Who's buying S&W?

For a .45? Like to see how you did that. My email from four seasons said $364 After rebate.

So didn't mine. Then Carl lowered it to $325 after rebate ($400-$75). Today, before I left to go to FS, his website price dropped again from $370 to $295 after the rebate. I couldn't get there fast enough for that price. I mentioned to Carl that maybe I'll wait until next Tuesday to see if he lowers the price again. He just laughed.

Do you see how I did that? (I'll PM you my receipt if need be.) [laugh]

Shield .45 is $369.95 less $75 rebate = $294.95

So didn't mine. Then Carl lowered it to $325 after rebate ($400-$75). Today, before I left to go to FS, his website price dropped again from $370 to $295 after the rebate. I couldn't get there fast enough for that price. I mentioned to Carl that maybe I'll wait until next Tuesday to see if he lowers the price again. He just laughed.

I see it. Looks like "right place right time". Prices on these are moving around faster than the stock market.

Looks like I paid a premium for mine... but heck it was worth it to me... a 3 hr drive to FS or SS just doesn't make sense for me.. PLus I like to keep my little local shop in business.. :) He's good to me, free transfers and lots of other perks.. but he always laughs and says he'll get me on the next gun.. either way the gun is worth the 440 -75 = 365 .. I'm a happy gy, especially after running to the range yesterday and banging out 100 flawless rounds ... it's an absolute tac driver

I see it. Looks like "right place right time". Prices on these are moving around faster than the stock market.

I needed another gun like I need another hole in my head, but for that price, I just couldn't pass it up. S&W must have made thousands of Shields in anticipation of HRC being elected, but they guessed wrong. Now they have to unload them (no pun intended).

Looks like I paid a premium for mine... but heck it was worth it to me... a 3 hr drive to FS or SS just doesn't make sense for me.. PLus I like to keep my little local shop in business.. :) He's good to me, free transfers and lots of other perks.. but he always laughs and says he'll get me on the next gun.. either way the gun is worth the 440 -75 = 365 .. I'm a happy gy, especially after running to the range yesterday and banging out 100 flawless rounds ... it's an absolute tac driver

I wouldn't drive 3 hours either just to save a few bucks and smaller shops do need support. I'm guessing that many of them can't buy in bulk like FS does to lower their prices. The important thing is that you are happy with the gun.

. You had to take a number if you were buying a gun

There is something about taking numbers and standing in line to fork over money on a gun that just pisses me off...

Nothing against this particular shop...Four Seasons has had the "deli counter" system in place for quite some time...probably just me...but damn, it just ain't right.

Sportsmans outdoors S&W Shield

Can they ship direct to MA resident or do you need to go through FFL?

I'm guessing that many of them can't buy in bulk like FS does to lower their prices.

FS had 1100+ Shields in stock for this sale.
I was there 9:30am to pick mine, out the door with the gun in 30 mins. Not bad...

Everyone who was called ahead of me was picking a Shield. I wonder how many they have left at the end of the day. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FS had 1100+ Shields in stock for this sale.
I was there 9:30am to pick mine, out the door with the gun in 30 mins. Not bad...

Everyone who was called ahead of me was picking a Shield. I wonder how many they have left at the end of the day. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap! I don't see how ANY average shop could compete with order volume like that!

I bought an M&P 9mm a while back. Hands down the absolute worst trigger of any weapon I've ever fired. Had to be 15 pounds and grittier and creepier than Barney Frank's Speedo. I'm done with Smith''s auto pistols.

I bought an M&P 9mm a while back. Hands down the absolute worst trigger of any weapon I've ever fired.

I guess you weren't around when they made the Sigmas (aka Smegma)

Had to be 15 pounds and grittier and creepier than Barney Frank's Speedo.

I should neg you for that. [puke2]

I'm done with Smith''s auto pistols.

I guess you never shot a model 41 either.

I bought an M&P 9mm a while back. Hands down the absolute worst trigger of any weapon I've ever fired. Had to be 15 pounds and grittier and creepier than Barney Frank's Speedo. I'm done with Smith''s auto pistols.

Thanks, another one of your positive, helpful posts .... did you get rid of your POS Ariens Pro yet too ...

Strange I dry fired a couple at pickup. The trigger is different on different guns.

I took the one that was short and reset crisp. Werid the 2 new shields have such a huge difference. The guy who brought the other would have felt the same.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I really like the Bodyguard and have had nothing but good experiences with mine. Perfect BUG and for times when nothing else is practical as a CCW. Using the 2 is 1 and 1 is None philosophy I plan to pick up another one tomorrow.

I replaced my Ruger LC9s with a Shield 9 two weeks ago. Nice pistol with a long sight radius for its size, which makes it very accurate for me.

Just bought one at 4 Seasons, $369 minus the rebate comes to $295.

Me too, today. Twelve left (of the 45 I was told). Too good to pass up. Been looking for a Glock 36 (another single stack 45 like the shield), but hard to find or find at reasonable price. So, I can certainly live with the SW instead.

Is it safe to assume the trigger on the 45's is same Shield crap (MA version) and in need of an overhaul ?

Of course it's a Ma trigger... what else would be :)..... BUT .... it seems to break a little lighter than my 40 Shield did new. I'm one of those guys that doesn't consider all heavy triggers on a CCW gun to be crap.... I may not like the heavy trigger, comfort wise, but I shoot the Ma trigger just as good as I shoot my Apex modified triggers ... Just shot the bullseye out on my target from 10 yds, 1st time out of the box, with the 10lb Ma trigger. I have since replaced the sear and spring with Apex parts, trigger is now down to 5.5lbs from about 9-10, my scale only measures up to 8lbs.. To be honest, for some reason, I liked the original trigger. The bottom line, practicing trigger control by dry firing is the key to comfort when live firing any gun..

Back
Top Bottom