Whoops...

exo

Has this ever happened to you? I was doing laundry, moving clothes from the washer into the dryer... and I find a [STRIKE]bullet[/STRIKE]cartridge rolling around in the bottom of the washer basket. Whoops! [rolleyes]

I'm guessing it probably doesn't work now huh?

Last edited:
Not yet. But when I was paying last weekend, while shopping with the Mrs., I pulled a .22lr round out of my pocket. Put it on the counter, paid, back into pocket.

Being that bulltes are just projectiles, it shouldn't effect it, so I'd go ahead and use it for reloading. A complete cartridge also should be fine, and I've done that before with carry ammo, and shot it afterward. I've never washed reloading components before, though.

I was throwing a sweat shirt in the wash after the pumpkin shoot, and I found 2 12ga shells in the pocket. This was like 2 or 3 weeks after the pumpkin shoot, btw. Imagine my surprise...

Not ammo, but I left my Benchmade AFCK in my pants pocket one time and it went through the laundry.

When it came out, the knife had diassembled itself; the blade, handles, liners, and the pocket clip were all in seperate pieces. The only thing missing was the itty-bitty screws that held evertything together.

By some miracle, the blade did not cut any of the clothing.

I sent the (very clean) parts back to Benchmade and they put the knife back together for free.

At least I'm not the only one to have mishaps with the laundry [grin]

On the bright side, my ammo now smells like springtime?

Not me but my wife has. Found a whole speedloader full of 38spl in the dryer once. It was mine just forgot to take it out of my pants.

I washed a spare barrel & a mag of my carry ammo that I'd thrown in my jacked pocket at the range once. [slap]

I was carrying .357 Sig at the time, & changed the barrel & mags to 9mm to shoot the cheaper ammo at the range, & put everything away when I got home. I thought I'd checked all the pockets, but I missed the inside zippered pocket.

All the rounds functioned properly.

The wife wasn't happy when she found some spent .22 brass under and beside her car seat. I had a fleece pullover on when I was shooting one afternoon. I was on a blue tarp, and just gathered the corners, then pocketed all the empties. I guess a dozen got away. I checked the other day and found a couple more under there. Might go with a flashlight and check again if it warms up a little some day.

I KNEW there was a reason I don't wash my pants....

ETA: The only things I've ever washed are:

-my learners permit (twice!)
-money (paper and coin)
-napkins
-cigar bands

Last edited:
Im bad about checking pockets, I have washed my Movado watch and Mikey's USB drive but I have not washed any ammo.... yet!

I have washed my cell phone

My wallet gets into the drink at least twice a year. It is always embarrassing paying for something with wet bills

I have killed the washer several times with loose things in my pockets. So I am super careful now.

A front load washer has major trouble digesting 5d. box nails , zip ties , 1.25 drywall screws ... things like that ...

We finally had to replace the machines. Wife loves them. I do NOT let anything get in there that shouldn't. The shelf for " Last minute " catches is however full of bad things like that. Including stray rounds.

Never washed ammo before, but did go to the range with a hooded sweatshirt and when I got home and changed later that day, several casings fell out of the hood.

Back
Top Bottom