Whoops: BPD Officers Recover Eleven Firearms While Placing Suspect in Custody in Downtown Boston

Pierre arrived at South Station at approximately 2:25PM where he was observed carrying a backpack that appeared to be weighted down. Pierre walked toward the escalator while alternating the bag between both hands to distribute the weight of the bag.

Note to self. Don't bring heavy backpacks to South Station.

If this is true that he was searched because he had a heavy bag I hope he gets off

Pierre arrived at South Station at approximately 2:25PM where he was observed carrying a backpack that appeared to be weighted down. Pierre walked toward the escalator while alternating the bag between both hands to distribute the weight of the bag. As Pierre continued down the escalator, he was met by law enforcement officers where he was safely placed under arrest and charged with several counts of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm. He is expected to be arraigned in Boston Municipal Court.

Three of these look brand new, still with the red factory warning tags on the trigger guards:

IMG_5406+(1).jpg

He was ratted out by someone wherever he came from. Either a Fed UC or a paid snitch with confirmed veracity for past information and arrests. There’s a whole process to follow for these interstate interdictions whether it’s guns, drugs or sex trafficking. This doesn’t look like a highly caffeinated cop that just said hey that bag looks heavy ima jack him up and see what shakes loose.

Major ‘Rail and Bus’ ports to or from anywhere are normal trafficking routes simply because of the lack of security required to ride.

He was ratted out by someone wherever he came from. Either a Fed UC or a paid snitch with confirmed veracity for past information and arrests. There’s a whole process to follow for these interstate interdictions whether it’s guns, drugs or sex trafficking. This doesn’t look like a highly caffeinated cop that just said hey that bag looks heavy ima jack him up and see what shakes loose.

Major ‘Rail and Bus’ ports to or from anywhere are normal trafficking routes simply because of the lack of security required to ride.
ding ding... you beat me to it

For sure.
It was much more than the heavy backpack. They ready knew what it contained.

Yup. He was ratted, they knew who he was and how he was coming in. Just had to sit back and wait to pinch him with no escape route (escalator). The heavy bag had nothing to dith the stop other than adding to their already probable cause.

They're obviously not going to say, but I would bet good money they got tipped off about this guy from a CI / Rat and were literally just waiting for him to appear.
Could be. But I can tell you that this kid will probably walk. Cops do this shit all the time to the known idiots walking around with stolen goods in thier back packs. They usually pick them up on Friday nights and ruin thier weekends because they sit in a cell till court Monday morning. They walk every time. This one is definetily interesting though

Could be. But I can tell you that this kid will probably walk. Cops do this shit all the time to the known idiots walking around with stolen goods in thier back packs. They usually pick them up on Friday nights and ruin thier weekends because they sit in a cell till court Monday morning. They walk every time. This one is definetily interesting though

Lol this is probably a fed put up job, nobody is walking. Notice the alphabet soup badge collection in the brag pic?

I'm trying to understand the legal aspect here. According to the report, he was arrested carrying a heavy bag inside South Station. Here's what I see:

1) A heavy bag is not enough for detention, let alone an arrest. Unless weapons were sticking out or he was acting suspiciously, then detention would have been justifiable. Switching hands when carrying a heavy bag is not a justification
2) He was arrested inside a transportation facility. As per federal law, transportation of legally acquired firearms is allowed. Now, if he was arrested outside the facility, that would be different but I am still going to point to 1: no cause for search or detention.
3) no federal charges were filed. This makes sense. According to the photos, most guns were not loaded and the ammo was in separate boxes. Heck, even magazines were not loaded. According to TSA, this is an accepted way of transporting firearms.
3) As someone had mentioned in this thread, someone had given police information on the guy's intent to distribute within Massachusetts. Unless the guy actually sold the weapons in MA, the intent cannot be proven.

Considering that the ONLY charge is illegal firearms possession(one per firearm), I half-decent attorney will get them dismissed.

That said, if this guy came here to do illegal $#!t, he should go to jail! What pisses me off is that police acted in such a dumb fashion that this guy will most likely go free. What if the next time he is successful. These guns will end up in the hands of some gangbanger in Brockton and someone's son/daughter/wife/husband is murdered? All thanks to the ineptitude of officers eager for a promotion.

Pierre arrived at South Station at approximately 2:25PM where he was observed carrying a backpack that appeared to be weighted down. Pierre walked toward the escalator while alternating the bag between both hands to distribute the weight of the bag.
This makes little sense. If this was a backpack and it was heavy, he would have had it on his shoulders, NOT in his hands. Changing hands applies to a carry bag, not a backpack. I think the police report on which this article was based, is not consistent. It will get ripped to shreds in any hearing.

Back
Top Bottom