who's got the best deals on 7.62x39 these days?

I did it...I posted it already but, feel like I have to type it again. I bought my first rifle ever at the braintree gun show...a saiga ak 7.62x39. I shot it for the first time on monday and I had such a frickin' blast...both literally and figuratively. So, anyone know where some good prices on ammo? I need to feed my new child haha...Thanks!

In which state do you live? It makes a HUGE difference.

+1. I was able to get a huge discount off the MA cost of ammo while I was in a free state. $200/1,000 rounds. The same ammo, at Four Seasons, would've been $350+.

ETA: Just in case you're from a free-state (and for the rest of you): http://gun-deals.com/

Last edited:
I live on the south shore in the peoples' republic of massachusetts. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a day trip up north and making a day of it either. If you guys think rileys is the place to be then i'll give 'em a call. I have called around a bit and yup as of today four seasons had 1000rds/$350 ish I believe.

I live on the south shore in the peoples' republic of massachusetts. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a day trip up north and making a day of it either. If you guys think rileys is the place to be then i'll give 'em a call. I have called around a bit and yup as of today four seasons had 1000rds/$350 ish I believe.

That's a disgusting price.

When I bought my ammo online in a free-state, I had it shipped to the UPS Store. They charged me $3 to hold it. I saved $150+. Maybe something to consider?

So is there anything wrong (illegal) with buying in a free state and having it shipped to a relative in that free state, and picking it up while visiting? Are you technically not allowed to order online from MA to have it shipped to a free state, and then go up there to pick it up? Again, assuming you can legally posses it in MA (have a license).

Mike

So is there anything wrong (illegal) with buying in a free state and having it shipped to a relative in that free state, and picking it up while visiting? Are you technically not allowed to order online from MA to have it shipped to a free state, and then go up there to pick it up? Again, assuming you can legally posses it in MA (have a license).

Mike

Nothing wrong with it , just that some companies only ship to the state the buyer is in. But you can have ammo shipped to MA as long as you have a dealer thats willing to do it ( and if you do keep your mouth shut). The easiest way is just to have the relative in the free state buy it for you, throw them some cash and as long as they are not moonbats you're pretty much set

You can also have ammo shipped to your FFL - if they will accept it. Some won't - because they want to make the sale themselves.

Mike

The big hitch in that is that the company usually only ships to the address associated with the CC. If you could send a MO with the friend's address, or front him the cash and have him use his CC, it's a good plan.

I picked up a few thousand rounds at 215/1000rnds at Riley's...it was only an hour or so drive so it was worth it!

$215 is a pretty good price these days. It's been a while since I have seen it that low.

If you are ok with a trip up to NH then check out Manchester Firing Line also - they often have good deals on 7.62x39

The same ammo, at Four Seasons, would've been $350+.

Good lord,x39 wasn't that expensive during the Obama rush..Let me guess,only a few cases available at that price and no discounts,this could be the last known cases of x39 in the country etc..[thinking]

But hey,if people are stupid enough to pay those prices,I would sell it at that price too if I owned a business.

Mike
No. And so long as you can possess it in the "free state," there's nothing illegal about you picking it up there even without a MA license. You just can't legally bring it back here w/o the license. [wink] And while we're on the subject, there's nothing illegal about having it shipped to MA. The AG's opinion on the matter is in opposition to any and all laws and cases regarding inter-state commerce that I'm aware of. (Although, IANAL.)

That said, if you really want mail-order ammo, there's nothing legally stopping you from:
- ordering online and having the company ship to a friend or family member in a free state (unlikely that they'll do it, if you have a MA billing address)
- having a friend or family member order it and picking it up
- having a friend or family member buy it and ship it to you in MA

The big hitch in that is that the company usually only ships to the address associated with the CC. If you could send a MO with the friend's address, or front him the cash and have him use his CC, it's a good plan.

That's not always the case....there are places that don't care about the CC origination, just the destination.
It's not illegal to ship ammo to a friend in a free state.

229 per 1000 of Herters (Wolf in a different package) at Cabela's. You get a dry box with that too I think.

$270/1000 for Wolf 7.62x39 FMJ is lowest I can find in metrowest: I purchased last case a couple of weeks ago and didn't see any there recently.

I could drive 60-70 mins up to Riley's and save some $ (4 hr time block - gotta poke around too!, $20 in gas to save ~$50), but my time is of more value. I have hard enough time trying to fit an hour or two at the rifle range. I'm a firm believer in supporting your local gun shop! [grin]

Money isn't everything IMHO. [thinking]

Just got back from Four Seasons, $137/500 of Brown Bear which looks to be a reasonable deal considering some of the other prices posted

I order my 7.62x39 online. I'm duly licensed and can accept delivery and take possession. Of course, the Massachusetts AG's office is notorious for harassing peaceable folks simply trying to transact. What's up with their aversion to the free market? That or Coakley secretly owns a Massachusetts gun shop.

I'll definitely have to take the "Run to Hooksett" if the prices in this thread are accurate! Great unit price!

$270/1000 for Wolf 7.62x39 FMJ is lowest I can find in metrowest: I purchased last case a couple of weeks ago and didn't see any there recently.

I could drive 60-70 mins up to Riley's and save some $ (4 hr time block - gotta poke around too!, $20 in gas to save ~$50), but my time is of more value. I have hard enough time trying to fit an hour or two at the rifle range. I'm a firm believer in supporting your local gun shop! [grin]

Money isn't everything IMHO. [thinking]

Just got back from Four Seasons, $137/500 of Brown Bear which looks to be a reasonable deal considering some of the other prices posted

The best thing about buying your ammo online or through a New Hampshire shop, is that the Patrick/Murray/Coakley cabal don't get their grubby little hands on your money. Starve the damn beast!

Anyone see any good prices lately? I called manchester firing line and rileys and you're looking at $250/case (1000)...It's just pretty far away and think I would spend the difference in gas anyways....any good prices out there lately? By the way, with my new ak...iron sights I am nailing targets at 100yds...awesome gun!

Back
Top Bottom